Bug Timing bug

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jona777, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As I said, saw it on Portimao and I'm trying really hard to remember what class we were driving but I helped myself to 3 White Russians in the meantime....ermmm

But I did some 1:52ish laps, top guys 1:50ish, he did 1:42. But I'm also not sure it's a cheat but rather to do with his hardware maybe? Wouldn't be the first game where some overclocked hardware fucks up the timing and gives a boost.

EDIT: Now I remember, it's got to be DTM '92, remember seeing some TicTacs in my rear view...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I remember Arkanoid became almost impossible to play when we upgraded from a 286 to a 486 nearly 30 years ago. But surely we don't have those problems now though..

Lots of work to be done.. Good luck S3

• Like Like x 2
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I've had first hand experience of this (I think) when Salzburgring was first released, joined a lobby and was amazed to find that I qualified 4 seconds faster than anyone else, come the race though, all lined up, lights went out and we were off. Into the chicane and everyone disappeared I could still see their names and times but at the end of the first lap I was some 6 seconds ahead and from that point my times just kept getting quicker.
    It was a syncing issue, I ran the race again a few days later in the same car and couldn't get anywhere close to what I was doing, very disappointing to realize I wasn't really a driving god lol.

I'll see if I still have the replay,

Edit:
    I no longer have the replay :(

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  4. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    I was also present on this race and I find strange, I think rather to a BUG o_O
    or it is very very strong this gents...:cool:

5. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Checked the replay yesterdayevening of the race on Hockenheim National where this player was and outqualified all with almost 5secs. But he was standing still the whole race so nothing i can see..
    Hopefully a bug..

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It would make sense that it's a syncing issue if he was stood still for the entire race but still said that he enjoyed the racing, if he's seen again, may be worth pointing him towards the forum, he can maybe explain what he saw that way. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i remember PCARS had also a nasty timing bug during development. They got it fixed.
    It was like the timer is running a few ticks slower or with dropouts on e.g. overclocked systems or with special BIOS setting (HPET), which results in faster laptimes. A little bit like a slight "bullet-time-effect". If you would overlay 2 recorded laps you wouldn't see a big difference. Just the time is running different.
    Perhaps something similar exists in R3E.

PS: Could we change the thread title into "Cheat or timebug" and get rid of the player name? Maybe he/she is just a "victim" (or profiteer) of a bug, and don't even know that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Angelos Athan

Angelos Athan Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hello fellow racers. I was scrolling the forums and I saw my name in a really bad post :(
    I am that guy , and I don't know what has happened. If it is a bug , is it a way to fix it? I don't like cheating , I would never cheat .
    As for grip or speed cheats , my grip is normal and speed is not extreme either. Just don't ban me or something. If you help me I can fix this.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I don't think anyone's assuming anything yet. There have been some odd things going on since the patch.

10. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Athan,
    thank you to you to come and talk about all that,;)
    this is most definitely a bug, hope, otherwise you will not you make friends in this world simulation,
    I think this will be resolved very soon :)

11. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    There is another reason for him to be faster, that he's just a hell alot better than you guys. ;)

But I was racing in Pcars waiting for RRE the other day and my computer is not high end exactly but it is fast enough for smoth driving at litle lower settings. I succeded to drive way faster than others on couple tracks and I knew they where better than me 30+ cars. So I figgured it be timedelay and my computer wasn'nt handling so many cars online, do not think it was noticeable localy.
    It is like when you are in a FPS shooting game, if you lagg (high ping against server) you usualy get killed alot, but on some servers your lagg make everyone ellse lagg and you be able to shoot other faster before they see you cos they get your wherabout with time latancy delay.
    Hence that is what I think happend when there are some peps who get litle to fast times on some tracks.. But it's just a theory!

I have not ruled out a cheat when I see almost unnormal fast times, but would like to think we do not accuse someone on guesing and theories before there are some solid evidence on such. ;)

12. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I used to get that badly on BF3 for PS3 but for the opposite reason, blisteringly fast internet was not a good thing on Battlefield 3, they had a "lag compensation" thing which meant if your internet was good, you'd get punished for it, guys from the KSA guys knew it too and ruined matches because of it on european servers.
    Really annoying!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea been there done that to it was HELL! One of the main reason I stoped playing BF3 :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply!
    Have to admit i got quite mad yesterday, what doesnt happen often, seeing the timingscreen. I may not be an alien but i do know limits and this was way above..

Got concerned but happy now to read your post..:hearteyes:

At least u are on this amazing forum now, and my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    True. Had the exact same problem myself. But now I know that Arkanoid is best played on an arcade machine. With a spinner-controller.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear and welcome.
    Are you, by any chance, using overclocked hardware (CPU or GPU)?

17. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Since develpoers so quiet about this issue in this thread, and it seems it is only affecting you atm, could you just do us a favor and contact them directly, explainig the situation. Im pretty sure they are the ones who can solve this weird behaviour, but they will sure need some additional imformation regarding your system specs, internet connection, 3rd party softwares, etc...
    I would really appriciate if you could keep us updated through this thread. Thank you in advance ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    What server did this happen on?

Was it an r3e server or a dedicated server?

I have noticed odd things happen on dedicated servers. My uneducated guess is internet connection to and from the server. So bandwidth, router not good enough.

It might not be a "bug", so when it happens just note if you are on a dedicated server.

19. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I believe to remember it was a dedicated server, not an (RR).. :)

20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I think that is the problem....in my uneducated opinion. :)

• Like Like x 1