prediccted Fuel Consumption GTR3 Amg on EuroSpeedway Lausitzring GP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mario R., Feb 9, 2018.

1. Mario R.

Mario R. Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    hi guys
    we had have a race tonight and i think the predicted fuel consumption for the Mercedes AMG GTR3 on Eurospeedway Lausitzring GP is wrong.

RRE means that I need 42 ltr for 18 laps.
    Maybe ist the consumption for the older GP track?

Cheers
    Mario

2. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Fuel consumption is never even close in RRE. Just put in 10 liters and drive 5 laps, then do the math on a calculator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    You need to make at least 4-5 laps with about the same lap times (within 0,5s) to get a correct reading. The game/sim then adds ~2 laps extra for safety. (Outlap and +1 extra at the end) This is the simple way to make the calculation fuel/lap I guess.

4. Mario R.

Mario R. Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    you're absolutely right and i know to calculate my consumtion, but imagine entering a loby that is still 5 minutes in qualifying...
    and I think the calculation is based on the old Lausitzring GP (before the Jan. Update)

• Like Like x 2
  5. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

I've been told this before.. I find it vastly untrue.. about 40-45% to be exact. I can do 8-10 laps within 0.3 seconds of each other and the fuel estimate is usually off by more than 40% on all GT3 cars. For some reason crew chief app gets it very close within 3 laps (or 2 solid laps). Sadly Racerooms calculations get a grade D in 4th grade math class.

I do a crew chief request on fuel after 2 laps and then calculate the gallons based on 10 laps. Then reduce/add based on race laps or time to complete laps.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    He is talking about the fuel estimation on the dashboard inside the car. The estimation in the setup menu is not updated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Apologies, understand now. I’m in vr and those smaller numbers on the motec are not legible from the seat, so I’ve never even noticed. Regardless, apologies - it’s a weird sore spot for me, due to the setup screen being so incorrect - popping into a qualifying session late and taking on way too much fuel and ruining my race.