Resolved latest patch (road america) 64 bit wont start

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by SunnySunday, Feb 3, 2018.

1. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Win 10, gtx 1070, i5 4690, 8 gb ram. Raceroom crashes on launch without any dump file. 32bit works just fine. I'm not too concerned about it since 32 bit works just fine for me since I don't run massive grids but just figured it be worth mentioning. Anyone else having issues?

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
  3. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yes I have

4. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Has it worked before on 64 bit?

5. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yes worked fine until latest patch. No other changes made to my PC.

6. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    The only other thing that I can think to try (i am not at all techy) is to delete the RRRE.exe from your raceroom racing experience in steam.
    I had to do that the other day to force the latest update to download.
    I must admit it may not work.
    If you do decide to try it, once it is deleted go and veriyf game files again.

7. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue. crashes during startup in 64 bit. seems to run in 32 bit. I can scroll through all the menu's. even loaded the store and purchased road america. but click on the race button it acts like it's loading. I sat here for 20 minutes waiting for the race to load on three different tracks and never loaded. I had to go to task manager to kill the game every time.

edit: Ok never mind. I did a file validation and 12 files had to be reacquired. Problem solved

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  8. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    did not work unfortunately, thanks anyway

9. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Which Windows build are you on, 1709, the latest one? That one seems pretty unstable, loads of reports about random OS freezes and other issues.
    Yes, you can try, but, you know, it's Windows so it might work. ;)

Method 1:

• Right-click the Windows icon (lower left) and from the list select command prompt (Admin mode). If that option ain't in there, type command prompt in the start menu, right click the search result and select run as admin.
    • Type or paste sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and the "/") and hit enter. Wait for it to do its thing.

Method 2:

• Same as before: Right-click the Windows icon (lower left) and select command prompt (Admin mode). If that option ain't in there, type command prompt in the start menu, right click the search result and select run as admin.
    • Type or paste dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (again, mind the space between the switches (/)) and hit enter. Wait for it to do its thing.
    If it finds corrupted files it should reinstall them and reboot automatically.
    Good luck.

Additionally, you should make sure that Windows and all drivers are up-to-date and that Windows' driver management is disabled.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  11. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I had to do a reinstall of windows but I could keep all files at least. 64bit now works.

• Like Like x 1