This is why the kick or ban is necessary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lachaussette, May 21, 2018.

1. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    The first move for blocking and the second move to block again :rolleyes:

When he goes to left it's OK, the guy defend, but after... Pushing on the grass and finally he crash o_O

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, making two defensive moves is not the nicest thing to do, but I've seen pros do it more than once. ;) Still, when sb is "just" trying to defend and not intentionally wrecks into people, where do you draw the line? In your examples #1 and #3 the following driver doesn't come away totally innocent either from my pov. If you recklessly try to force your way past sb when you see that the door that was there three seconds ago is closing, I wouldn't call that very sportsman-like either.

It's all fair and square if you want to have control over who gets access to your servers, but as said above you can already have that. If you ask me personally, my preferred method would still be a working rating system and yeah, it's a pity we don't have that till now. But maybe try and put yourself in the other parties shoes for a sec. Pretend you join a server and get banned for making an unfortunate move or trying to defend your position. Would you feel great about that? Would you recommend that game to your friends?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I never makes moves like this, when I defend, I do it one time and try to move before to anticipate not to blocking the driver behind as this method (06:18 and pit lane after) :

It's not agressive, no search to a have contacts and it works lap after lap even i wasn't faster.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  4. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Don't be wrong, we don't want to ban someone from our servers cause he did a dangerous defensive move or cause he crashed on several drivers in T1, but cause he does this every time he plays on-line. ;)

And if you were banned from a league server you could still play on an official R3E servers.

The ban could be only temporary, like one week, it's educative if you act like an idiot and got banned, maybe the next time you'll think twice before to act.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's good, great driving, kudos.
    Look, I'm not trying to question your driving ethics or codes of conduct. But again, if you expect everyone to follow those exact same principles as you do, running an open server kinda defeats your own purpose. Incidents are part of real life racing, even behaving unfriendly/unfair or making stupid/wrong decisions is, so why do you expect people in a sim to be any more professional or well behaved than the real life pros? I agree that it would be nice if everyone was driving as cleanly and controlled as you apparently are, but you cannot expect that level of competence from everybody roaming the lobby.
    So again, from my humble point of view, if you want incident-free races, running open servers is probably the wrong way. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And I totally believe that you would only and exclusively use the banhammer in such cases. But maybe I'm not the only one here who has seen the kick/ban being abused in other titles in the past, so we shouldn't ignore that fact either.

EDIT: That's why I said in my first response that such a feature can be destructive and we should consider the negative consequences just as the positives (which are there, I do get your point).

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm...

I was banned from the SMS forums when Pcars 1 was new without ever making a single comment. I guess they didnt like me constantly clicking the report button and calling out their lies and misleading statements :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I didn't finished my previous post and edited it in the meanwhile. Official R3E servers should always be opened to everyone, you can be banned from a private server and still play online, and making the ban temporary could decrease negative consequences.

Also the ranking system is not a solution. In our league we have players who could have the same rank as an idiot driving only to destroy others, so how to filter correctly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It is for open servers. That's where I see its main - if not its only use. Of course you wouldn't need to enable the ranking system on your closed league servers.

10. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    That I can't understand is why people spend lot of money to race like this LOL :D
    It's no sense but you're right Christian & nate, why people just want to have fair fun if they could be idiot as they are IRL.

All I can say is that "banhammer" isn't here to ban faster and fair drivers, as Chatcureuil is, for exemple, because I lost again a place in the front when he comes :D, it just must be an option to clean our open servers to be visible by those are searching a ligue and have good fun without breaking nerves :p

For me this game is 100% pleasure and I want to keep it like that with fair. Incidents are there every time but the way its happen I have no doubt that it was not volontary.

That's the reason because we are not the only one to expect this option to manage privates servers :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    League races is obviously different from the ranked stuff. Wouldn't make sense to cross one over to the other. Ranked systems are like the elo systems in csgo and dota. Those games still have their private games and "open lobbies" but the ranked are used specifically to match you against someone of your level in a non organized way.
    I'm really interested to see what s3 have to offer since they are pushing the e-sports thing forward.
    Also, in games like csgo the kick feature is super abused in higher ranks, first 2 or 3 rounds were bad ? Your out. Could easily go this way on raceroom.
    One option that could be added is since they have the incident system is already implemented in raceroom they could add an option to limit the maximum incidents allowed a race. At least you would have to try to not get into trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    With some of the videos you mentioned, I would agree with your argument of messy stuff being done intentionally. But in this thread, I was focussing on the two videos the OP opened the thread, and I take them as single events shown here. The first video to me illustrates a too optimistic assessment of the situation by the car that wnated to overtake. The second is, as I already said, more difficult to judge. Could be intention, yes - but could also be one moment of lacking awareness and contact - and then tryiong to regian control of a car that wagged its tail a bit. Difficult to judge. If you have emirc evidence that the driver is ALWAYS engaged in incidents like this, this of course is a dubious element then. But i cannot judge these other events, I do not know that driver. Its rare that I drive online anyway, and then its public servers. And as that I take it then: public server racing. Its a mixed bag of drivers.

13. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Same driver E.Ferri, same race but another driver behind :cool:

Others players already complained about his driving methods.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ Quite obvious. Yellow's guilt - and intention.

Remedy for the time being: when you see you are approaching on this guy from behind, don't break, but ram his rear in a controlled fashion so that you stay on track and he does not. Shoot him before he shoots you. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    :D It's not really the objective when we race but I applied this with the 635 csi (page 1), the guy can just take himself for these strange moves. I've just get my wheel strongly to avoid crashing the wall.

Blocking to cause an accident is not our way to drive and that I can assure you is that our league is formed by fast and slow drivers as many others and everybody is respecting each one to live very pleasant and fairplay races.

Hopefully we locked our servers the race day :p

16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    RR does something quite similar at it's events?
    upload_2018-5-22_19-5-48.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Look here this video at around 36:20.
    It was from the official WTCC 2017 eSports round 1 in Monza. This was race 1 of Division 2.
    Just look at the black and red car in the background that spins (3rd position), what he's doing on the straight when the blue Volvo is coming near.

Now that's what I call unsportsmanlike... in an official wtcc/raceroom esport race... What is going on in someone's head to do such stupid things?... I saw it live in the English stream and wonder what happened to this driver afterwards. @Robert Wiesenmüller you should remember this, I guess you were one of the commentators?

Edit: editing some auto-correct mess

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lachaussette

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yes I think some people should learning how to be overtaken before overtake, moving as the driver behind do to block him is just intolerable, especially when it is not possible any more to change again line. Do it at the first attempt doesn't change anything for me. When the guy change his line even at the first time and when the cars are so closed as my 1rst video, you could be sure that he will do it each time he will can. It's just in the head, some guys refuse to be overtaken and they cause contacts to wreck you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    There was no penalty because the guy who went off didn't report him. I thought about reporting it since I was in the group directly behind the crash, but the rulebook stated that you can only report incidents affecting your own race.

20. marciovs28

marciovs28 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Edgardo Ferri is one of the most dirty and known players on the Raceroom online.
    It has been a long time since he entered the online rooms just to hit the other players.
    Banishing features on servers is more than necessary to remove this animal from online rooms

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1