Released Road America

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jan 23, 2018.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I wish I could already drive on this track but I have to wait for my new mainboard and DHL somehow has a huge delay currently. I wish I had gone for UPS delivery.

2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I'm losing a full second a lap on that long right hander but i'm faster than the AI in every other part of the track (106%)..

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do setup-wise to get through that corner as quick as AI? It's really making racing there boring.. Fighting to get close to a car and seeing it disappear in the distance and getting overtaken by 2 in the span of one corner, only to take back one position the next heavy braking zone and the other in T1.

I've tried different lines but my car just understeers like crazy. (P2, GTR3, Group5 i've tried, same corner same results..)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    @jimortality do you disagree with my observation of struggling to keep up with the ai on carousel?.. . Do you not see it too? It's been mentioned in the above post too. I've got better tbh practicing online last night but the ai do seem very fast on this corner... Gotta say though in the new calloway corvette I was a lot faster than in the porsche on that corner

4. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Try to lower rearwing for one or two clicks to decrease understear.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My best birthday present. Thanks Sector3, two of my three desired circuits are already in RaceRoom (Imola and Road America), I hope many more arrive and I will buy them instantly :)

The circuit is fantastic with a great level of detail. Just a little observation, is it me or the AI is too fast?

6. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I think the overall speed in the carousel is too quick as with the Formula US I am flat out and in top gear by the end. IRL car with Tony Kanaan from last year he enters the carousel around 118 mph and exits around 135 and goes up two gears before the kink at 175 mph.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Another top job by the track creators. This really is an impressively detailed recreation of a wonderful circuit

I love these traditional circuits like Road America. More please.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I found that taking a mid-engined car like the McLaren or Audio made the carousel a bit easier to manage. That's a great thing, because the McLaren cockpit is AMAZING in VR :p

The real question is: Which circuit is your 3rd then? :D

9. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Well my third circuit is Mugello, and although it is a circuit that I love, I think that right now I would like more if Watkins Glen, Sebring or VIR arrived.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I'll do a full review on my website next week, but as a guy who lives 40 minutes from Road America and has been going there since before I was born, the model is fantastic. The circuit and elevation is really well represented and the surrounding art is pretty much spot on. The track facility has gone through a TON of changes and you guys did a great job. Thanks for getting this in the game.

• Like Like x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Do take into account that RA is a pretty low downforce track and his setup is likely vastly different from our default setup.

Watching an onboard of his from this past June, I take the turn going the same speeds as him and hit 280kmh before the kink. The gears are also similar since the default is a bit short for RA in RR.

Other than that, do take into account that we dont have an Indy car. We have a fictional car that doesnt perfectly represent any real world car ;)

That said, Im not saying things are perfect or that you are wrong. In my quick check things were close enough upon first look.

12. FJ44

FJ44 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks sector3 for the beautiful Track:hearteyes:! The track is almost full throttle with the FR US, unbelievable, super fun!:grin: after a few laps already high 1.39 ... and I think the reason is that the original against to the virtual is not so bumpy (see onboards of the indycars)
    But nice Job! Take my vRP :sweatsmile:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  13. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Same thing happens to me on the long right hander on the Lausitzring. It´s frustrating. Seems like the AI is too fast in wide curves in general. On Adaptive AI I manage to reach P8 in QF but only because the AI is very, very, very slow in T1. Not really nice balanced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh the AI on most tracks seem to have the same ability, which is as they approach the corner they slightly brake to early, but as soon as they start to make a turn they seem to be able to floor it and hold a decent line, the carousel is a very good example of this, but it pretty much happens on most corners on most tracks, there is no progression out of the corner relating to speed.

15. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Don’t know if it has been mentioned already but in a quick race with the Group 5 cars I noticed that the Corvette in front of me was always too fast in the Kink and ran too wide into the grass on the left side. I can’t remember if other cars/classes had this problem also. I’m on Get Real and have the AI set to adaptive.

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Anderstorp being another example.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Great addition! Very nice layout imo and somehow it asks to be driven with the GTO/Group 5 cars which are just amazing.. But it suits a lot of cars so thanks!
    And in all honesty, already looking forward to what's next.. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  18. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Please Sector3 fix the AI in this circuit, in Carousel the cars pass to me as if they were fighters ...

I also agree with what other users have said, in general this type of wide curves takes the AI too fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. dante3003

dante3003 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Very nice track! I was confused at first because I thought it would mainly go through woods...until I realized I turned the track details to minimal (not running a fast system here) and bringing it to medium brought the trees back :)

20. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    nice track but... no bumps... did you forget the physics mesh?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1