The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Skybird,
    imagine it is only a first step to create a game with the blancpain and then create a second one for all the rest on the base of ACC.
    This is what I guess here.

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I considered that too, and said so in Ac forums - and got quite determined objections to this imagination of mine... I thought and argued they will maybe start with DLCs in two years or so, once that all content for the Blancpain license has been delivered and completed, but my idea was not very popular.

No final word given on it, but the sign of times currently seems to be against this.

Maybe we get Snoopy's famous Nord mod again... LOL :)

By the time any ACC DLCs appear (or not), Raceroom probably will have gotten GTR3's U4E engine SimBin works on currently, too.

3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Well there are two points wich are making me think of two differnt products as I've said.

1. Only a GT Series with not many cars and not many tracks is a thing for 25 Euro and in a year for 9,99 Euro an I can't imagine that real Sim Racers are happy with such content.
    2. AC has many many cars. Race Cars, Street Cars and so on. I don't think they will kill them all.

So they would bring a full price title with all content and the possibility to earn more money with DLCs like in AC.

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Blancpain has got quite a massive number of supporting series.
    A lot to do for Kunos.

5. headder

headder Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Blancpain has a round on Nurburgring. So they have a reason to add the Nords as a additional layout ;)

6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Hey Klouczech,

very nice comparison videos. Your RaceRoom stuff is already here :D: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/r3e-reality-check.3542/page-4 ... look forward to more! Do you have any real video recordings of the "Schleizer Dreieck"??? Something like this:

#SchleizerDreieck #SchleizerDreieckForR3E

7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Part 2 is up, again 45 minutes. Cant say much on it, I am currently still watching/listening.

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Nürburgring GP and Nordscleife are tracks that can be combined, but are not one and the same. Its two things. Track list for Blancpain tells me only Nürburgring, not Nordschleife.

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Actually they seem to be very happy that they must not deal with 178 cars anymore, but only the "few" ones in this series. It gives them the time needed to focus on more dedicated special details that else they would not be able to treat. Stefano talks a lot on that right in the beginning of the second interview. It starts with aI lines that must not be generic anymore to allow modding, and ends with physics details that they plan to bring in.

10. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    This is looking very promising... the screens released so far have got me in the mood for seeing Raceroom updated to UE4 as well. It's looking really good! Hope it'll look just as good in motion.

The battle between this and GTR3 might turn out to be an interesting one...

• Like Like x 1
  11. headder

headder Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I now that this is not a proper same circuit. However, having the Nurbugring in the game is a something like a simple way, to put Nords and N24/VLN layouts into the game, even as a DLC.

For example, Nords, N24/VLN can be added into the game for practice purposes.

12. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I just say Brands Batch Indy/GP.:p

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    They made it very clear in the interview video that for the forseeable future they are exclusively focussed on Blancpain, and Blancpain alone. ;) They explciitly refused to speculate about then longterm future after that. They even refused to comment on how longterm their Blancpain engagement will be, the yhave the license for 2018 and obviously 2019, but said that if the sales do not go well, they will need to obey economic logic and cut things short. After all, they do this for making the money the live by, they cannot afford to spend it on things that do not pay of.

I agree, i desperately want the Nordschleife myself, it would be nice to have it. But I do not expect it before all Blanpain license ocnent has been fully delivered and finetuned. and even then it is uncertain.

Not before 2020, I say - if ever at all.

14. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  15. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the Feldbergring mod competes wit the best of best track mods in AC.

If long, street-like tracks are liked by you, Bikerniecki also is a good, new challenge, with several layouts.

Charade also is of this kind, and very good.

Modding has decreased a bit, it seems to me, since AC Competizione got announced, but modding is anything but dead .

• Like Like x 3
  18. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    But since development of AC has finished, there's no need to refresh after every AC update.:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A dream would come true if RRR has this license. A full field of real drivers an cars...

But in this case AC - C is a no brainer...looking forward to it. Hopefully they deal with the FFB and VR.-

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    FFB and VR are perfect for me. I wish RR had lock-to-horizon in VR. FFB is more subtle in AC, too.