Problem 50/50 performance drop on Nordschleife in GTR3 (VR)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by .OG Isaac, Jan 3, 2018.

1. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I've got a very strange problem.

On the Nordschleife layouts (excluding Tourist) I can drive with any racing series in a grid of 19 AI cars and maintain a solid high framerate for VR racing.

However, if I try and do a GTR3 race sometimes I have no issues, but sometimes I get a massive performance drop to 15/20fps. It doesn't always happen, which is the weird part. That kind of rules out a performance issue on my side I think.

When I get a performance drop is around 30 seconds in to the race. It doesn't immediately have low performance.

Specs: Sabertooth X79, i7-3820@3.6ghz, GTX980, 16GB RAM. As I said, I don't think this should bring up any problems.

If any extra info is needed, i'll have the time today to test things out.

THE REAL ISSUE EDIT: "Pausing the game during the race, opening oculus home, closing oculus home and then continueing the race is what drops the performance.

The Touch Controllers show up in the cockpit, and to get rid of them I open oculus home and close it, which hides the touch controllers, but this seems to drop the performance. I've tested it on multiple tracks and multiple classes." - This is the real issue. It just happened that I opened my Oculus Home when I was in the Porsche on the Nordschleife to reset my pedals and hide my touch controllers.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  2. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    on the event version, we currently have a problem that seems to be related to drivers using the same livery, could that apply here?

3. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Does this apply to AI & AI using the same livery or just player & AI?

I'll go test it out now to see if that's where my problem is. I've done the race with the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, which currently one has 1 livery available, and that hasn't dropped in performance.

4. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    The Event version does not directly feature AI.
    The issue we have is that the game crashes on multiple simulators is a livery is used more than once, the server starts to time out some clients.
    In singleplayer, the issue might exist but behave differently, thats why i ask.
    I think the liverys are chosen randomly, and with 19 cars it's highly possible that any livery might be selected twice.
    The issue might also be related to the new cars released, so it would be helpful anyway if you try to check what cars/liveries are in the race you are driving, you might find something that tends to happen only in a certain situation.

5. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I just tested driving the Porsche and the AMG GT;

It seems to be only happening with the Porsche. I can't find anything else that stands out (certain AI cars)
    I got a tiny drop in frames for about 3 seconds in the AMG GT near the end of the lap but nothing bad, and it went away on it's own.

In the Porsche the issue seems to last longer / not go away at all untill I quit the race.

6. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I've found the issue! @Alex Wurst

Pausing the game during the race, opening oculus home, closing oculus home and then continueing the race is what drops the performance.

The Touch Controllers show up in the cockpit, and to get rid of them I open oculus home and close it, which hides the touch controllers, but this seems to drop the performance. I've tested it on multiple tracks and multiple classes.

7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I've set Oculus Home only with admin rights.
    So Oculus Home never start with R3E automatically.

So you can't have the touch controller Problem and you have probably more ressources free for racing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    How have you done this?

9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Rightclick on the Oculus home exe, properties and the tick "start as administrator"
    (Sorry, it's on german here, hoping thats the right translation on windows)

• Useful Useful x 1