Known Issue Current Major Issues in RaceRoom

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

There are a lot of questions regarding current problems we're having so I'll just go through them here briefly explaining what they are.

Error 13: This occurs due to failed encryption during communication between game and system backend. The encryption fail occurs due to having too many Multiplayer servers (currently over 280). As a temporary solution we stopped most of our own servers. We also have a fix in the works we hope to share with you today.

Error 500/504: These occur when there's a timeout between game and backend. However the reason for seeing these currently are due to a memory leak that hogs the memory on the backend servers which makes them unreachable. While we are trying to catch the leak and fix it, we are restarting the servers every now and then to avoid players getting it.

Dedicated server not available under tools on Steam: This should no longer be the case as of this morning. Everyone who has RaceRoom Racing Experience installed should see RaceRoom Dedicated Server under tools in Steam Library. If not you can still manually grab it by typing steam://install/354060 on Steam command line or windows explorer or here https://steamdb.info/app/354060/

Strange problems at race start in MP: We are still investigating but majority of the problems seem to occur when player in position 1 either disconnects or gets kicked out by not pressing ready during the 60 seconds of garage phase. We are looking into these issues but as a quick workaround we might disable the garage phase altogether.

Some issues might also be linked with rolling start on race session. Hosts might want to stick to standing race start for now while we're investigating the issue.

We are planning on preparing a hotfix patch to go live today for the issues mentioned above. Again, sorry for these issues creeping up on you in the game and a sincere thank you for your understanding and patience.

• Like Like x 18
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    All the above assumes people being able to reach the ingame menus, and then getting problems with trying to get into a session or having it running correctly, especially in MP.

But what is about those of us who cannot even get into the game,into the main menu, and who get a frozen game while hanging at a screen that tells them to press a button, but to no result? No error code screen ever showing up?

And has this ^ something to do with this unspeakable enforcement of needing to be online even if you play as single player only? I remember times when UBI harvested shitstorm after shitstorm for such a design. It is unforgivable a customer policy. My biggest complaint about R3E and Sector3.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Well hopefully the hotfix will sort this, I've had the same problem since the patch release..But totally agree about having a offline mode like many other sims, this having to beable to be online to use the game is a real downside and should be got rid off.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Licensing causes all sorts of stuff that's not ideal.

5. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Right! More information:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ailure-than-503-total-freeze.1370/#post-14760

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Have a G27 and been having a strange one, if I don't select first as soon as I appear on grid it's unavailable unless I unplug usb and plug back in or wait til the field are half way round lap. Happened half a dozen times now!
    Getting lots of strobing cars, gone are the flashing brake lights, enter the flashing cars :-(
    Wheel is also having problems pulling to left, won't centre, tried everything but eventually found if I go to advanced controls screen and rotate wheel fully both ways it rights itself, this could be just a problem for me but only started after patch, doesn't happen in other sims.
    Don't like to finish on a moan so BOOM fantastic update guys, keep this sim nirvana coming, literally getting no sleep! ¦-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    How is this thread put as resolved? when most still can't get into the game.

8. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    If you are one of the players who experience the issue where you get stuck on a splash or loading screen, we would love to take a look at the logs and see what's going on. You can either send a ticket to http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/ or pm me a dropbox or similar host link to the log files found in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience

Thanks for the heads up. I had to select a prefix to be able to post but forgot to remove it afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    PM sent. get a black screen, click once, then get animated white screen, no buttons, have to CAD out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. RNTK

RNTK New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Me too.

11. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Same here, but if I go to webside and pick any car in store for a test drive it works perfekt 5 min then I end up with the milky white animated background and no menu! :/

Problem is I don't get a error message so what logs you want me to send, there's alot of logs there?

12. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    I think we have enough information (at least in terms of what the logs can provide) for now. We have a potential fix for it which we'll include with the hotfix patch.

Although you only see white background, if you move the mouse cursor around does it become click-able? Do you still have the menu buttons functional. Just trying to confirm the issue is visual only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Been trying that, and no the screen isn't click-able.

Is the fix today by anychance?

14. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    NO no menu att all just animated background not klickable, need to force close to get out.

OK to late already sent all logs and setings files I thoght you might need ;)
    GooD LucK!

15. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I did notice one thing now, I can change to different loading screens background klicking at the top. since I have them all.
    But there is no menu apering on eather of them ;)

16. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I don't have the stuck in loading screen bug....sorry I can't help

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I just got back home (its holiday here in Germany). So I take it that no logs are needed anymore? It'S a 118 MB download, so I am fine with that - uploading that to Dropbox free account would last 2 hours or so. Clickable mouse cursor: No nothing is clickable, however, if moving the cursor around, SOMETIMES (means: not always) the cursos hits a line of pixel where it changes from pointer to click-and-hold, as if hitting an invisible wiondow frame or somethign like that.For me, the attempt to go back to desktop via CTRL-ALT-DEL and then chosing task manager, does not work (sends me back to the frozen game screen instead), and choosing any of the other options also sends me back not to desktop or into warm reboot, but the game screen - I need to switch of power and reboot again then.

Note the "workaround" I posted yesterday about in other threads - it worked three times, as long as the computer booting session was no shut down. After rebooting the PC, it never worked again. Might be a hint to be learned there: posting #12 in https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...different-failure-than-503-total-freeze.1370/

18. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

JTT - Gege21 - (FR) Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Oupsss ! I'm with French version install of RRRE and if I see and open the log's files in C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log - with notepad it is written in chineese !!! Even not in english language... very strange.

19. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

JTT - Gege21 - (FR) Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Me too the workaround worked well yesterday and after rebooting totally the PC it never work anymore. Stuck at loading screen displaying "hit any key to continue".

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    The menus are actualy working but they're not visible I klicked where I figgure (remember ) single then practice and start is and WOW it actualy worked SO the main issu is main menu buttons just dont show up after loading, I do nto see the loadscreen to.

• Agree Agree x 1