Released Road America

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Drink less: problem solved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Or just be yourself and be prepared to accept the consequences.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Have had some pretty drunk moments in my twenties (sounds like grandpa is talking but it’s only about 10 years ago), but luckily for me that was a time I wasn’t involved in fora so only the people which I got drunk with could become bothered with it. And bystanders which looked on us thinking we are complete morons for being drunk. Only downside in that time... the GSM and texting. Damn... Had sometimes ruined possible dates by sending messages expressing my feelings while being drunk. Luckily for me my own real embarrassing moments when waking up with a wooden head, seeing on my phone what I had send. Though whe say in the Netherlands: only drunk people and children speaks the truth :p.

But I agree, jus face and accept the consequences and life on. Those are good experiences to go through when you are young. Do stupid stuff and learn from it. And preferably stop doing that when you are getting the responsibility of a family. Then certainly follow the advice of @Skybird ;).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I tell the whole story why I am so angry about people drinking themselves under the table and then having the nerve to take that as an excuse for their offenses. Its a very personal story from my family, but there is a lesson to be learned for everybody.

In 1972 I was 5 years old, and the sister of my mother, just married and pregnant, drove with her husband on the Autobahn and then all three were wiped out by a drunk driver.

Almost 20 years later I had found my soul mate in life, my friend and lover, my girl, companion and fiancé . We had plans for a share dlife together, and it was love at first glance. Until some drunk asshole decided to drive his car in his drunken state, and by that decided against our plans coming true. She died on a Landstrasse while I was sitting in the movies in Berlin, laughing. The court said he had a good social prognosis and that he depended on the car for his profession and social outlook, so he got away with some month of driving prohibition and a penalty of some thousand Mark. Thats the price of a human life, I learned. A steal, if you ask me. Some years later I learned from her family that he again has driven drunk, and once again causd an accident, this time nobody was killed, but several people were injured, seriously.

I do not accept being under the influence of alcohol as argument to claim dimnished culpability. You are responsible for how much you drink, and so you are also - fully - responsible for the way you behave when you drink. There is no diminsihed culpability, and that is why I consider excuses of drubk people they make afterwards as worthless and pointless. Your excuse is worth nothing. Make sure you manage your oarty life in a way that you do not bring yourself into a situation where afterwards you have to apologize. If you do not do that, you embarrass yourself.

I drink alcohol myself. I accept that others drink it. What I do not accept is if they drink themselves under the table, behave bad, and later apologize for that.

I know the OP did not go this far like in my biography's chapters that I told. But the lesson is the same.
    Do not apologize after being fully drunk. Instead prevent yourself from getting so drunk that you do things or behave in a way that later you think you must apologize. Happens once - okay, there is alwys a first: but learn from it. Happens again: thats a demonstration that you do not intent to learn anything from it at all. Leave me alone, then, you apologies are a joke then only. I do not want them, I do not accept them.

Cars can be weapons. Thy kill. If you use them while being drunk, you are not better than just any Muslim amok bomber, your relgion is your ego, your holy sanctum is your fun and lack of restraint. Please hit the next tree while being alone in your car, get killed before you take others with you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile...I'm just sat here wondering if the devs could be any more specific about precisely which road in America we'll be able to drive. They have lots of them from what I can tell. Is this a daft joke to get us back on topic? I think it might just be.

• Funny Funny x 4
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Agreed.

Road Atlanta or Watkins Glen come to my mind. AC has a wonderful mod for VIR Virginia, a tricky track with many variations as well, but it seems to polarise people - either you like it with a passion, or you mercilessly hate it. :)

Oh, and Sebring. I do not like it, but I cannot stop driving it in AC - I cannot believe how quickly it kills my nerves. With every lap I become more angry. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. spitfire49

spitfire49 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good to see this great track being added..should have been the venue for the American GP after the Glen had gone...watched some great Indy Cart races from there in the 90''....all but from my sofa!

• Like Like x 1
  8. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    ...add in VIR, Glenn, Sebring, Road Atlanta - US Track pack v2??

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Now I don't have any reason to launch Assetto anymore, gime Sebring and I'll be done with rF2 and iRacing too. :D

• Like Like x 4
  10. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Although I get your point and don't disagree with Sebring I feel it needs a couple more for me to make that final leap. Mosport and Watkins Glen along with Sebring and there will be little need for anything else for me. More good times ahead I think for R3E.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GuitarTech

GuitarTech New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm excited that Road America is coming to R3E, I love it in rF2, and I can imagine that, with sector3s attention to detail, their version will be fabulous, and the Glen maybe sometime too? A dream come true....
    But what about the GP version from Brands? What's the story about why they only have the mickey mouse Indy version?
    The GT3s use the GP version, and most other classes too. I raced there (250cc motorbikes and minis) IRL in another life, and the Indy version is pants, nobody liked it, even back then.
    And LeMans? What is it about LeMans? Only PC2 has a half-decent version, but the physics in PC2 are so naff, no comparison to R3E or Rf2. Is it a licensing problem, or what is the reason that LeMans is so under-represented in the sim world?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Road America looks fantastic, can't wait.

Why not Adelaide? AMS can get it so it can't cost to much and is a brilliant track!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I thought long and hard about answering your comment Skybird and how i could give a fair response from my side given what you describe, anyway here goes! Apologies if i offend you or anyone else reading it but it is my honest answer to your reply, shallow, weak or just me it is what it is!
    Sorry to go off topic, will be my last time in this thread.
    Mate that is a pretty sombre message, totally understandable and believe me when i say you have my heartfelt condolences as belated as they may be, i have lost people very close to me but in no way comparable to your write up but know and understand exactly how it feels to lose close ones.
    We if i read your first or second paragraph right are very simillar in age which brings simillar mentalities and a certain maturity to the table although they maybe slightly diminished or different due to geo location that some of the younger folks here wont understand or get until they reach ours or an age close to it, yeah, occasionally in real life i may take the piss a little too far sober or otherwise, on a forum i might post shite, or on track may get a little annoyed because i dont suffer fools, but i am me, open, honest, forgiving, unforgiving, hard, soft, a twat, wanker, lovable and kind with a heart of gold or just a bastard, whichever me you meet is whatever you see, but i will always be me, rightly or wrongly, outspoken or over the top in your eyes, it is still me and if im wrong have and always will apologise!!!

But, and dont be offended or take this the wrong way i feel you have to be a little more pragmatic\realistic and add a little more perspective, we havnt all suffered in the way you have, i mean, what you describe is horrible, truly, and i wouldnt wish that on anyone, it is truly, truly heartbreaking, but to assume someone having a little fun online or maybe in real life that goes a little too far in what they say or do and feels the need to apologise the next day because that is the right thing to do........is going to go on and do the things you describe is wrong, im no child and neither are many here, I can understand exactly why you might post it, totally, but to tar all folks worldwide not just nation with the same brush is wrong.

I know full well drink driving is wrong, i could but wont tell you of my own personnel experiences, you get to an age or reach a point in life when we all have life stories to tell, i thought i had been dealt a raw deal with my life, truly, it has been shit with shit added on top just for good measure but reading what youve typed puts it into perspective and although bitter from my own lot\personnal experience i also realise mine isnt or hasnt been so bad comparatively speaking.
    I know my limits when it comes to real life, i know full well and am completely compos mentis (sp) even when way over the top with my words or actions that just sitting in the car with the keys in the ignition in the uk is a disqualifiable offence, the people you describe, idk, bastards, thats the only way i could describe them, at least one knew much much better, but we are not all that guy.
    I AM NOT THAT GUY
    Like i said it was a sombre message, sad, depressing even, heartfelt, probably a little ott given the context of the thread and the message i typed but 100% appreciated and understood, just dont be offended with my answer or the way i think about it, it is just me being me!

14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And now for something completely different..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Great, Road America is one of my desired circuits. Although there is a lot of work on tracks in general. For me the circuits of Sebring, Canadian Tire, VIR, Daytona, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta are necessary ...

In any case I think you are doing a great job Sector3, I hope that soon more circuits arrive!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    That old Fanatec pedal problem which is even worst now, I feel for Shaun, hope they will fix this in the next patch.

17. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    ... maybe we get a "stars an stripes" year in R3E ... We still have 11 months to 2019! :D Cross your fingers!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I didn't notice this in the preview videos but I'm sure if someone looks hard enough, a scene like this will be playing out somewhere around the track:
    [​IMG]
    It is 'Murica after all and we're hoping for the full 'Murican experience!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    "Liked" for the girls and pretty makes me happy ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I did not say you are, and neither did I imply that.

I just made a point on drunk behavior being pointless to apologise for, and then some others had some replies and I thought I have to explain why I am that straight: because I think, to quote form a German proverb, that like people do in small and relatvely unimportant things, they tend to also do in larger, more important things. And so I explained where this could lead to. Because "being oneself as long as one does will to face the consequences", is all nice and well - but only as long as these conseqeunces do not also affect others to their disadvantage. Not behaving in a manner that afterwardas one needs to be sorry or apologize - thats what it is about, not more, not less.

• Winner Winner x 1