Any way to achieve more anti-aliasing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goldtop, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    That's the beauty of DSR and SSAA - it skips edge finding and all other fancy stuff and simply antialiases the entire image, which will be effective in absolutely all scenarios. Brute force (almost) always beats the "smart" ways. :)

2. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    do you know how fix that ?

it is probably dsr issue.

3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    To use the Nvidia Inspector for setting SGSSA and MSAA as mentioned above you have to do at minimum three things, most of us don't aware of:

1. In Game set minimum AA at 2x
    2. Nvidia Inspector add both raceroom exes. The 32 bit one and the 64 bit one, than choose override applications settings. Choose your 4x MSAA and 4x SGSSAA
    3. and without nothing works(!!!) DX9 Antialiasing Compatibility Bit: 0x204412C1

I hope it helps someone here.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    what about blur and blur movement ?
    each time i max these settings i have fps drops whetever i set ultra low all others parameters

5. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I switch everything off what makes a blurry Image. I like it crisp and clear. SGSSAA adds some bluriness, so I don't want more of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Also, try setting "driver controlled LOD bias" to off, and "LOD bias" to -1.00. It reduces the SGSSAA blurriness a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    For me DSR in Raceroom is easily the best way to get fantastic graphics, I run the game at 3840x2160 and it is so crisp and I get absolutely no jaggies. I can't think of another game that looks so crisp graphics wise. I get a little flashing of the graphics in the menues but nothing distracting and not at all like the in the video in the above post. As I have a 1080TI I can still get above 100 fps in race with everything maxed out. I tried SGSSAA as well but the quality wasn't even close to what I get with DSR enabled in this game.

In other games like in Assetto Corsa the best option for me is to run Sparse Grid Supersampling which makes wonders to get rid of the flashing shadows and get a nice stable picture.

So it depends a lot of what game I run when it comes to choosing the right method to get rid of jaggies but if you have an enough powerful Nvidia card I would recommend at least to try DSR in Raceroom - for me it's a nobrainer as it's way superior to using SGSSAA.

• Like Like x 1
  8. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    /
    thanks for this worked great. But what is number 3?

THanks Greame

9. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Indeed! Same question here...

10. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The compability bit from Nvidia Inspector settings

Attached Files:

• AC.jpg
      AC.jpg
      File size:
      21 KB
      Views:
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not terribly mistaken these are bits that allow you to force AA via nvidia inspector (and/or are useful for multi-GPU systems).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I only have a relatively lowly Nvidia 970M, which isn't bad, but less powerful than the desktop GTX 970, but only need to run a single screen at 1080p. I have a 144Hz refresh rate monitor, so would like to take advantage of that and maintain an FPS over 100 - this seems do-able, but am still trying to figure out the best settings the will allow me to run at over 100 fps, but still provide a good level of anti-aliasing - any suggestions/recommendations?

Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  13. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I thought that @nate said that you need to choose "enhance"" not "override" in the application settings? Confused now... :confused:

14. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Both work, but enhance is usually better. I have the impression that "override" antialiases the menus, text and everything, while "enhance" only antialiases stuff that the game means to antialias. Not entirely sure about this, though. I use "enhance", and it works just fine.

I haven't set any compatibility flag, and it still works. The essence is to link the right executable file, and make sure ingame AA is set to at least 2x, or else antialiasing won't be applied at all, no matter what settings you use in Nvidia Inspector.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, will try this. Any recommendations for what AA settings to try with an Nvidia 970M (I use a gaming laptop hooked up to a 24" 144Hz BenQ monitor...)? Thanks

16. jbfan

jbfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    Sorry for replying to an old thread but I am struggling to get rid of the "jaggies" in RRE. I read through this entire thread but to be honest, there are so many different opinions, I'm even more confused. First of all, my PC specs are:
    AMD X4 860 Quad Core 3.70
    Windows 10 - 64 bit
    8 Gigs RAM
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Single 20" monitor at 60hz
    Windows 10
    Can you guys point me in the right direction to get the smoothest picture without aliasing/tearing?
    My PC runs RRE smoothly, so I'm not really concerned with FPS, just want a picture that is as smooth as possible without the use of 3rd party effects (like Sweet FX, etc)
    I have Nvidia Inspector and the profile is set to "RRE 64" - is that the only .exe it needs to be assigned to?
    I have tried MANY recommendations in the NI settings that were in this thread and I still have some aliasing in the "down track" (not close to the car) and on the fencing.
    Thank You

17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Do you need to keep the nVidia inspector running or is it just aplaying the changes and close the nVidia inspector?
    Just tried the settings described in this topic. wow. I now have a very sharp image without AA issues.

18. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    It applies when you press apoly. No need to run in background.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Were you able to resolve these 'jaggies'?
    Didn't see the suggested NVI settings... works great so far :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020