Bug CSP V3's Disconnect..

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gopher04, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    thought i was the only one, still there too here

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Have only had the throttle pedal issue once in the past month but the disconnect messages keep on coming, prolific in SRS.
    The total lack of acknowledgement that this is actually an issue recognised by the Dev's and the longevity of this problem, makes me think S3 don't have a clue what's going down. If they have some Fanatec V3's in the office then they know there's an issue. I've removed my V3's, taken them to a friends, set them up, d/loaded RR and the disconnect messages came thick and fast from the off. J-F Chardon, Georg Ortner, Sector3, care to make a comment? even if it's we know it's there but have no idea how to fix. Just feel that maybe the urgency is not there to fix this issue, as the few that are suffering are not kicking any doors down.
    Come on guys, throw us a bone or should I start lacing up my Doc Martens?

3. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Just a thought, maybe you could monitor the USB connections to see if there isn't a disconnect and instant connect? Maybe, game is slower and doesn't see it immediately reconnected. Some problem with hardware itself.
    It can maybe be worth to try it?
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_log_view.html

4. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    corious, since this USB Log is running no more disconnect of the V3 CSP:cool:

5. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    OK, i just had a disconnect/connect again but USB-Log did not recorded anything.
    Seems that this is a Game problem!

6. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thank you for testing ;)

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    You think..being saying that since day one yet it's seems to being ignored..

8. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    No, you are not ignored.
    It's reported. I am not dev, I can do nothing more than reminding the problem. :(

9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I thought I was the only one. This is what happened to me the other day in an SRS race. I had a Logitech G27 with stock pedals.
    I was racing fine and then suddenly my brake pedal wouldn't respond, then would work again for a bit. Here are a few recorded moments where the pedal didn't work. I don't know if it was just not working at all or was braking only a certain percentage instead of 100%.

Is this the same issue as being discussed here?

Because until now I thought it was my G27.

10. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For me that one you have experienced is totally different to the one I'm suffering from, reason being you still have a working throttle, forgetting the constant disconnects/connect message we get in the menu screen which don't appear whilst your on track, when and if you get the the semi disconnect actually happen when your on track, and i again quote 'semi disconnect' the throttle will not work above lets say 30% movement on the the pedal, so anything above that it just cuts out, and the brake has weirdly reconfigured itself so it sort of works only if you apply abit of throttle at the same time, but weirdly if you have the Fanatec configure software running so you can see the pedal movement, it's all fine but in game it's not, I at the moment have not had the disconnect issue since I connected the pedal directly to the 2.5 base, if I run the independently again it disconnects on track pretty much all the time, but i still get the messages across the the screen in game about disconnects, which is really annoying, also it can be quite random, like when the latest patch was released all was fine, then 2 days later it all started again, what ever is giving alot of us this trouble it only exist via Raceroom only, it's not a particular software version from Fanatec, tried them all with same result's, and for me personally, the actual disconnects only happened in a MP mode, not in SP.

11. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    I was also in this race and first i thought that you need more practice. ;)

I had only 2 times breaking/trottle problems and not that massiv Problems like you.
    When this happend to me i lose for fraction of a second the brakes ore trottle, to cover this problem i have to brake earlier and lose time in each corner. I am using since a few days the USB-Log Viewer and get no reports about USB Port disconnect.
    The disconnect/connect messages where showen only after the Race in the Main screen.
    This problem was coming up after the november/december update (don't remember), before this never happend to me.

12. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    the problem has been reduced a lot before the last update it was impossible to play 2 hours without having to restart R3E some time, now the disconnections is very sporadic and some days ago than I have not needed to restart R3E although the problem persists

13. AlecsmRO

AlecsmRO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Gropher04 - Same problem here :(. Fanatec CSL V3 USB connected

There is no way to fix it!? :(

For sure it's a game related problem ...it happens only in RR

14. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I also have device disconnected/device connected messages appearing all the time.

Also sometimes throttle pedal just work like until 99% but when I press it 100% it cut-off throttle at all. (But in controller settings in game throttle pedal bar showing 100%, also in windows everything is OK). I had to restart game to make it work again.
    I noticed this only in Leaderboard challenge yet and appears randomly. In multiplayer race never had an issue.

Using Fanatec V3 inverted connected via USB. Actually all my devices are connected separately via USBs.

15. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm still getting the messages about disconnects/reconnects..and before you leave the game, if you take a trip to the store you can see how many times it has happened, as a bar will be across the top of the screen with a black options button on it at one end, click there until each one disappears, normally I have about 5/8 of them to get rid off. Along with the messages I'm now starting to get a new feature to this problem, which happened to me during a race last night and again a few time today with different cars, it's like I have slipped into neutral, even though the in-game and my own dash says I haven't, last for a bout 2secs then re-engages..

16. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
  18. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Haven't tested yet, but there are some differences out the box, in the Fanatec wheel properties under the settings tab you will only find the adjustment for the wheel angle now, the damping setting has been removed, on the wheel display we have a new on which is listed as FE1 which has adjustment from 100-0 no idea what it is for yet..

FE1 what I think it is, is the damping from the Fanatec properties moved over to the wheel, when you put it to 0 it numbs everything..

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I've not noticed disconnects with my CSP V3 directly connected via USB, but I've noticed vibration motors getting stuck in permanent vibration. I initially thought it is due to Fanaleds, but R3E controls vibration without Fanaleds, and I hit this issue without running Fanaleds.

I wonder if there's a switch somewhere in player file to turn off hardware features of Fanatec, so that I can use Fanaleds instead?

This happens only in R3E, so it is not issue with Fanatec software.

20. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Experienced this permanent vibration today when on-wheel ABS was set to 0. Dialled it up until vibration eventually disappeared and it now kicks in when I'm pushing hard on the brake as expected.