Raceroom is not that great...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbtm, Jan 12, 2018.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ...that's what this video tells us: :mad::mad:

What happened here? I love the Mercedes .. why doesn't he? :(

joke aside, this is the worst "review" (or whatever) I've seen for raceroom, but you also see that he didn't put much effort into it. His conclusion isn't justified because of this.

2. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First of all he just wanted to show his cockpit. As we can not see his foot work its complete useless...so far for that.

Many possibilities as there could be

A) Idiot
    B) complete Idiot
    C) BMW Fan Boy as we could see...

Every single "review" about a game from people not playing/testing the game for about many hours (10-50 at least) is useless !!!!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    :eek:

he's making good videos otherwise. he drives a Mercedes C63 AMG in real life, so not a BMW fanboy :D
    but I don't remember him actually racing in a sim. He's only showing one car on one track for 10 minutes and finito... as far as i remember. So, not entertaining for a long time... only if you're a PC2 and AC fan and want someone to pat your simracer-ego. :cool:

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I recently saw a vid of him, where he compared the Lotus 49 on Laguna Seca in AC and PC2.
    I don't like his affected behaviour. To me it seems he's mostly positive about himself.
    But as he said, it's his opinion and I do not dare to raise it to the question.
    If you remember the test of Jan Seyffarth, where he gave his opinion about PC2 and he was almost cruzified. Absolutely superfluous.
    The first car I drove in PC2 was the Merc 190 EVO2 on Nords and I couldn't have given a better review about that than he did in this video, though clutch and gearbox worked fine.
    Well Impressions are subjective and beeing used to something may distort these vehemently.
    For me sims are somehow like beer. What suits one may displease the other.
    And I'd never dictate, what beer you'd have to like. Myself being brewer.;)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Is he really making a Raceroom review with one of the oldest physics model? :D
    I can't avoid to let him an informative and polite comment about how useless is this review. :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't call it a review. It's more like first impressions.

Anyway, I'm baffled why there is so much love for those cars in RaceRoom. They're kinda fun to drive, but don't feel quite right. If I would start with RaceRoom right now and picked up one of those older cars, I would probably also decided to give up after 15 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    All of the above.

8. Much Fast Such Furious

Much Fast Such Furious New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It's not like you guys need to get bent out of shape every time someone says they don't like RaceRoom, no matter how right or wrong, idiotic or intelligent their reasons for not liking it may be. If you don't like the content then don't give these people attention.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    To his defense I also don't think the DTM 92 feels all that great. But I also wouldn't make a YouTube review of something I haven't thoroughly tested. That's not fair to the people that have created it. And raceroom probably doesn't have as deep of a physics engine as project cars or assetto corsa, but it makes up for it in adrenaline fueled racing. But hey you can't please them all o_O

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    It's not about his opinion, but how he built it. :) But like a comment said on this video, if S3S could indicate in game what physics model version is used by a car, it could improve a lot the first impressions of a new player.
    I imagine myself trying this game for the first time with a GTRX... I could say physics are shit. It just depends how lucky you are when choosing the first car. :confused: But at least I would try several cars, not him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Much Fast Such Furious

Much Fast Such Furious New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I mean, that all sounds well and good but arguments like these are borderline sophistry at this point. Almost none of the people that review this game are actual race drivers, much less so actual race drivers that have driven the cars they review. I have no doubt that the physics for some cars may not be quite right in this game but how would any of these people know that?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I mean i can understand when People say that R3E doesnt have the best ffb or physics when they are used to stuff like iRacing but there is one thing that R3E does better than anything else. The Sound Engine.
    I dont think this guy has ever seen or heard an actual 190 Evo roaring over a track or else he wouldnt have said that the sound is just „ok but not amazing“ i mean come on?! The Cars in this Sim sound almost all like the real thing and thats not all.. look at the freaking options in the Sound Menu, theres more stuff to tweak in there than every other Sim.
    He might be right about their Physics altho i have lots of Fun with them even if they are not on point physics wise (but how the hell should i know, i havent driven that car myself yet) but you dont talk shit about R3Es sound when you come from a game like Assetto Corsa... and thats why i cant take this guy seriously.
    Also what the heck does he mean with delayed ffb? I feel it immidiately when the car gets funny with my puny T300 and he doesnt with hos fancy rig? (Thats exactly the feeling i have with AC btw, i always noticed the oversteer when it was way too late, thats one of the reasons why i dont play ac anymore)

I dont know man, this just doesnt look professional at all to me. I mean even Nicki Thiim says DTM is fun to drive and he is all over iRacing most of the time...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DomiGruen

DomiGruen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I personally like Raceroom of all the Sims I used (AC, pCars 1 & 2, iRacing and GTR2) most.

But if others don't like it as much as I do, it doesn't bother me. It doesn't lower my experience.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Newcomers coming to R3E will drive the cars they like and some of those (most) still have old physics .
    I really wish all cars to be updated by the same people who updated the GTR3 cars !
    Is there a list of cars that S3S have with current physics .
    Having people reviewing R3E like this isn't the best thing , i've asked him to drive a GTR3 car hoping for him to get the same experience i have with this great Sim .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I think there is no best SIM (will ever say I was forced to write this as for sure the best is R3E…no just joking ;))
    It all depends on the player expectations.

Wonderful graphics is a must? Play PC1 (not 2!)

Online battles all over the world? Play AC or IRacing

You like to do more workaround than playing the game? Play rf2

FOR ME as ex a customized championship is ALWAYS the heart of the game. I know that online gaming or Esport is going to be the future of gaming (in fact I am pretty sure that in the more or less near future Esport racing will be No1. In the World) but we should not forget that the majority of all those players don´t have the talent running for a win in online races. These talented people are the minority.

So, if you choose to build a racing game you should think well about the goals you like to achieve with your game. As for AC it is FOR ME not playable in single player mode. Nothing to do than hunting times or playing this sh…y „career“…BUT as far as you like playing online you will find your peace but again as far as you are competitive. Not competitive for winning races you should also keep in mind that competitive online does also mean you can drive that good not to harm other drivers.

Also, it seems TO ME that AC has a very big and „stable“ online community.

As for rf2 … this is the MOST NOT USER-FRIENDLY racing game I ever have experienced. It took me 2 hours before I was able to run my first race. Ok, I am one of those guys who just want to understand the things before getting started so I would have been able to race within 5 minutes for sure. But as for the AI is very often said it would be the best…I can tell you this is just when you setup the AI on your own!!! Who likes o do this for each track? Give yourself a try and have a look for the behaviour of the AI on Zandvoort track…you will see…

But to clarify..I like the driving in rf2 a lot…to me it is quite similar to R3E but this can be due to my lack of knowledge of the real feeling and behaviour of real race cars.

To shorten things….IRacing will kill your saved money and is looking horrible but the online community seems to be strong. Physics are really good mentioned often.

The only „SIM“ I do not understand is Project Cars. I did not buy the second part. As I do not like to spend money on the same issue on yearly basis. In this case I prefer games like R3E which you buy one time and can choose upcoming content to be bought by myself so you like.

The feeling of the FFB in PC is TO ME so different to all others. But as a matter of fact, I am faster with PC than R3E. That’s weird because I always feel like I do not feel the car?! It always feels like I have no grip.

And as another matter of fact I don´t know any game but R3E which is providing besides of online racing a well programmed customized championship mode with INCREDIBLE good AI (compared to all those others) …

Just some thoughts in the morning without having a cup of coffee so far…so far so good…

…off for today trying to run Bathurst within 2.04.7xx to beat my buddy again…

• Like Like x 1
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This isnt really the case anymore. 'Most' of the cars are on new physics. I would say a small portion are still on old, and even fewer are on old that people actually drive. Like, no one uses German nationals or GTRX :p

Basically, the cars on OLD physics are: DTM 92, GTR1, GTR2, GTRX, German Nationals, Hillclimb Icons, Touring Classics, and WTCC 13/14/15.

Everything else is on new physics, of which there are a lot more classes. I suppose you could split off the GT3 cars and put them in a different class since they were overhauled from a new physics developer... but the rest is similar enough and doesnt have the 'floaty' feeling which defined the old physics.

Edit: Ugh, just for completionist sake, cars on NEW physics: all ADAC 13/14/15, Aquila, Audi TT Cup 15/16, Audi TT RS VLN, BMW M235i, Porsche Cayman CS, all DTM 13/14/15/16, FR US, FRX-17, FR2, FR3, FR Jr, GTO, all GTR3, Gr 5, KTM Xbow, NSU, all P1, all P2, Porsche Carrera Cup, BMW M1, all Silhouettes, Tatuus F4, all WTCC 16/17

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    anyone that claims pcars has better FFB than raceroom can't be taken seriously

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    GamerMuscle did a video about this topic and I generally agree with him. Basically, he said learing how to drive (and drive fast) in a particular sim takes much time and effort, so after a while we obviously get used to how the FFB and physics work in that particular game and when we try a different software, physics and FFB will behave differently and we tend to just give up and say 'it's worse', but in reality, it's just different than what we already know.

I feel the same when I drive in AC, the FFB and the physics feel a bit weird to me and I have to practice much more to get up to speed with a car and even though I'm constantly finetuning the settings, the driving experience is still mildly frustrating somehow. I guess the problem is that all my life I've been driving simulators which are based on ISI's physics work to some extent, but I was unfamiliar with the netKar - AC evolutionary line until very recently and I'm simply struggling to adapt my driving style.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    If you dont know that the physics of the car you drive are outdated (btw: Why are not all physics on the last stand????), you can defenetly say that R3E is crap. DTM92 feels really not well and if you take this for the first try, you have no motivation to test other cars, in the belive everything feels shitty...

20. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't useless to comment his video, he said next time he'll try X-Bow. :)
    The difference with DTM 92' is huge, I find the X-Bow is one of the hardest cars in R3E. :rolleyes: