FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Think you need more lateral (tires) and less steeringrack ( I use 0%).

Minimum force is only for dead centre, I currently use only 2%.

2. dEivi

dEivi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll test, but what I can say is with more minimum force the better I feel the road.
    With more lateral it is true that I feel more road but also feel the wheel too much strong to my taste.
    That's why I was trying with higher values on minimum force

3. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I'm testing with with Zero right now

4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    For me
    185% Vertical load, 115% Lateral force, 0% Steering rack.

5. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    These are my current, but they are for a t500rs.
    They match the default FFB multiplier of the cars
    FFB1.png
    FFB2.png

6. dEivi

dEivi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's freaking high.
    Which wheel you use?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  8. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  9. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Maybe "Kerb vibrations"?
    20% min FFB looks a lot, I use 2 or 3% with the TS-PC. Road bumps also depends on the car, with the FR3 you feel them more than with a GT3.

10. Wardstrom

Wardstrom New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Setup FFB for Logitech G27 pls?

11. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    FFB is individual for people, mostly because we have been taught or learned from earlier sims on how it feels and some of us don't have any reference of what is correct. Max rotation of the wheel is also important to take in to account when setting up the FFB. I think R3E have a good default setting for rotation and FFB for the individual cars, but we all tend to rely on our own interpretation on how it should feel so we alter it to make it more as we want it to be... even if it is exaggerated in either rotation or FFB. To make things even more problematic it's differs between wheel manufacturers. This is what I use for my T500 I don't think it's to far off but it's my interpretation on how I think it should feel or be in a real race car :innocent:
    FBB can make you faster or slower so what is correct is just as mystical as "black magic" when setting up the suspension in a race car itself!

(GT3 Cars)
    Steering Wheel = T500RS
    Wheel range = 656°
    Steering Lock = 18
    FFB Multiplier = 2.070

FFB_1.jpg
    FFB_2.jpg
    Rotation/Angle in the profiler is set to 656°
    T500RS.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  12. Ernesto Romero

Ernesto Romero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    I´m looking for any tip on my ffb
    I used a lot of config. i saw on this threat, but no luck.
    On corners, kerbs, bumps, I feel really good my wheel
    On straights, my car is floating above the road.
    I have a Small mige OSW with simucube
    Thanks in advance

13. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    You are one lucky guy with that small mige :)
    The settings for FFB are endless but I would try to set up the FFB in the game with the "Vertical Load, Lateral Force and Steering Rack" input to see if I could get the wheel have more feel when I drive in a straight line.

14. Ernesto Romero

Ernesto Romero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thx mate. I´ll try it

15. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Can you pls repost the image/your settings? Relatively new so I'm trying to find some comparison. Thanks.

17. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    After the recent update, I've experimented with my FFB settings and am enjoying the sim very much. However, can anyone explain what these downward spikes in the FFB meter mean? When driving on a long straight, I get a jolt with each downward peak, which doesn't feel natural.

My wheel is a DFGT, so it's good but not very strong or detailed compared to more expensive fare. I've therefore raised the minimum force to 20% (as recommended at the top of the thread) from its previous 2% so as to feel more detail. Smoothing is at a rather high 50% (still within the recommended levels) because the kerbs were far too violent. The kerb effect is at 0%. Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

18. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I use FFB Level at 100 and smoothing at 0 or within a few points and minimum force around 10. All the others are personal preference but these few is what I have found the best results for me and rarely change.

I think the issue may start with 0 curb and 50% smoothing as it isn't only too light but then you are asking to smooth it out. If it is zero I don't think smoothing is going to have an effect, or at the very least not a positive one. My suggestion is give the curbs a positive number of at least 10.

One last thing is from my experience is get back to stock/default wheel settings and then pick a like a GT car and a track like Austria which has some real bumps and curbs that you can dial settings in pretty quick. Make adjustments to FFB, Smoothing and Minimum Force one setting at a time and for example from zero to 50, take a lap or two and adjust accordingly, repeat.

These will get the wheel to feel how you like it in general, soft where it feels like your street sedan, or stiff ripping out of your hands when you lose control, or somewhere in between.

Once you have this then move on to the individual settings like curbs, suspension and gear shifts.

19. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    @ducman888 Thank you for your reply. I have started to make a few adjustments, lowering the smoothing to 35% and raising the kerb effect to 10%. It feels better. I will continue to lower the smoothing and see what happens, before making more adjustments. It's tricky to get the DFGT just right because it has a small range of output - too high and the details get swamped, too low and the details won't appear. RR's gear shift effect is fun, especially on older cars. Yes, it's a bit cheesy but it helps me pretend to be a racing driver. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. marcos1988

marcos1988 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to share my Logitech G920 / G29 FFB Configuration. I've been working on it for a while, testing the amount of clipping that occurs and how it feels in general. I have absolutely no experience in real life racing cars (I don't see my 120HP Nissan as a worthy racecar :p ).

The settings are:

Force Feedback Intensity: 100%
    Smoothing: 0%
    Force Feedback Spring: 7%
    Force Feedback Damper: 5%

Steering Force Intensity: 82%
    Force Feedback Minimum Force: 30%
    Understeer: 33%
    Vertical Load: 65%
    Lateral Force: 80%
    Steering Rack: 50%

Slip Effect: 100%
    Engine Vibrations: 0%
    Kerb Vibrations: 75%
    Shift Effect: 0%
    Collision Effect: 200%

Please feel free too use and or comment on the above :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.