Resolved R3E won't shutdown

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by The Iron Wolf, Apr 19, 2018.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I've hit a strange problem. After I exit the game, the music still plays and black box from the game is still visible on the desktop, but game won't exit. This is with VR, CV1. I have to kill R3E every time I quit. Any suggestions?

Also, a side question: I launch R3E through steam. It always asks me if I want to run 64bit or 32bit. Is there a way to set 64 bit default and stop this message box? Thanks.

2. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    The problem with game not shutting down seems to be related to problems with CSP V3 pedals.

Periodically, I've problem pedals getting stuck vibrating. When that happens, game won't shutdown properly (I see black box with music playing after I choose to exit). I unplugged pedals from USB to reset them and as soon as I did game exited.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just now remembered you asked about this. Yes there is a way, you can right click the steam icon in the notification area, which should bring up a context menu containing a list of games you launched last. If you start RR through that menu, steam will automatically run the version you used last and not ask which version you want to run.
    Cheers
    Christian

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  4. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian, I found another workaround. I created a shortcut to RRRE64 and placed it into my start menu. That allows me to avoid mouse and also, somehow magically picks up launch options from steam.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to close this thread. What seemed to help was connecting pedals to different USB chipset (my motherboard has multiple and that's not uncommon). I think it was some sort of driver compat problem between that chipset driver and Fanatec driver.

Huge thanks to @Christian Göpfert and Viktor, S3 dev who looked at crash dumps and survived my grumpy comments :)

• Like Like x 1