Discounted Content in Store - regularly updated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m.bohlken, Sep 30, 2016.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    somehow i doubt we will see -50% on brand new cars

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It was already asked somewhere... the feedback was, that the discount will only be on Tracks... There will be no additional discount in raceroom-store...

3. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That sucks. Buying all the cars would cost more than buying a new game at this point.

Kind of feel bummed having bought the ultimate pack not too long ago. I know I can't complain as I knew the business model but it's really turning me off from wanting to buy anything else on the store at the moment as it's getting far too expensive.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp - that's the things we need to deal with... but it's not a big task.
    The first step is to buy vRP-Packs on www.raceroomstore.com to get a discount per vRP. As bigger the pack, as bigger the discount.
    Then you just need to consider what you really really want. If it is a car, just buy only the car with your favorite livery.
    Sooner or later a Sale will come - then use that sale to buy the rest of the things you want... everything you don't want - just leave it aside...

5. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    You'll be singing a different song when new content comes out and you've already bought the Premium pack :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Oh you have every right to complain because nobody could know that S3 would constantly add new cars to already released and meanwhile old packs instead of creating new packs. So why is there no new GT3 pack (like former ADAC packs) or Porsche pack with discount on it? This is sheer "Abzocke".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  7. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Until yesterday I had all the cars apart from the 4 new GT3 ones. Ended up buying them but of course didn't get any discounts, even though they're in the GT3 pack now. The pack that I conveniently can't buy because I bought the Premium pack once. Needless to say this is the last piece of content I'm buying from S3 because this is now turning into a cash grab. I've already spent more money on this game than any other and I still don't own all the content (would need about £15 for liveries and some more for Cayman and Cup car?)! There are plenty other racing games out there with which you get all content for far less than here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Do whatever makes you happy. But paying for new content isn't exactly what I would define as cash grab. Remember you got the base game for free.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No, but having paid close to £100 for everything so far I'd expect to at least be able to choose any livery I want and not have to pay £4 per car to get them all.

Also, they keep saying that you get discounts if you purchase stuff as part of a pack. Then why don't I get a discount if I add 4 more cars having bought GT3 pack already? Also it's not right that I'm blocked from buying other packs (e.g. GT3) if I've bought the Premium pack before that.

It's a slippery slope really. I do realise that the content I'm buying is new, however, if feels slightly misleading that I'm buying the Premium pack, which includes all content and then not get the rest of the content when it comes out. A year later someone pays the same amount of money for the Premium pack as I did and gets all content I have plus everything that came out since, which I would have to then pay through the nose to get, even though I spent the same amount of money, just earlier.

It would be fair in my view, if I bought e.g. the GT3 pack and it would include all cars and liveries of current AND future cars. Same if I buy the Premium pack, which is being advertised as the one including all content - I would expect to have all content as it comes out at a later date too. If this isn't acceptable for S3 then don't do packs at all because it's just a weird business model. Don't know, maybe I'm just weird and expect too much for my money.

10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Is that really like this? I bought the GT3 pack AND the premium pack some time back in the past. I don't remember sth was blocked after I bought premium. If it is so that's really a bummer.

It's only advertised as "all currently included content" not "all content that will ever be released in the future"

That's the price of you're an early adopter. The same goes for buying a normal game and having to buy all DLC if you want to have a complete game. And after a year they release a GOTY edition with game and every DLC for half the price the base game did cost a year earlier. I don't think that's something we can really complain about.
    I already suggested sth like a flatrate which lets you"buy" all new content automatically for a fixed yearly (or whatever) price. Other possibility would be to give initial discounts on new content if you already have bought all the packs. There are solutions but it's nothing in sector 3s hands. Raceroom AG is the decision maker.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we are bit offtopic, but as a reply/addition to previous posts, I would suggest that users who own the full content, would be automatically given the opportunity to buy new content with lower price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That was actually one of the selling points that got me into the game - it said I would be getting cotent with a discount if I bought items from packs that I already own.

I owned every single item in the game until the 3 GT3 cars came out. I was unable to buy them at a discounted price even though I had the GT3 pack bought (it shows as owned) and ended up paying almost £4 for each car (or whatever it was in vRP).

That to me is false advertising and, as I've mentioned previously, once I spend the points I have in my account now I won't be buying any more content. I feel lied to.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Sergey Melnichuk

Sergey Melnichuk New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    All privacy will prompt the development of WTCR and BTCC series ?

14. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I won't get tired to complain constantly about the unfair behavior to add new cars to already existing packs.

But this thread
    should be kept clean for informations about discounted content in store. ;)

15. Sergey Melnichuk

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello, tell me there is a topic where you can ask a question to the developers of RR ?

16. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    If this is a new question you can start a new topic.

17. Sergey Melnichuk

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank You

18. dave4880

dave4880 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Did you get the cars you where looking for now that they are at 50% off ?

19. T@X

T@X Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to say that i own the premium pack and bought even everything separately in the past spending alot of money; now i had no time for a while. No need to say i'm extremely disappointed that i have no possible discounts on the stuff i'm missing to keep up with the content. I can't buy any packs anymore. Look, i don't want stuff for free, but as an old customer i'll tell you this is disappointing. Not asking for 95% discount , but owners of the premium should be treated as PREMIUM and granted the possibility to keep up with the content at a lower price. I will refrain to buy anything till a solution to this mistreatment will be found. Jeez i have to spend, again, 60 euros for 4 tracks and 8 cars considering all the money i have already spent here ? Are u kidding me dudes ? No way.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I have a question for any of the S3 folks who may monitor this. Or anyone who also knows who can weigh in on a couple of items.

1. I noticed a slight price drop in the in-game store earlier. Is this due to a sale or discount or is this now a permanent price adjustment of some kind? Granted, it's only like 10 to 20 cents on average it seems, but enough of a discount that I'm considering buying through Steam.

2. This relates to Steam. Yes, I know all about the advantages of vRP being so much the better deal and preferred method, generally, of buying in-game items. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind collecting all of the RaceRoom trading cards over time. So naturally that makes me desire to purchase occasionally through Steam, which I've done twice already. So this is basically a two-fold kind of question. I'm guessing that buying vRP through the site won't give me any credit on Steam purchasing for accumulating the trading cards over time? Second question, is it due to Steam (they take their cut?) that the pricing is higher to purchase through Steam as a result?