AI regarding single player CC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stef van Remy, Jan 7, 2018.

1. dante3003

dante3003 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Now that the AI is patched (THX A LOT SECTOR3) how does it affect the championships? I only had little time by now so I couldn't really see it for myself now.

2. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will set up a championship with the same grid and same tracks for GT3 as I have done some days ago. This will last about 2 weeks to collect the data. I will collect all quali times on 108 % and best lap times for every car during the race.

Only thing which seems to have not changed so far is the balance of cars in single player championship. I did one test right after the last update and the AMGs / McLarens still did end up last.

What I really like and what is working so far for GT3 and DTM92...cars do not run a full practice session any more. They are pitting time by time with different amount of fuel. Feels like a real p session now. Very well done as far as I could analyze !

Bra jobb S3 ! :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And again...just one little thing...;)

On Oschersleben with DTM92 the drivers became SLOWER in quali than in practice...you can see the diff in quali times compared to 2 other tracks. I think my skills are more or less the same regarding these tracks...its the first time ever in my life I do sim racing with h-pattern so be mercifully because of lap times :D

DTM92.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Made a mistake...not Nürburgring Short...it was the Sprint layout.

I can tell everybody that DTM92 was the best experience I had so far with R3E...maybe the best one ever in my gaming life.

No major probs besides some little (not really harming the exp. that much) ones.

Best thing was in comparison with GT3 that the times of p q and race session where almost superb balanced. If having the pace in p session I was ALWAYS able to keep up in quali. Race speed of AI was also very well balanced regarding the p and q session. WONDERFUL !!!

Will be hard to going back to GT3....

5. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So here we are...I did stop running a GT3 CS...will not do this again.

Still McLaren and the AMG are crap. And still the quali times are much to fast compared to p and r session. I give up...as I know that for DTM92 the lap times in every session do fit together I will race DTM92 only until things regarding GT3 single player CS are maybe sorted out...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Punisher

Punisher New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yea, it is really shame that AMG is at the bottom of the table.
    I'm running CS with 36 cars, AMG drivers haven't scored any points so far ( 14 races on 7 tracks), I have seen one Mclaren in the top ten once.
    It's mostly Porches and Audis, glad to see that BMW is doing well at least on some tracks.
    Also Smith and Primat on their Bentleys are doing good job occasionally.

The biggest problem also for me is the fact that AI quali lap times are sooooo much faster than the race lap times.

Still enjoying the GT3 very much!
    But I definitely want to try CS with DTM '92!

7. Glygoo

Glygoo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Where did you get the results chart from? Did you make it yourself? Can I have a copy? Thanks.

8. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heyho, jep done by myself...what would you need ? Blank copy of spreadsheet ? Are you able to edit by yourself ? If not tell me what you need concerning amount of drives/cars or/and tracks...

I will protect formulas to prevent accidently damage.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @devs : you NEED / MUST drop down quali lap times for GT3 cars by 2 (!!!) sec almost to make them matching p and r session.

Believe me, do so and everything will be fine. :D;)

10. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here we are...this is a sheet for all drivers of DTM92 with 10 tracks...password for opening and protection is 123.
    Download it and rename the appendix to .xlsx

Attached Files:

11. Glygoo

Glygoo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, if you can send me a blank sheet that would be great. I can edit to put my own data in. Thanks a lot.

12. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And here we are again...with data of DTM92....the best experience within R3E which I am for 100% for sure.

My very first season and my first time ever in my life I was using h-pattern...now I know why DTM cars in our days are called playstation cars.

Here the results of the first season. I know my times are still crap...but wait for second season. Maybe it is useful for someone for having some data with laptimes.

DTM92S1a.PNG DTM92S1b.PNG DTM92S1c.PNG DTM92S1d.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh...second season already running and close to be finished...and yes I am doing nothing else these days in my spare time than racing...I am thinking about going to the police because I was transformed into an R3E junkie ! Since the last update I have completed more than 100 races against AI with GT3 and DTM92...

PARENTAL ADVISORY !
    THIS SIM IS DANGEROUS !

So here we are for the second season. I did go up to 110% which still seems to be not hard enough after I realized I have already improved my "skills" with those cars.

DTM92S2a.PNG DTM92S2b.PNG DTM92S2c.PNG

Have a look on the data and make yourself a picture. Oschersleben and Lausitz are not well balanced as the AI is far to slow. I am not that good driver for making them looking that silly (phrase of Jim of crew chief...I wouldn´t use such words for my opponents ;):D)...

After finishing this CS I have already planned the next project...DTM92 WORLDTOUR...Bathurst, Macau (I love this) and so on. I want to collect more data regarding laptimes during each session.

I wanted to build a tool for reading the resultsfile but as I am running double race sessions this file is not working properly...makes now some more work as expected. But hey if there is a hill no matter how high...just climb it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    The AI isn't particularly keen on tight chicanes and hairpins. You'd see the exact same thing at e.g. Norisring.
    At Nürburgring you can pretty much always out-brake the AI coming into T1 on the final chicane.
    Same goes for Eau Rouge for that matter, and my guess is that you'll also see it at Macau.
    Just one of those things you learn to live with.

The funny thing is that it seems to be universal across the sims, to some extent or another.
    Not exactly sure why this is. Maybe it's hard teaching the AI to find direction-changes over 90 degrees.
    Not a coder, so I'm happily clueless. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jep...I am aware of these little probs concerning the AI and hairpins ... on some tracks I implemented kinda yellow flag in my mind for not overtaking at specific points on track. For Macau the devs changed the "rules" for the hairpin some time ago. Now it is always a yellow flag zone as was not as I started R3E for the first time. Like this !!

So I am sure you are right regarding Lausitz for ex as there are some tight corners also this goes into account for Oschersleben for the first chicane and first corner.

But overall I am very impressed by the overall performance of the AI. S3 did a very great job on this subject so far. This is by the way the main reason besides of creating customized cs for me to run R3E.

16. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DTM92 WORLDTOUR ... yeah already started and after first race stopped .... I like the reason for the stop !

I did chose 16 tracks all over the world with one race only no double sessions for this season. 50 Min race time with mandatory stop (not time based, so in and out). 112 % AI level.

First race took place in Bathurst (one of my absolue favs). I did end up 17th in quali because there was always an idiot ähm opponent killing my fast lap....hate this but hey thats life :D ... in p session I was first with - 0,015 seconds. Time was about 2.12.XXX...in p session...in quali the first 6 pos did run a 2.11.XXX...

So why I stopped ? After the mandatory stop (was 8th at this time) which I did as last one of the grid I ended up in first pos with more than 20 seconds up. Sure I finished the race...nice easy win...I already knew what was going on and checked the replay after the race. The AI refuled (!!!) ... about 50-55 litres. So I asmue this is going to take place for each race regarding DTM92 for races from 50 min at last. I like this very much also I need to restart my cs. But before I will have to do some tests on other tracks like Spa and Macau for ex.

So stay tuned for more info...:D

17. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I find tapping the rear quarter panel as they go into a corner learns em real good. :innocent:

I applaud that. It certainly keeps me 'in the experience' better than overtaking and having some tiny pin-prick of conscience telling me that I cheated. Winning against AI is irrelevant to me; I want to race them.
    And after about 8 months of absence from the sim, I come back to find the AI is even better than before (where better = more aware, not faster, god forbid!)
    It still seems too random with how fast particular car/track combinations are compared to me, but as ComfortablyNumb says :
    OK, complete misquote and out of context, but I think the comment is true of so many things simulator related.

Of course, it could just be me being too random with how fast particular car/track combinations are compared to the AI. I think it's too close to call.

18. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well in hairpins I am refeshing myself by going to the toilet and/or having one or two drinks...:D...plenty of time...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that for 50 min race time with mandatory stop the Ai refuels 50 litres ! With a second test at Macau I could verify this. Superb !

20. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is it !

Bye-bye customized championship...rest in peace.

On the third track (Sepang) some did refuel some not...in a race of 50 min length. This is nonsense...even I could not see that the AI cars refuling had an advantge in the race before the pitstop due to less weight.

So I am done with CS with R3E. All hope is gone again like it was for the last 20 years. No offline experience worth playing it expect you do not care for qualifying and races longer than 20-40 minutes.

Nevertheless I bow my head for all the cool experience I had provided by Sector 3 until the truth came through ;).

So no more input and or facts about customized championships from me any more (sure some are happy about ;)
    :p:D).