Released Road America

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jan 23, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Is this true? I'll wait for updates to address this then I guess.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    No, that's not really true. Bumps arent missing as a whole from the track.

It largely comes down to FFB settings and preference.

Some of the earliest tracks in RR had a tendency to exaggerate the bumps to work in-line with the car physics of the time. It made the cars more 'fun' to drive, while not exactly being realistic.

I've used a G27 and now a TS-PC on this track with vastly different FFB settings and it feels great in both scenarios.

It's also one of the most beautiful tracks in RR in my opinion. The effort put into it by the track team, namely @Wojtek Kedzierski is remarkable. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    If you compare this to the iRacing track (which where laser scanned) or the old layout (which is OLD) I don't know if the R3E modellers have done it true with the tracks all new tarmac and run off's. I will await some more insight and detailed reviews from people who know the track irl :cool:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What does that mean ? That you'll buy it only if you got that "expert" feedback ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hammerark

Hammerark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Feels just right to me, no complaints about the bumps at all. Like has been mentioned it may be down to specific wheel settings.

6. Jorgen Wahlby

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Hehehe o_O
    I will buy it anyway, but It's always nice to hear from those that actually know anything about the track differences (old compared to the new) and can compare the real one to the one in R3E. I have no opinion at all on it but would be nice if it is modeled in R3E with the new updates to the tarmac, runoffs and other changes to elevation that's been done the last couple of years to the real one... don't you think so :cool:

7. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The r3e tracks are excellent, I would only add the feel more bumps, the clearest example is in the karussell of nordschleife, perfectly recreated in rf2, and very flat in r3e, although imo the nordschleife version in raceroom is the best all the simulators

• Like Like x 1
  8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Simply ? No :)
    I know that track quiet well from Mods & Conversions for GTR2 and such that time and agree with most guys here about how beautiful the R3E release has become. I also agree to more refinement regarding AI performance and track surface and belong to the group of guys who's happy with what he's got so far, doesn't compare that much (cause I'm happy) and generally don't feel the compulsion to rush after every hype, trend or what others might declare as "hip", "must have" or "cutting edge"...
    so again :
    No, not neccessarily..;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I believe the iRacing version is very outdated, so correct me if I'm wrong there. What Sector3 did with the track in its current state is amazing. In real life the track has done massive upgrades to the circuit in many areas and this is extremely well represented in RR. There's really no complaint that can be made for the track

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jorgen Wahlby

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the insight nasportscar ;) I don't mind old tracks like Silverstone in iRacing (being the old layout and all) but If we have a track never released in a game/sim I prefer it to be up to date with the IRL one and I guess S3S have done just that :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  11. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    The track is wonderfull the best I have ever see this version. And with quick cars is al lot of fun!!
    thanks sector 3 for this track..

Very very impressed!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Btw. Viewing this onboard (Macau by example) I have to agree that Sector 3 could implement more bumpiness into their tracks generally.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Holy shit that's bumpy.

14. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    U can always add more cockpit shake (camera)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    How you do this?

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    in the secondary controller options you can assign buttons for cockpit camera shake. I think it's default assignment is Q and W? You can adjust it on the fly while driving.

• Like Like x 1
  17. muzikant

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "sbtm, bericht: 144320, member: 6398"] in de opties van de secundaire controller kunt u knoppen toewijzen voor schudden van de cockpitcamera. Ik denk dat het standaard toewijzing is Q en W? Je kunt het tijdens het rijden tijdens het rijden aanpassen. [/ QUOTE]
    Thanks for your quick help sbtm! Very nice

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    never knew i can write in dutch language :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. lucaf9397

lucaf9397 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this amazing track :cool::cool:. So happy to have another "real" race track, compensating those ugly modern mickey mouse creations that try to be race tracks but are in fact just a bunch of chicanes and tight corners for hosting formula one cars IRL :mad::D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    ... a lot of Tilke and Co. fans here. Isn't it? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1