Question Turning off HUD completely

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by .OG Isaac, Dec 28, 2017.

1. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

For immersion in VR I turn off my HUD completely and use the car's built-in information screen, whether it's on the wheel or somewhere in the car to check for times, temperatures, fuell etc.

I've lately been driving cars with a Push-to-Pass system (like the Formula Raceroom US / "IndyCar") and the cars with this system have a way of showing you how much P2P's you have left on their info screens. However, even if I turn off all HUD settings, I still see the ammount of push-to-passes as a HUD popup in VR. I can't turn them off and they stick in the middle of my view for a good 20 seconds or so.

Any way to completely turn off all hud popups (except flags maybe)? The DRS/P2P setting isn't in the HUD settings menu :/

I'd show a screenshot of the problem but I can't manage to save a screenshot when in VR.

2. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    maybe disable "incrustation"

3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    This options are already available in the game menus (even from the race lobby), that's why I actually didn't implemented them in the HUD application.

4. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Just saying that you don't need to edit a xml file that requests to close the game before, when you can change it from the game itself while playing.
    Options > HUD Settings > the 2 first items in the list.

5. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    How do I disable the "drivers positions when I pass the start/finish line" in races.
    It pop up on the left side of the screen (for me left side of the A-pillar) it destroys visibility to see the Apex and Exit?

Inside the red rectangle names and position but only in races!
    Driver info.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    You have to "disable all HUD overlays" (I don't remember exactly the option name). You'll lose some HUD you may want, like your last lap time and the gap compared to the best one at check points.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    But then you get no penaltie warnings anymore, or am I wrong?

8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    You're wrong