What a joke!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Huhtala Racing, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Huhtala Racing

Huhtala Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What a joke, how is this even possible. In Stowe Long Circuit, i leaded whole race and guy who started from second grid finally dropped to third position. Maybe he was frustrated, but he was cutting last corners of the lap(before mainstraight), and gained 20s gap with these shortcuts(and didnt even get penalty) and was finally puplished as a winner of the race...... [​IMG]:) Haha, true simulator....WHAT A JOKE.....

• Disagree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    If this was a online race, the server host who set it up more than likely had penalties turned off, have a moan at him..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Maybe more constructive input is required! eg, race format whether it be novice, amateur or get real, were flag rules on or off ? we’re there cut rules or slow down penalties applied, Rather than just supplying a random comment.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Huhtala Racing

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Dont know exact info about the rules, i was just driving there and expected that these things are not possible without penalty. And i carry on my driving and thought that it will be penaliced in final results. But thanks for the answers. In my opinion, whatever skill level is it, these things should not be possible... i say it a joke, if you dont have to honor the track.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    The game is designed to suit different skill levels , Get real mode might be your level of choice, Give that a go :D And find a server that has all flag and penalties enabled, information is located to the right in multi player after clicking on server of your choice, enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Huhtala Racing

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, looking fare races where you can see how bad you are as a driver :) ....not those races where only point is wrecking and ruining others laps. And yes, tested and drived mostly with "get real" mode and i can only say i admire how fast guys are, just great.

7. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Huhtala Racing

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    And about this shortcutting issue, this driver made it possible to leave one whole curve away from his lap. So, he drived last corner like STOWE SHORT, even we were at STOWE LONG. Even the rules were what ever, how is it possible that this sim allows such a shortcuts. I think that this hasnt got to do anything with the rules what are turned on. So, if we are at STOWE LONG, and you can drive last curves like STOWE SHORT, something aint right?

9. Huhtala Racing

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So, meaning that every track/circuit should have its own "track boundaries" defined. And these line boundaries are allways the same, no matter what rules are turned on.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    It's just a game in the end... relax. What have you lost for him cutting the track? You brought dishonour to your family?

Qapla'

• Like Like x 2
  11. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    So you are basically asking for walls guarding the white lines? What a nonsense. Next time you race just check you are on a server with cut rules enabled and you will not face these "problems".

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Huhtala Racing

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Relax to yourself. Its not about loosing that race. I was amazed/suprised that this kind of driving is possible. If you drive in reallife track, and theres some "service/pace car" shortcut, is this shortcut allowed to use by racers? And yeah, its a game. its a game..... Thanks for replying....over and out.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Huhtala Racing

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No, not any walls....LOL. Just wondering those track boundaries, this kind of track is NONSENSE if you can cut it and not gain any penalty. And yeah yeah yeah....."watch the rules what is turned on in MP session". Thanks for answering, over and out.
    In my opinion, admins can delete this thread....thanks to all.

14. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Obviously you do not get what we are trying to tell you - it is NOT the game's fault, if the server admin decided to disable the cut rules.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Ah, sweet nostalgia.
    For a while there I thought I was back on the iracing forums! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I know what you mean but when the server host decided to disable the track cut rules, there's nothing you can do about it.
    And since it was just a fun race without competition points of any kind, I would say it's nothing worth to get set up about.

In more serious races the track cut penalties are enabled and if not, the participating racers know what racing etiquette is. Most of the time you don't even need these rules enabled then, because they don't drive like assholes....

...but as I said, on fun and open servers or worse, free content servers, these rules are most of the time disabled (no one there cares about them anyway lol)

Soooo you can either race in more organised groups with fair people, or you have to live with the chaos sometimes on public servers.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Huhtala Racing

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, i was in same page with you....most of the time...heh. And i get what you are telling, thanks a lot.
    No need to answer this anymore....but still bit amazed. I know theres these wreckers among those "free races".
    But still i don get it...

• Funny Funny x 1