H-shifter use in multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wingert, Apr 16, 2018.

1. wingert

wingert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it duty to use H-shifter in multiplayer for dedicated cars,
    if not how can I see who use it ?

2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    You can't see what other people use, but I know I use whatever gearbox the car has. I've got a few controller profiles setup for my G27 to match whatever the car demands :p I'm not sure if sequential is faster on a H shift car because there might be a time-delay in place to combat everyone using sequential.

3. wingert

wingert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess same gamer drive older cars in the same manner as modern with auto clutch and paddle shifter.

4. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    After you have chosen your preferences in the game' options - automatic or manual gear -
    I guess that 1978 Corvette John Greenwood is naturally set with H shifter, while Mercedes AMG GT3 is with sequential paddle shifter - respecting past and present real life specs.
    Not sure if one could set whatever car with sequential paddle shifter would be automatically faster,
    Anyway there are so many other points to get for a good and fast driving...
    For myself, I am happy to take the 78 Corvette totally manual with H shifter + clutch like this car has been thought, then a modern GT3 with paddles, it's about immersion and spirit.
    Some racers are really impressive (not me!), even we can't see what they use, I guess these ones are serious drivers, very fast using manual H shifter.

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    By the way, is there a full list of the cars with H-pattern shifter enabled? Or the classic categories are homogenous in this matter? This question has just become relevant to me, so I didn't pay attention to it earlier.

6. wingert

wingert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thing the sim should only allow the adequate shifting method in the get real mode.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The problem with that though, is that not everyone owns an H-Shifter. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I don't have all the cars of R3E in my game, so I won't be able to give an exaustive list; but yes, I guess the classic categories are homogenous in this matter.
    Also, there is an interesting answer made by Christian Göpfert in this thread
    Hope it help.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. wingert

wingert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    for that exception case the sim could have an not real mode

10. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    laziness.

11. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    And absolute incompetence when it comes to Heel and toe shifting. Thats why i rarely use my Shifter for anything other than Truck driving.
    Would love to race around a track while ripping through the gears but i suck so that wont ever happen :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    laziness! everything can be learned! :mad: stop with gt3 lady racers :mad:
    (there is a lot of irony here above ;) )

by the way, heel and toe is not necessary. is good to be faster, but not necessary. even better to learn how to downshift without heel and toe, so the heel and toe became easier to understand.