Raceroom on Steamcharts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by k.C goran, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Peak player is not a really representative information. The general trend as expressed in the monthly averages is.

Looks good, trend points upwards since two years and longer : ;) http://steamcharts.com/app/211500#All

Compare with Project Cars 2. :D :p Somebody went into a dive quite early... The graph is a nice explanation of the term "hype".

Unbenannt.PNG

Green - Raceroom
    Blue - Assetto Corsa
    Orange - Project Cars 2
    White - R-Factor 2 (since on Steam)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I know, averages are more significant, but breaking the 1000 peak player barrier would be a cool milestone in a genre that struggles for numbers. R3E deserves it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    If AI selector is implemented peak number of players will exceed 1000:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - for sure... the Average is the more importent value. But there often is a coincidence between average and peak.
    BTW: The lines displayed in Steamcharts in a longer range are showing the peak-Numbers and not the average...

5. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  7. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Noticed that the multiplayer is quite busy in the last couple of days. Never thought that i would see many different busy servers that would keep me busy for hours.
    Hope the “upcoming Mp/online ranking” will attract more racers because this is what’s missing in this great title.
    As for the charts, guess more PR hype like pbugs should get the job done.
    Right now, i can’t get enough of R3E regardless of what steam charts display.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Christmas break for the next 2 weeks for most....see what its like in mid jan when everyone is back to work and school
    Tho it is nice to see and race with more than 10 people online after 8pm MT:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I think sector 3 have simracesystem to thank for that! That's the reason I've started playing RRE again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    We (all) look forward to the In-Sim ranking and license system, made by Sector 3 ...

#MakeR3EAppLess

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    yeh, I think it's something that can boost RRE from 'one of the crowd' to many peoples go-to sim if it's done well with elo rating, safety rating etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    #MakeR3EAppLess

Patrick, while I'm all for developers striving to make as complete a product as possible, if you don't like these apps that 3rd party devs are working so hard to provide to you for free, sod off and don't use them and stop bloody grumbling about them

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  14. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    eh? what? Where did I complain? I love SRS and was just saying if RRE does their version well it's likely to be very successful! Paranoid much?

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    That was for Patrick, should have made it clearer :)

16. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Just to remind that r3e is already at 1125, even higher than yesterday. Lets see what happens =)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    My guess on the high number is the free weekend and not SRS (alone)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

long time ago since i've posted the last time about that Statistics from Steamcharts... but that extended free week brought me back looking to that stats.
    That free weekend in additon with the December-Update attracts quite a lot players reaching a new peek in active players at the same time on 22th December with 1687 players. Previous highest peek was recorded on March 2018 with 1125 players - on a free weekend, too. With 562 players more it's quite a remarkable growth if you see, that the Average-Numbers are normally around 330 Players and the average peek per Month in the last year (without December) is around 910.

But not only that is interessting - IMO more important/interessting are the last weekends stats. Yesterday there were 1055 Players active at the same time. The 3rd highest recorded Number and the highest without a free weekend.

So it's very nice to see, that the player base is still growing short before the 7th Birthday of Raceroom (Open Beta started on 30.01.2013)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    To increase the base of players dev need to change betas.
    Let people try normal cars(GT4/3, DTM, Porsche CUP, Porche Classic CUP etc.) and Nurburgring, Imola, Bathurst. Let it be fixed in time - for example two hours. But it will be, I am sure, 100 times more positive impression.

The worst thing about RRE - it's beta.

20. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom has been highlighted by some of the most well known streamers (Gamermuscle, Jardier, Georg Ortner) since the update which must have helped. I know Georg works for S3, but during last night`s stream of ACC, he expressed a preference for Raceroom, although that might just be familiarity.