Released May 31st - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 31, 2018.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If you look at the Framerates you have in Raceroom and if you look at the Rig you have and compare that to the FPS in AC, you might see the difference.
    The overall quality of VR in Raceroom is very good better that in AC IMHO. But if you compare the Frames of both, you might notice that the result in AC is much more stable than in Raceroom. Without ASW it is pretty difficult to get it running smooth - even on your rig, which can't be better at the moment. You need to reduce some (or better said, alot) eye-candy to get it constantly above 90FPS.
    To be clear, IMHO ASW is working very good with Raceroom - but that can't be the performance-target.
    In Addition - it is not only VR. Triple-Screen-Rigs would benefit, too. And with triples, you don't have a gadget like ASW.

In the current state, Raceroom is not good in utilising multi-cores... It needs good clock-speed on one core to run smooth. But the tendency in Hardware-Design is pretty clear moving to more cores with lower clock-speed per core...

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    And your point is - what? Nobody said he does not want U4E. Its all about a possible shift to a temporary new engine before U4E arrives.

3. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    atleast not you said that... but a few posts before there is someone saying that ;)

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I am not aware that it is not 90 in VR for me in both AC and RR. If there is a drop in RR, I am so far not aware of it. It does not cause me nausea. The lacking locked-to-horizon does not cause me nausea either, but on some tracks, in some phases where the surface is uneven and the camber extreme, I am close to it. Thats why the driving in VR in AC is far more pleasant for me. My use of RR has dropped since I got VR, although in general I like it and also like that, different to AC, the menus are all in VR, too.

ACP is going early access soon. I bet this will reshuffle the cards tremendously. This time they go for VR from all beginning on. In AC, the addition was an improvisation, thats why the menus are 2D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good afternoon, will this possible intermediate upgrade only add graphic improvement or can we expect more things like day / night variation, rain, asymmetric setup, tire temperature and pressure, etc?

Thank you.

6. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Very unlikely...

In that intermediate Engine-Update the focus will be performance and maybe some eye-candy-Stuff that couldn't be released due to performance-issues. Especially day/night and Rain would need much further development in the graphics-engine, that wouldn't make any sense when the switch to a new engine is planed and which delivers support for that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Well, maybe the release of GTR3 is in a far more future, than what has been announced right now.
    Might be a reason to make a short step to an Intermediate engine.
    Half of 2018 has already passed and nothing new but some common words about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    First i was like, why does this have dislikes ? And then i saw the second phrase...
    Also guys. Moving to dx11 isn't about the direct consequences. It's the "support" part. If raceroom phones up htc and tells them they are running dx9 they can't help because it's not supported.
    The idea it seems is if it takes less time to develop a new engine than trying to solve problems in a old one. Unless you are a dev you have NO IDEA what is better. So really we have to trust them on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Now that's a good quote.

On a sidenote, I should look into UE4 and C++ more then.

10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Very wise words, i completely agree with this.

11. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    There shall be devs having no idea either.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    For example I had no idea mentionning we're merely looking into it would explode like it did.

No idea.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    really?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  14. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Moving to UE4 is an excellent idea.
    But first fix and decrease the aggressiveness of the bots please

• Disagree x 7
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  15. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    What i like most in PC2 are the moving little parts in the Cockpit (i drive with the rift). This is very cool and gives a much more realistic feeling ... hopefully in UE4 its possible to see such little things in RRR , too...

16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, I knew. Because this is what always happens. And I really hope I'm proven wrong but I'm also afraid this is going to backfire badly. Like always people will nail you down on what you said, even if it was only announced as something you're only looking into. And then they will start moaning and whining all over the forums why it didn't happen yesterday already.

I've seen it again and again - people even take pure guesswork of other forum members who aren't even devs like it is an announcement set in stone about things to come. People always tend to read stuff into something that isn't really there, but what they whish was there. And because it is what they whish they are very disappointed when their whishes don't come true in the end.

Must be human nature or something...I don't know...:cool:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dzzydzzy

dzzydzzy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    <br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div></div>

Is there a possibility that we will get the DTM cars sometime ?

18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Softie :)

Seriously, after a longer break (building up my new rig lately and sad familiy business intervening over the past weeks) I jumped into DTM 16 and GTO (as two extremes of their era) for some thorough tests and the AI behaviour was excellent - my guess is that most ppl complaining and judging them "bots" are random drivers who actually have not much experience with tough online competitons via community racing for example...cannot speak for all RR series of course.
    But if you expect to be pampered by a super-friendly AI to make you shine under all circumstances (and diff. levels), you definitely have chosen the wrong Sim...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon thanks for the news. And please don't hold back on the news. No matter what people will not be satisfied. I prefer to know what's coming and be able to discuss it. It also create news outside like RD or simpit or whatever and that brings us new drivers to race with. it's great that RaceRoom does the events as they do but it's for the minority of players and won't generate as much revenue as people playing online

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Joseph Mitchell

Joseph Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Could you maybe give us a hint on some of the GT4s that are planned?

P.S Thanks for all of the news you've given us