Mclaren 650S GT3 steering wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HoiHman, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Here you go:

[​IMG]
    On the right the 25 replacement caps (not exactly X-box labeled imo ?), left is the sticker sheet. rather small, but fitting the
    locations modestly marked on the wheel housing.
    I have not used them yet, will probably sell the wheel together with the V2 base as soon as the podium series are
    available (or another DD system, depending on what Fanatec is going to offer).

• Like Like x 1
  2. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I honestly thought you meant they go on the button caps! Apologies that makes sense. I had made my own and thought I had missed them.
    32EB79EB-99A1-45DC-A755-8FBFE338C245.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Must say, they look good !
    Printed on vinyl or something ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    They actually look like they are illuminated..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I make labels/decals as a fun side thing. It’s as you suggested vinyl, a decent pigment printer and a cutter.
    7C2E1455-85EC-4BDB-BC36-213DA376DEF2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    That was sorta the idea, just radiating color with a brighter center.

NathanW

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    The mixed opinions and un-ideal featureset for VR made me opt for a Formula black rim instead of this. Bright side, comes out a fair bit cheaper too when you factor in the quick-release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I think it is a wise choice. I regret my purchase...

9. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh it's such a shame they didn't make this a full blown rim like the formula one, still will hold my funds for either the Porsche or one of the new rims.

10. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I’m sure you can sell it! They are sold out and taking pre orders again if I’m not mistaken. Probably break even.

11. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    That’s not it’s price point. It’s their lowest end series. I would have rather paid 150 usd more myself for a club sport version (vibration motors, better material or at least overlay material, better paddles).

But I fear their new podium series will likely be triple the price. At this price point it needs to be as good as the nice custom stuff we are seeing.

12. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Price point doesn't make much sense though. With the quick release it comes out more expensive than the formula black rim, almost the same price as the Carbon / BMW rims. It seems like a lower quality product at a not so lower price.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Guys, anyone noticed something rattling/moving inside of McLaren rim? Like something is loose inside. It cannot be heard while it is connected, more when rotating in hands. Wondering, maybe mine has some damage to it. Cheers :)

14. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    You already removed the allen key on the back and it is still making noise? Then I would suggest to call support dept.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Rattling, moving, ticking...semantics :D
    I mentioned this in my earlier 'review':
    """When I started I had a kind of ticking sound when turning the wheel. I though there was something loose somewhere and it took me some time to locate it. It was the locking screw for the CSL connection, located in the housing of the allen key in the back of the wheel. I removed the whole thing (don't need it anyway) and the sound was gone."""

I bet it is the same thing. And if not, follow @BrianBosch advise and call support. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    My mistake :) I didn't bother reading manual. I am pretty sure it is just the key in a wheel, cause it sounds like something sliding, and it is most pronounced by pitching rim.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Now folks, I am not sure if this is rim problem or my base is failing, but I started to have disconnects, and they're quite weird: what happens is start button on a base goes off, and green light around it comes on. Also, white light on the GT3 rim next to xbox button (lower right) comes on.

If it is not too much to ask, could someone with CSW 2.5 tell me what is the current firmware for base and rim? Fanatec firmware update tool is quite confusing, I am never sure if I am on the latest. Thanks in advance :)

I am planning to use F1 rim for a while, to see if those issues are due to rim not fully supported, or problem with the base.

As I type this, I realized something: I wonder if pressing N button makes some button stay on. I am saying that, because in order to switch between modes, one has to press N and Y. I have N mapped for something, but wondering if holds some button pressed. Hmmm.... just thinking aloud :)

18. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For the the Mclaren rim you must have the latest software/firmware which at present is v.310 this will bring up to

driver vers:310 beta
    firmware vers:446
    motor firmware vers:18 (new)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So just in interest if I turn SHo to 0 does that give me the same feeling that you guys get with the Mclaren rim with no motors in it??

20. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    New firmware I believe has been released today for this wheel, updating the clutch release thingy, v.311, plus instruction vid by the sexy SimRacingGirl.

• Funny Funny x 1