Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!

My name is Dom, and I’m the new Community Manager for Fanatec. I’ve been a sim enthusiast for many years, since the old Grand Prix Legends days! Previously, I was editor of Sim Racer Magazine in the UK, and more recently a writer for Road to VR, and I’ve always kept a close eye on developments in this outstanding hobby of ours.

I’ll be keenly following all relevant online communities, with the aim to promote positive discussion about our sim hardware, and to point people to our product site if they’re looking for more detailed information. For existing customers, I’ll try to answer their questions as quickly as I can, or to direct them to our support department if the query requires a more specific response. I hope to bring Fanatec and the broader sim racing community closer together by being the first point of contact whenever possible.

Happy sim racing!

[edit] This thread has become more of a general Fanatec hardware discussion, so I have changed the title.

• Like Like x 31
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  2. Turkka Häkkinen

Turkka Häkkinen Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I'm loving my CSL Elites, but for some reason the wheelbase makes clonky sounds and it feels like the FFB is clipping which can't be the case because I run 60% strength from base and 80% in-game. The FFB hasn't feel that good (specifically in RaceRoom) after I had to switch to inverted FFB because of some update in the past :/ If I turn off inverted FFB the wheel starts pulling strongly towards the direction I'm turning in. Any idea what this could be?

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    because its a reverse ffb wheel so it should be set with reverse effects on .....

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Dom..two questions for you,
    Does this mean the new Mclaren GT3 rim will be fully compatible quicker with Raceroom now your here? ie, the rotary switches..
    When are we likely to see the new range of GT rims appear?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @DomB Welcome great to have you here :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ***$$$.KILLER.$$$***

***$$$.KILLER.$$$*** New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, you can.
    screen settings in the game and the steering!
    my base fanatec csl elite Ps4
    Спасибо!

7. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I believe Andi gave you the right answer there!
    Hi Gopher04!
    I can't be sure of that, but I will contact the team to find out the status of enabling the rotary switches.
    As for new rims, I'm not permitted to discuss any upcoming products at this stage. :)
    Thanks tex_548!
    Steering/force feedback settings are mostly a personal preference, so I'll avoid giving you specific recommendations there. However, other Fanatec users might want to contribute their settings so you can see if there is a general trend towards a particular combination of values.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Was worth a try..:D

• Like Like x 2
  9. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Also welcome over here @DomB . It's a small world :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Right in time, just ordered my new CSP V3 Pedals, so in case I know where to find you, be warned :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aputx

Aputx New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hi, we understand that the force feedback settings are very personal, but being a fanatec worker it would be very appreciated if you share the force feedback parameters that you would use with the three fanatec bases, CSL ELITE, CSL ELITE PS4 and CSW (1 , 2 and 2.5). I say this because there are three bases with different mechanisms, maybe your recommendations change from one base to another. We also understand that they are not a recommendation of fanatec properly, but a simple guide to what you use to start from something. Some will use it as a guide and others will discard it because it does not agree with their tastes, but at least I would like to know them. Thank you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @Aputx Thank you for your suggestion. It's actually something I'm working on, I would like to create a reference post for different wheel bases and different games. However there are plenty of sim enthusiasts working at Fanatec, and even within the company it's fair to say that there are many different preferences when it comes to Tuning Menu (and in-game) settings. :)

13. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Dom..just loving the new McLaren wheel !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aputx

Aputx New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answering. It would be amazing if you could make a post with the configurations of the different bases for different games. We'll be alert ;)

15. Vanaja74

Vanaja74 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    I can run without a pedal.
    CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
    Model: CSL E RMcL
    I sit in a wheelchair, and that's why I'm curious. Brake / throttle mode.
    Sorry my bad english.

16. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi there Dom.

I've recently purchased a new McLaren wheel but only have the v1 with the hopes of picking up a v2.5 or podium base later when available. I realize the wheel isn' compatible with the v1 but where I bought the wheel (they are a fanatec distributor) said they tried the wheel on a v1 base and you will only lose some of the funtionality... ie analog function.

I would like to see if you had any experience with this scenario.

Hope to hear soon.. best regards

17. lucazpf

lucazpf Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec user here! Welcome on board!

18. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Vanaja74,
    Yes, the brake/throttle mode activates the brake and throttle axes, allowing you to control the brake and throttle inputs using the two analogue clutch paddles without the need for foot pedals.

Hi higsy,

The current driver contains firmware for the CSW V1 that supports the CSL E RMcL, however it might not function correctly, due to too much power consumption and other aspects that this wheel base couldn't provide. We tried to make it possible, and it works in many old wheel bases, but in some cases it just doesn't work. Also please note that the V1 is unable to update the firmware of the CSL E RMcL itself. If you want to make use of all functions of the wheel, you'd need to use a different (fully compatible) wheel base to make the update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Must say that this is a really great feature!!
    Both for individuals that can't use their legs, or if ones pedals have broken down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Neo_One

Neo_One New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hallo,
    steht denn schon ein Termin fest für ein Patch damit das CSL Elite Lenkrad McLaren GT3 laufen wird?

Gruß