Released March update - Zhuhai has been released

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Mar 15, 2018.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0

Zhuhai has been released and an update to RaceRoom has been deployed.

http://bit.ly/RR_Zhuhai

Here is the changelog of this update:

Game:
    • Added support for Thrustmaster TS PC Racer in “Advanced Mode”
    • Added support for colored rev LED’s on Fanatec CSL Steering wheel P1 (Xbox & PS4)
    • Game now properly clears the digits shown on the display of Fanatec rims upon closing.
    • Turned off Fanatec’s built-in auto-centering of the wheel.
    • Increased the default steering lock for gamepad users to 13 after feedback that 8 was too low.
    • Cut penalties are now decided by the game when the car has rejoined the track at racing speed, preventing cases where a penalty could sometimes be handed out to a car in an unfair manner.
    • Fixed incident reporting in Multiplayer results that would list all incidents in one and unique lap.
    • Fixed a case where a player could sometimes be handed a penalty upon spawning on the grid for the race start.
    • Fixed a case where "DRS Activated" HUD message could remain stuck on screen when manually shutting DRS off.
    • Fixed a case where player was unable to repair a broken front wing in Formula X-17, US or 2.
    • Fixed a timing issue on tracks like Nordschleife VLN / 24H that would occur when player did an outlap after pitting.
    • AI - Improved fuel calculations for pitstop decisions
    • AI - Improved tyre wear calculations for pit decisions
    • AI - Fixed a wrong AI behavior where it would fail to brake when caught out of fuel
    • AI - Further improvements to their behaviour when cars are on different lines.
    • AI - Improved pitlane entering behaviour on tracks such as Silverstone where AI could be sometimes seen braking in the middle of the track to make it into the pitlane entrance.
    • AI - Various DRS and Push to Pass logic improvements
    • AI - Fixed a case where, on track layouts like Nordschleife VLN, AI could sometimes be seen having trouble avoiding cars coming out of pitlane.
    • AI - Fixed a case where, in a replay, the data display in the cockpit camera would not match what the AI is doing.
    • AI - Fixed so refueling is always allowed in practice / qualifying, no matter the car class, preventing AI’s of classes like DTM being caught running out of fuel on longer sessions
    • AI - Allowed AI to enter pitlane through any entrance if more than one exists (i.e. - VLN / 24H Nordschleife)
    • Reduced the dropping / bouncing that could occur when car is spawning on track
    • Triple Screen - Improvement to the balance between clipping through objects close to camera and flickering of distant textures.
    • VR - Fixed a case where shadows would not render within a certain perimeter around the player.
    • VR - Fixed some window textures not showing transparency when they should
    • VR - Race ending phase no longer shows a moving TV camera
    • Massive update to french localization in both game and portal sides.

Sound, Physics & AI:
    • Audi V8 DTM ‘92 - Fixed an issue with rate at which the tires were getting worn
    • BMW M1 Procar - Adjusted AI braking distances
    • Group 5 cars - Adjusted AI braking distances
    • GTO cars - Adjusted AI braking distances
    • Formula RaceRoom X-17 - Fixed engine that could easily overheat and take damage.
    • Formula RaceRoom 2 - Improved AI’s respect for opponents.
    • GTR 3 cars - Fixed engine temperature and damage from overheating. Reduced fuel usage.
    • Porsche 911 GT3 R - Adjusted placement of hood camera in triple screen
    • WTCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 - Reduced fuel usage
    • Laguna Seca - Fixed AI cutting through the sand when exiting the pitlane through the turn 1 road.
    • Lausitzring GP - Fixed AI that was always a bit slow on the newly added GP layout
    • Macau - Improved speed at which AI enters pitlane.
    • Road America - Moved starting position for leaderboard challenges further towards the S/F line to avoid getting next lap invalidated when doing a mistake in turn 12.
    • Zandvoort - Improvements to cut rules to prevent getting penalties when exiting pitlane and rejoining track in a wild fashion.

• Like Like x 20
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
  2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    • BMW M1 Procar - Adjusted AI braking distances
    • Group 5 cars - Adjusted AI braking distances
    • GTO cars - Adjusted AI braking distances
    • VR - Fixed a case where shadows would not render within a certain perimeter around the player.
    yes!! I was hoping for this! I'll be sure to put a little bit of time in today! Can't wait.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Still not ai selector in off line championship.... maybe in April or May

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    This one is new with the Update, too:
    upload_2018-3-15_14-41-29.png

Nice and Solid update... great to have those VR-Bugs sorted - well,ok the TV-Cam at the end was not a bug, but still annoying in VR.

@J-F Chardon: @Arthur Spooner has just reported to me, that he has the Problem with the Auto-Update again. The Update isn't starting automatically in Steam like it came up with the previous Update.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mudman79

Mudman79 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Can't buy anything in the store right now? Always "A display error occured" when I try to checkout.

Edit: Works now.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    And again the problem was solved by deleting some game file and do an integrity check afterwards.

Just like the last time the problem only occurred on my laptop and NOT on my "real" gaming rig. Normally I'd say there's something wrong with my laptop, but since so many others had the same problem the last time RR was updated, I'm more convinced the issue is located somewhere else.

Maybe if that happens again next time I will try a complete re-install of Steam on my laptop.

7. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    @m.bohlken
    how the update was started manually again. please explain this briefly.
    i think you have to delete a file and let steam check the system

8. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    First quit Steam and then go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game

and delete any one original game file.

Then restart Steam and do a file integrity check. Once it is completed and the deleted file has been restored, it will (hopefully) download the update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    For anyone not having Steam update the game automatically:

Quit Steam.
    Delete the file called RRRE64.exe from this folder: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\x64
    Then start Steam and verify the game's cache files (right-click game in Steam, select properties, select local files tab, click "verify cache files"). After that it should aquire the update.

EDIT: Should work the same when doing what Arthur suggested (deleting the RRRE.exe)

10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Are you using the same Steam account on both?

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Worked on my side - but it was deducted twice (but thats another story ;) )

12. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but I'm never logged into Steam at the same time on both. I'm away from home at the moment and had to connect via VPN to my home PC to start the update there.

13. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  14. C.Rogers

C.Rogers Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This track is awesome. Great job guys and thank you. Probably the best looking track especially with the afternoon time of day setting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. klempirstvi.hradil

klempirstvi.hradil Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hallo J-F Chardon, du planst nicht, RaceRoom in die Tschechische Republik aufzunehmen
    Brno :);)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Great job developer peoples! It's an awesome, fast-flowing track. I'll have many happy hours there. Ta very much! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thank You very much for Patrick Assenheimer's livery ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    very flat track but very bumpy, really funny i like it

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Really nice updated version of this track, the road surface looks excellent, and love the bumps in it, overall the whole track looks very nice..;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. 3 im Wäggla

3 im Wäggla New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I was really looking forward that update but unfortunately I can´t get RaceRoom started. Before I explain what´s going on I´d like to mention that this happened to me after every update so far: When I start the game, the window opens, which says: RaceRoom Racing Experience will be started. But then it gets white around that window and it stops working so that after 30 sec. the whole steam client closes. There is no crash file and no error shown. I have already checked the game files in steam but they are complete. Last time I had that trouble I did the same + I switched my wheel off and on again...somehow it worked then - but not today.

I hope someone knows how to solve that problem. Thanks in advance!