Problem raceroom does not start

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Romain, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Romain

Romain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    launch option was changed
    the game does not start
    checking steam files ok
    help me please:(

2. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    In which way is the launchoption changed? Do you use advanced start options in the Steamlibrary for Raceroom? And do you get a crashnotification? Or does it just simply not start? In case you get a notification, there probably will be a crashdump file. You can find it in My Documents -> My Games -> Simbin -> R3E if my memory serves me well enough. Could be slightly different in naming. You then can upload that file here so S3S can look after it.

Another option is to remove your current installation of R3E (don’t forget to back up your car setups) and do a fresh new installation. In 99 of the 100 times this is the best fix for R3E starting issues (except when the R3E backbone servers are down for maintenance or when there is a malfunction in it which mostly and rarely only occur after maintenance/updates).

I hope this gives you a little bit of a guidance.

3. Romain

Romain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not Simbin file

4. Romain

Romain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    order option: -cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Those startup arguments are obsolete as far as I know, they are not needed anymore and won't have any effect.

6. Romain

Romain New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok you will have an idea to my problem because the game does not run
    I have already reinstated the game

7. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    What you can try is remove the game and remove the R3E directory in the Commons directory of the steam application. Then run CCleaner and clean your Windows registry so all faulty regkeys are removed and then reinstall it. That would be the steps I would follow. If that doesn’t help, you can check the Windows Events registry if it have registrations of conflicts. Sometimes that will also a way to resolve the issue of software which won’t run.