Bug What Gopher04 said. ;)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GooseCreature, Jan 12, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Having a very strange one, I keep getting a 'device connected' message, there are four devices connected at all times, no idea what's triggering it. On top of that and far more annoyingly I have a Clubsport V3 pedal issue, last week I kept losing the throttle, worked fine in Fanatec App and advanced control settings but sod all in sim, eventually reinstalled pedal drivers and all worked fine. This week no brakes, randomly and without any warning, nothing, have reinstalled drivers but just the same, all fine in App and options but zilch in Sim.
    Suggestions most gratefully received! :confused:

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    What the F.............................. Is no Bug
    For this I made a bug report a few days ago because it also happens to me and some other friendly testers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    happens to me too "device connected" message and the throttle stop working (at 98% approximately it fades to zero until restart raceroom

windows doen't detect that any device reconnects

4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I get the messages 'device disconnected' & device connected, have done since S3 made a profile for the CWS 2.5 base, it's not affected any of the controllers yet, but is bloody annoying everytime you enter the game one of these messages pops up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Been duplicated and passed on to the developers , thanks for that !

• Like Like x 1
  6. dante3003

dante3003 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I have the same. Buttonbox, Pedals and Wheel are connected.

7. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    +1, juste many messages (And all work fine... strange) :(

THANKS

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  8. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Spoke to soon, today the V3's got disconnected twice during a session today..:(

9. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have had this with my new V3s too... Randomly the throttle will cut out and almost splutter... I haven't had it since changing usb port and changing to auto calibration as I did a 90 minutes race the other evening and no problem!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Hmm what I have noticed tonight is it's become very frequent now, did think well maybe the pedals are losing sync or something, so when the peddles we not responding, which seems mainly to be the throttle, but I had my Fanatec control panel open on another screen so I can see what is going on, on the control panel they are responding correctly, whilst ingame at the same time they are not, also when using the throttle pedal ingame if you just put you down it doesn't respond, but if you increase the pressure slowly it does, but when you have your foot all the way down on the throttle, with no response and you touch the brake pedal at the same time, that seems to cause the throttle to work via the brake pedal, but only if your foot has the throttle pedal all the way down.
    Could really do with a quick fix on this guys..

11. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Really don't want to use auto calibration if I can help it.

Could we have a more appropriate title to this thread please, I'm sure other's are missing this thread because of the title..

12. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm only using it because it doesn't seem to give me trouble... I did have it on manual calibration. Not sure what is better? I'm running them as stand a lone pedals...

13. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering if people that are getting this problem only have Fanatec V3's, or do they CSW 2.5 as well.

14. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    clubsport v3 usb here

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I thought I was alone. But my USB ports are going crazy lately. every USB device gets disconnected and reconnected occasionally. Oculus Rift, Wheel, Pedals, Shifter, Keyboard, Mouse, Rift Sensors... and it happens when I drive in Raceroom... and I thought it could have something to do with the pci-e USB 3.0 extension card i installed lately (strangely it really started after it was installed). But yesterday I removed the pci-e card and today it happened again...

BUT THEN.. it also happened on the desktop doing nothing. Suddenly some USB devices got disconnected and reconnected ... strange. Deleted all USB controllers and Hubs in the device manager. They got reinstalled after reboot. But it was strange that it always seemed to happen when playing Raceroom. I'll have an eye on that now.

Maybe something to do with the latest Windows updates?

16. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Don't think it has to do with that, I only installed the update yesterday, and I've been having the messages since CSW 2.5 profile was created, but only had it actually effect the controller ie, V3's as of tonight, but saying that using auto cal in the control panel seems have stopped it effecting the pedals..thx's to @Badders46, but agree it only happens in Raceroom.

17. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    No worries... I only use raceroom so can't compare to any other sim... But auto cal has solved it for me... Strangely though when it happens, if I go into Fanatec software or advance settings in raceroom the throttle appears to be working with no issues... Very strange and I am so glad I'm not alone!

18. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Well started to have a race tonight and got hit with the disconnect and stuttering throttle pedal with the V3's, and that was with auto cal being used, so really need a fix for this guys, it's constantly happening now, along with the connect/disconnect messages appearing all the time.

19. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I've actually deleted the CSW 2.5 default profile now, as I'm convinced that might be the problem, as in-game with this default profile the pedals are always shown as missing and on that profile in-game the pedals are always written in red. Removing the profile seems to have worked so far.

20. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    This has already been tracked as a bug last week. Dev's are looking into it.
    Upload some logs if you can.
    And ye I suggest picking a better title next time.

• Agree Agree x 1