Released Road America

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jan 23, 2018.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Oooh, looks like a nice new preview of the track just appeared...

• Like Like x 18
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Love that they seemed to have kept what I assume are the original advertising billboards :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Ain’t no Kunos or SMS/WMD... :tonguewink:

Btw, lovely track to race. A very welcome addition! Great work and looking forward to it. And now in silence I cross my fingers hoping to see Sebring in the near future to come to R3E... :hearteyes:

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gernot B.

Gernot B. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Great news...now we have another track for a possibly IMSA GTO championship :D.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Just asked because it's one of those great old not-so-perfectly flat tracks that would be great to recreate under the highest possible detail. Other than that, what a nice fast flowing track, will be great for group 5s and GTOs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Maintenance mode?

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    No but Phaser Trim, Spock helped out, ;) :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't that a tricorder?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes:

Because of that:
    source: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/next-update.9561/page-2#post-132100

... haste makes waste! ;)

If we see a preview here, so it's certain that we get it one day. That's why I am happy about every new announcement ... Have patience. It will come soon, and then it's time for: "Gentlemen, start your engines!" :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    ahhahaha. but i know perfectly the thing. it's just funny to act like a kid waiting for the christmas present. :D

i expect the patch on thursday. if not...

:mad::mad::mad: I'LL BURN EVERYTHING :mad::mad::mad:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Another great track, thanks S3S.

If I could make a request here;
    I'd love to see 1990s layouts of some current tracks, notably Imola, Monza, Silverstone, Hockenheim and Spa. Hockenheim would be the hardest of these to adapt from current assets, but I for one would be willing to buy these at a rate equivalent to the amount of work to adapt from the modern versions we already enjoy :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    cool

• Like Like x 3
  13. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Watched Empty Box's vid, this may just be due to Road America's layout, but I liked seeing more tents and such, rather than the same repeated stands/crowd over and over (I just really hate the flag waving guy). Nice job with the details. Did I noticed more varying track textures than normal or am I making that up?

Either way, stoked for Road America. Seeing EB playing it, it looks to be close to release. If its close, I prefer this approach as none of us were expecting this announcement and now we have a great surprise, instead of bugging you for a year asking when it will be released.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, the attention to details is fantastic, I noticed the cart path running along through Kettle Bottoms into Canada Corner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Probably my biggest gripe with Sims (even R3E) is the own game billboard, I mean jump to Zandvort and tell me the R3E's billboards are true to life!
    That's the best thing about AC is the mod community replacing billboards with real life ones.

Looks great, thanks S3! Bring on patch day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    My biggest gripe is the obnoxiousness of the jelling billboards and brake zone markers in other titles. Problem with billboards is that every competition has it’s own track/event sponsors. So a good part of the billboards may vary from race to race. And it doesn’t bother me if they replace it with some made up’s and even own title/developer. But in that you have R3E and AMS on one side, and AC and PC2 on the other side. Take a look at Imola in all 4 games and it’s speaks for itself.

The fact that billboards get mod’s in AC only makes the “problem” even more clear. If Kunos (and SMS) only made it less jelling and more subtle like in AMS would solve it for most of us.

My point is that it doesn’t have to be 1:1 because that’s impossible. But screaming your own brand/title everywhere is a whole other thing imho.

But on the other hand... All I said and my opinion... True first world problems in its purest form. :tonguewink:

• Like Like x 2
  17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I can't remember the signs in R3E but there K&W suspension or something on just about every billboard. They need some new and varied ones.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  18. John Wiesenmüller

John Wiesenmüller Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    KW Supensions (KW automotive GmbH) to be correct and that's the company behind R3E.

Maybe you or a company you know would like to advertise on the signs, AFAIK do Raceroom offer it. ;-)

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I am sure any developer would be more than happy to have billboards from the actual sponsors, but why would they do it for nothing and not promote their own product? I know it looks more authentic, and I suppose if that is the only gripe Sector3 is doing it right.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I never said "only gripe" !
    If im playing said game why would they need to advertise to me about the game i'm playing already ? and as for the KW suspension , cool , im glad there is a company that pay to be on the billboards but to be an exclusive sponsor getting your name on every billboard on every track is a bit much , maybe they could have different versions of the same company name just to break up the repetitiveness of it .