Bug CSP V3's Disconnect..

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gopher04, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
  2. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So once again trying to be involved in a race over at RD, and once again the pedals sort of drop out, you only have half the throttle to use, try any more than that and the revs just bomb out,, put you foot on the brake at the same time gives you full throttle plus braking..:confused: when I check in the profile the axis for the pedal have changed from +3/-3 to +5/-..reassign them back to the norm but in-game the same effects still happen, only way to get them working again is drop out all together, again this only happens in R3E, feel my pain Devs..:(

3. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Another thing I've noticed about the problem is, just being in the game is when you see the messages 'device disconnected/device connected'..but the only times I seem to actually get it to effect the hardware ie V3's if I'm doing a race with practice and quali sessions SP or MP and it normally disconnects the pedals as such always in qualifying.

4. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Check if there is no dust between the magnetic sensor

5. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I also get these messages “connected disconnected “ also when I delete my control profile and start again it doesn’t always recognise my csp v3’s.
    But it always recognised my csw v2 instantly without button press.
    I’ve not had the throttle drop out that I’ve noticed though.

I’ll try to make a video later

6. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh its not a hardware problem man, it's already been acknowledged as a R3E problem..Though it would be nice to here something as this has been going on for quite awhile now, since they released a CSW 2.5 profile actually, it was fine before that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Maybe as it seems the default profile for the CSW 2.5 doesn't show the V3's as always not connected then a separate profile needs to be created for the V3's when there running on a USB and not connected to the base..just a thought.

8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Did you already try to delete your controlset and create a new one? (\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet). (it looks stupid, but it just because you say that it happened since the CSW V2.5 profile was released and it looks like you're certain that it isn't a hardware problem)

I don't understand it. Are you pedals connected to the wheel base or directly connected to an USB port?

9. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    @Karting06 its not a hardware problem mate it happens to me too all the time.

As soon as you come out of driving you start to get messages telling you connect/disconnect in the middle of the screen and up top of the screen it tells you new controller and the short cut to options appears,you click it ,it takes you to options but there is no new controller as the pedals have briefly disconnected then reconnected.
    The pedals are connected by USB to the pc direct.
    No matter how many times you redo the profile this always happens.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yes trust me when I have tried every route, deleted/created/customised this is not a hardware problem, have you read the other page? even then there are alot more people suffering with this problem, also S3 have already confirmed it's their end, also if it was hardware it wouldn't be R3E related only..Also just incase, I'm no novice..

Maybe if the Devs just quickly wrote here we are dealing with it we wouldn't get asked stupid question.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    ive had disconnecting pedals and heres what i did to fix /one i had a while ago , as we update the fanatec stuff sometimes it leaves , double and triple etc entries in the registry , fire up regedit and check it.....it wouldnt hurt to uninstal all the fanatec drivers then delete all of the registry entries then reinstal .... then usb /usb connection for the pedal ; make a controlset , then the same with pedals attatched to the base (i only use usb connection )
    After that sometimes there is a loose connection going to the main board in the pedals , check them as that also can happen

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    The thing is Andi, this is a totally new install of OS and Raceroom, 1 week old now, which didn't make a blind bit of difference, so there is no need for uninstall Fanatec drivers again, have checked cables and all is fine, but as I have said before this only Raceroom related..also again as stated the actual disconnects are not fully, it just limits how much of the throttle you can use and changes the axis of the pedals, also I have had the Fanatec software showing on another screen which shows the pedals calibrated correctly, but the game is doing the opposite, straight after the semi disconnect if you look at the profile for the pedal the axis have changed..(this is like a customer service phone call, they look at the customer having the fault not their product) something since the Devs integrated the CWS 2.5 profile has caused the problem, and that profile is constantly showing the V3's as not connected even if you have custom profiles which show they are, what is so hard to understand here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Clutching at straws here, have you tried at stock clocks, you and the people in the other thread that listed specs have an oc`ed cpu, this can have an effect, probably isnt it but games are also effected by the oc especially if it worked before the update and now is playing up.
    Try using the Fana v2 profile you have to edit a couple of lines in it change device id to the v2.5 id plus another im not sure which off the top of my head, slightly different hardware i know, but it wont damage anything and may give you a break to play.

14. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Already tried, even with the edited V2 profile it still has the same effect, and again this happens at specific points within the game over and over again, this is not random.

15. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Ok so the fix for now is to connect the V3's through the base, and in the default 2.5 profile change 'device connected from 2 to 1' then all is ok, apart from I prefer the calibration for the brake better when it's plugged through the USB, and before anyone asks no the USB on the PC is fine, tested all of them out and still had the same problem, disconnected all other extra hardware using USB as well, the problem still occurred, and no I don't use a USB hub..so for me the conclusion is that Raceroom+CSW 2.5+V3's plus default profile doesn't like the two items connected separately via USB (which it was fine with before S3 created the profile for the 2.5 base} it would be nice to get back to plugging in again to USB, so hopefully they will suss out why it's not liked and why changing session using that method causes even more of a problem.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Nothing to do with oc, as I run stock clocks all round, It's not happened to me for over a week and when it did happen I dropped out of RR and back in and all was well, that is not to say it's not bloody annoying when you're cracking a great quali lap only to find you have no brakes at the end of the back straight. Hoping for some sort of fix in the next update (be nice to know Robert Holm, tough luck but you're the only soul online right now) so will temper my displeasure until then.

* The so called workaround doesn't help people using a wheelbase from a different manufacturer, as I am.

17. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Personally I don't use FANATEC device and I also disconnections of my peripherals without disturbances during a race! only popups line (up to 6) at the top when returning to the menu first page, I click on the popups and everything disappears, strange

it seems that the disconnections are not real, in my case.
    Check done at the same time under windows and no real disconnections.
    Note that this problem appeared after the update X64.

too many devices ??

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  18. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    same problems. i subscribe each word. and i don't have the base, so i can connect only usb.

@J-F Chardon

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mario R.

Mario R. Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    i'am using T300 and CSP V3 connected via USB and i do have no Problems with disconnects.
    all components with the latest Firmware, Win10-1709 64bit,

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, youm the lucky one, it's so sporadic for me it's nowhere near a game breaker, just a barnacle on my ass, whilst sliding down the Bannister of life!