The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Blancpain GT series Website
    From sprint races to endurance contests, players will be able to get behind the wheel of GT cars from all manufacturers represented in the 2018 Blancpain GT Series season, with each reproduced to an outstanding level of detail.

Sold! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Volvo ocean race, featuring... Boats! And no Volvos!

3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I’m relieved, that at last one developer takes care of GT3 cars... it was about time!

...but seriously, this series is all about 18 GT3 cars and 10 tracks (2017)? That’s it? I don’t know Blancpain that well, is there something else than that?

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I don't know why everyone thinks it will only contain the Blanpain series. Remember how Race 07 was marketed as "the official WTCC game", but eventually it got way more than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I mean even if it is, I've been wanting a complete Blancpain GT game for years now, so I'll be happy. We've been due a focused game that isn't from Codies for a long while now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. svaty

svaty Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I suppose the lack of information about the GTR3 development progress is strongly correlated with the today's announcement.
    Am I right thinking that the video suggests a possibility to swap drivers in ACC?

7. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I think its more than a possibility !

The Blancpain GT Series is set to join the fast-growing world of sim racing with the release of its first official game, Assetto Corsa Competizione, which will give players an opportunity to experience the unique thrill of high-speed GT3 competition.
    Produced by Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games, Assetto Corsa Competizione will set the standard in driving realism with the highest quality graphics and photo-realistic weather conditions.
    From sprint races to endurance contests, players will be able to get behind the wheel of GT cars from all manufacturers represented in the 2018 Blancpain GT Series season, with each reproduced to an outstanding level of detail.
    There will also be the opportunity to compete in different moments of the iconic Total 24 Hours of Spa, with a dynamic weather system recreating the famously unpredictable climate at the Ardennes track
    Laser scan technology will ensure that every circuit and car is recreated with the highest level of precision, with the smallest details perfectly matching the real world, while multi-channel audio sampling of actual GT cars will place players at trackside.

What’s more, motion capture technology will re-create the movements of mechanics and drivers in an even more realistic fashion and guarantee a high level of player engagement during races, pit stops and driver changes.
    For online play, a highly intelligent ranking system will evaluate individual performance and driving behaviour to reward the most skilled competitors and promote fairness. Efficient matchmaking functions will ensure players compete with opponents of similar skill level and can easily find and join races online.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    now some serious competition to raceroom and probably gtr3 (if we ever get some info...).. and I mean like serious serious... concentrating on the essence of racing, no left or right, just straight and pure GT racing.... let's just hope they fuck up the sounds :-D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile at Simbin UK Headquarters

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy, can't wait for the shitty browser, Flash-like menus and lack of basic game features in the name of simulation. I'd give Kunos 10 years and they'd still fail to make something that even resembles a proper title.
    "But muh simulaziones!!!!" "Look at the suspension travel *jizzes all over the H-pattern*"

On another note, more missed opportunity for S3 and Simbin (does that UK studio even exist LOL). Where's that ranked online anyway? Will it come before all of this dies?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I didn't read exclusive rights to blacpain so hopefully gtr3 will still be able to use the license

12. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Great news, the more competition the better for us :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Ok great. I think i will take a look at that. But im not that hyped. AC was nice to drive, but lifeless, AI was horrible. And in the end the only fun i had was driving Transfagrasan up and down in all the different cars. If they get ACC right, if they get some life in the tracks, the ai and most of all the sound (was cruel in AC) then i would be happy

14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    ... and the next "GTR3" not "R3E" competitor ... mhhh. The Unreal 4 engine looks nice ... Ok, there is still a lot of work for the Sector 3 team ...

The laser scanning technics is just an absolute must for a racing sim nowadays. That's why I hope Sector 3 will change their working method in the track development department as soon as possible! IRacing (all), PCars2 (a lot of), AC + AC Competizione (all) = laser scanned tracks | And R3E??? Only 1x track part ... mhhh. It's time for:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I am so excited for this - not going to lie, it feels like the spiritual successor to GTR2 so far.

If they improve the sounds, presentation and environments I'll be all over this. AC and PCARS have always frustrated me by trying to be a jack of all trades (including everything from 50s GP to hot hatches to GTs) and having to compromise a little to get their AI and ruleset to work with all - I can't wait to see what Kunos can do with a focus on a specific car class.

Only hope it's either moddable or they plan to expand to include other SRO series'.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    88.2% of driving game players wouldn't know if a track was laser scanned or not. If Sector 3 had claimed that the RaceRoom Circuit was scanned, there would still be people arguing over where it is.
    Hard to argue with the Scorpions, but I still prefer U.F.O. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The only thing I really need to get in one way or any other, via the first DLC or as default content, is the Nordschleife. After all, the Nord is the track I spend more than 50% of my driving time on.

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This seems like Kunos has 'mostly' addressed nearly every major criticism that AC has faced over the years.

Night racing, rain, mocapped animations, ranked MP, leaderboards, all laser scanned tracks, and of course... a fully licensed series of focused content.

I recall seeing a lot of criticism and having plenty of my own that most classes in AC are just 1 or 2 cars... that arent even balanced all that well. So to have a focused game on one of the biggest international series is pretty cool.

Pretty funny browsing the net seeing numpties level a ton of anger and nasty words because, "why arent you going to include what I want to drive!?" when games like GTR2 are praised so highly for their focus and presentation. It's been just about a decade since the last focused game released, so we are long overdue here.

Hopefully the game isnt solely Blancpain though... as 15 gt3 cars on a handful of tracks might feel a bit stale after a while. Keep the game as modding friendly, and that will be a big boon for the game.

Well, who really knows. But recently released cars in a variety of sims have been without Blancpain branding on them, so...

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Except if they regularly go to the track and drive in it and then puke all over the digital representation like some in PCARS2 , thankfully Sector 3 even though not using LS in all the tracks manages to put out some really high quality ones that dont stay far off from the real deal ....

But yeah its a thing

20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    To be honest - it's a bit funny to see that AC is using Unreal Engine 4 now. Not a few couldn't understand why Simbin and Sector3 were investigating that engine as they claimed that a more specific Engine would be better for a proper race-sim - and as an example Assetto Corsa was named... and now AC did it...

Well it definitely a surprise what AC has announced there with the Official Blancpain-Game - not sure if the suprise in the background is that big, as you all noticed that the Blancpain-logos are missing on the newer liveries...

Most of the first screenshots look very good... but I'll definitely need to see whats coming next. That Brands Hatch-Screenshot as the only one in which shader and lightning-effects aren't in focus, is not the best - the Unreal Engine could do more - but at least it shows puddles... I guess and hope it's still in an early stage.

IMO @Dookie from Abgefahren named it pretty good as AC Competizione looks like a bridge-version between AC and AC2. As I read the announcement, something like GT Prologue came in my mind, too. So a Version with reduced content that spoiles the technologie of the next Major release... For sure, in that case it has a bit more charme as it features a complete Series, but I wouldn't wonder when AC2 would be announced a year later...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1