Next Level Motion Sim V3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blanes, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Smoothchat

Smoothchat New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes I have used it with P3D. I had to modify the script slightly for the cessna vs the pmdg737 otherwise the chair would pitch up while on the ground in the cessna (technically correct, but feels odd).

I just have a simple roll left or right , front or back. No noticeable ground , turbulance or touchdown effect (although that would be nice).

Very small steps are "notchy". I don't know if that can be overcome due to the nature of the hardware.

2. Smoothchat

Smoothchat New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Having the wheel and pedals move with the seat has been found by many,to be nice, but not absolutely essential. You still get a good experience with the V3 with a stationary wheel and pedals.
    The great feature about the V3 is that it only takes up the same space as the seat. Great for cramped spaces.
    20171020_154921.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lasvideo

Lasvideo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use it with the DCS A10C . Its good to hear that other systems get the notchiness. I will explore the Motion Manager controls to see if it can be reduced.

4. Lasvideo

Lasvideo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "No noticeable ground , turbulance or touchdown effect (although that would be nice)."

I use the Jetseat to get all those and more!

andres.shop/jetseat/11-jetseat-kw-908-air.html

5. Lasvideo

Lasvideo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just flew my first flight in the sim cockpit and the combine of the motion platform and jetseat is amazing. The rumble of the jet engines and the bumps from rolling down the runway (jetseat) added to the tilt from a 45 degree break (motion platform) create a real intense immersion. It really enhances the VR experience. Almost to real :)

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    My review of the NLR V3. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  8. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Yep great 'gadget' for us simracers. Nice review! In my (personal) opinion R3E has the best integration with this NLR v3 platform. Don;t get me wrong also the other well known sims are great but for some reason the smallest details are best felt with R3E. Could be placebo?

9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! :)

Thank you! :)
    No, I think you are right. The motion effects feels more pronounced in Raceroom than in other titles.
    I also love the wheel hopping / traction loss effect in Raceroom!

• Like Like x 1
  10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    A vid when it's in use in Dirt Rally. :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Great to see more simracers getting the NL v3. Can you guys share your motion settings for R3E please as I have not felt the wheel hopping traction loss you mention.

Off topic but my problem with R3E is something has dramatically changed in the FFB of R3E since I dont know when cause I didnt play since last year. My Accuforce wheel now feels really awful as the FFB feels slippery or sloppy with no roadfeel and wheel oscillating around the centre which I cannot fix. All other sims feel awesome. Does anyone know what changed ? I deleted profile and made new but same.

12. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It's really awesome!!! :hearteyes::kissingheart:
    The wheel hopping setting is the "Wheel slip effekt intensity" the last setting in the Raceroom profile.

13. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate, can you pls share your settings from platform manager so I can replicate them ?

I hope also that someone knows I a fix for the FFB as it is totally undriveable atm.

14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Sorry it took time to answer, I didn't see a notification for this.. .
    You can see my Raceroom settings in my NLR V3 review a few posts up at: 15:34.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Awesome setup!! :)

17. Doronbh

Doronbh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi man,

We have similar equipment as I also have the NLR v3 and an Accuforce, and I can’t get the settings right on both, so am currently not having much fun really...

Did you manage to get proper FFB settings for both in-gam and the SC4, and for the NLR v3?

Could you please share them if you did?

Thanks!

18. ebjornen

ebjornen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have my NLRV3 for more than a year now, only using Project cars and Accetto corsa. No problems. Two days ago I installer Raceroom. Yesterday one of the arms on NLRV3 broke during intense wheel hopping. So a friendly advice, turn way down this settings!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Really??!! Damnthat's not good!.. :eek:
    Have you been in contact with NLR, and what do they say about it?

Edit: But this is also present in AC if I don't remember wrong?

20. ebjornen

ebjornen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It is bought from a internetshop here in Norway, so I have to ask them after Xmas what to do. If I have to buy a new maybe I will go for this: dofreality #h3