This is why the kick or ban is necessary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lachaussette, May 21, 2018.

1. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    It's never a pleasure to meet this kind of players, I will not showing all servers incidents but only those showed on our servers (RFRO). Majority of people are fair but little part is as we don't expect to share good times on track!

That's why I never drive on lobby :confused:

I'm behind Mr Justin Ptoschek

And my view now... Is it the K.Magnussen School? :eek:

Final part was better with very nice fair battles ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Another player who should be banned (of our servers) => Edgardo Ferri

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    (Edit: Regarding the first incident)

Sorry, but to me it looks as if he simply stuck to the line - and you expected him to leave it. But he had no reaosn or obligation to do so, so he saught his ideal line. I rate this as your fault (the car in rear). ;) He did not do any supicious moves, but drove consistently.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Second incident: difficult to prove that there was intention behind yellow car's driving, to me it appears as if he was not fully aware of Red being on his right side, he touched him when wanting to go right line himself, shied away when contact with Red was made, Yellow became instabile himself and fought to regain control over his own car while staying on track.

Difficult to judge.

Both incidents however illustrate imo too aggressive moves by the cars that wanted to overtake.

Guys, you have to give even inferior cars and drivers the room they need for breathing. If you are really superior in performance, there is no need to push your chances and do risky, too aggressive ,moves loike these. Wait for better opportunities. If you really are superior in performance, they will come to you all by themselves. Or in brief: patience.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    We dont have the same notion of fairplay, sorry. Changing line when the guy behind has already move with aspi + DRS, you know that the collision is coming. It's not like save the inside line before the guy take it and let him the external line to keep the position forward.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
  7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    At that right hander after L'eau rouge, it is the common thing to do to stay right lane, and then when the right gentle turn onto the long straight begins, let yourself gently carrying out to the left to establish line on the left. And thats what he did. He was in front, he had the rkight of way, and when you choose to hit the DRS is your choice, not his. You should have expected that - and wait a second longer, then overtake him on the right instead of enforcing it on the left side, where your manouver also needs to take a longer distance.

Sorry, Lachaussette, but I stick to it: your fault there. If I would have been the other guy, I would have driven the line exactly the way he did. He did not manouver to "attack you". He just did what everybody on that part of the track does. He used the gentle righthander to gently swing from right lane to left lane, the outside of that turn, that is.

I only reply to you here because you go a bit far when demanding kick and ban for this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    If I wasn't here, he didn't reach the left side so early. It was just to push me in the grass to be unovertaken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Its open lobbies. You always squeeze everyone lol I'm here full of clips with people just kamikazing into t1 and your complaining cause someone squeezed you ? cmon now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I've seen a few guys deserving a ban. If you say those are ban worthy then I say it's a proof that ban feature would only harm r3e.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    It was intentional, I played against this player several times and it's always the same. Another mate reported it recently for the same behavior in the same straight line. Also check the link in the video description, this guy is known for its unfair driving. ;)

And look closer to the video, even when I'm on the grass he is still pushing me, he wanted me to hit the wall. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    There is on our servers, I don't want to manage other servers but I would like have the possibility to manage ours, is it a stupid idea?

I made a mistake to think this way, this is mormal because this is the lobby :confused:

14. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    And just because it happens all the time, we should consider it's normal and say nothing ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No, but what this thread highlights is the fact that a kick/ban feature can pan out rather destructive, if people are being banned for making defensive moves f.e. Don't drive the way I want you to? Ban. Annoy me ever so slightly, be it on purpose or by lack of competence? Ban.
    I personally don't see this as the most constructive way to deal with such issues. If you want total control over what people do and the level of competence, start a league and only let people in who fulfil your standards.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I'm saying its open lobbies. People should better measure their excpectations. Have you ever joined an open lobby in iracing? Its exactly the same, half the field crashes T1 and the other half leave after 1 lap. Thats why you have ranking systems and leagues and all that stuff. To force people to actually try. No one actually tries in open lobbies. If you want close racing you have to put in the effort and practice. No one will do that in oppen lobbies so its normal that it becomes no mans land.

17. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    We have a league already, but open the servers is the way to be know, to have more people to run with a fair spirit and open them the doors of the league which is racing with locked servers severals days.

But when unfair drivers come on our servers and destruct the races of fair drivers, what could we do? Only ban or kick them from ours servers. I never spoke about all the lobby LOL, just have the possibility to manage ours like others leagues individually.

We had this in Race07 and we never used it except volontary moves to crash someone. It's not as we race.

Look at this snakes eater, do you think it's normal? ;)

Fast or slow drivers don't do that in our locked sessions with only member's league.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    all right, may be we forgot to explain that we are managing dedicated servers for a private league. We are not claiming to ban those guys from the all game, we only request the ability to ban them from our own dedicated servers.
    For 99% everything is fine when we leave our servers open until de race day. But when facing a guy whose only aim is to bump into other cars and ruine everyone evening, how can you deal with it ?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    No I explained from the beginning that I post only videos from our servers, maybe my english is too bad :D ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Who's supposed to be the snake eater there? M. Görke?