Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Got it working but why not code the SRS exe into the game like AC does, so much easier to get online

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hello, i am not good in computer things, so this register is not easy for me, especialy english is not my best language.

i did register, then i did get a email, then i did click the link in email from SRS, then i was registered and i did copy my raceroom username (which is under kontosettings?, then the 2nd line , the name which is not changeable)
    but if i click on any pages in SRS like race, i always get the message....

You do not have permission to access this page, only users with valid accounts can access this content

what must i do now? and i did read something with download a raceroom app?

looks like i am little lost in this SRS system.....

thanks for help
    servus

edit...i did found download for raceroom app, but here i get same message with ....you do not have permission.....
    and then comes any lines...one of them is to request a activation code, so is this activation code same as i got in email, and if so, where must i write in this activation code? as i had not make this activation code actual, as i only did click the first line in my email i got from SRS and then i was registered...??

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know the accounts on SRS are monitored by the admins of the page, so they have to activate your account manually, which can take some time. Within a couple hours after registration that should be done with and you should be able to access the webpage as well as the app.

4. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    thanks christian for information, sure this is the problem, i did not know this, i was thinking after i am registered (afte email link click) i am ready to race.

servus

• Like Like x 1
  5. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i had the -vr monitor command copied to srs profile but couldn't connect but when i took the monitor out from both steam and srs that seemed to do the trick and i got into the next race. thanks for reply XXVI Sol. thisreally makes raceroom far more interesting

• Like Like x 1
  6. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Just had my first race with SRS (Audi TT at Hockenheim). The app was a but awkward and slow at first, but then everything went fine and I had one of my most enjoyable online races :D Great addition!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    not working again. getting a server connection refused! WTF?

8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    same here

9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a stupid question but why is SRS not put on the page in the game by itself.
    For example, when ik go to the site of competitions and get there a choise to click on the SRS button to go to the agenda from SRS for races.

10. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree surely they can make this a bit less complicated, i have gotten in to 1 race out of 4 today and have no idea why i couldn't get in to the others

11. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    upload_2018-2-25_19-55-45.png

In terms of players it overtake the AC servers :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well the In APP doesnt exist because it wasnt the same platform as AC as, so they had to do it like this.
    I am having also dificultys in entering the races, the last one i thing was general to everyone, no response from server.
    It had 50 players registered...i think it crashed the servers LOL ....i dont know..... i to want to have a race, but problems are persisting.
    But its only the FIRST day of it, have to be patient for the things be put in place....

13. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I've just got a race with de audi.
    I did'nt change anything with setting or something.
    So i think that the system is not running well for 100 %
    I will see what this week brings.

14. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I did that race too, but maybe on the split 1 server....it crashed for everyone at 4 minutes to the end. You can see it on the George Ortner Stream..... till then the race went smooth with no problems....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just finish my first race, with the F4....very nice race, fair play from all. Nice.

16. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    The same reason you can't open any other website in-game. Srs is managed by a 3rd party.

17. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Entered 1st race this morning Audi TT in VR (Rift). Everything worked great! No hangups or disconnects. 14 Drivers in all I believe. Excellent racing.:)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I got some problems to join races and I wonder if it’s because of the „-vr“ command. I have set it in the SRS app and within the Steam start options. Should I remove it from Steam?

19. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    It appears that having them in steam & SRS is causing an issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, so I will try it without the Steam start option.