Sale prices !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jul 5, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This pricing scheme at the moment should be a norm !
    I bet you've made more sales in the last few weeks than you have in the last year !
    Keep it this way or have more sales on per year please .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I agree prices are great like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    folks always wait for sales, no matter the base price :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Prices would also be awesome if it was for free!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I'm fine with paying for content ! Just wouldn't mind discounts after spending so much already .

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    One of the premises for me buying into this model was that I'd be given discounts for content added to packs I already own. E.g. I wouldn't have to pay the full price for a new GT3 car if it gets added to a GT3 pack that I already own.

That, as it later turned out, is not the case and you still have to pay the full price and the only time you get a discount is when you initially purchase the specific pack.

This has been the biggest reason why I'm not spending as much money as I could - I personally feel cheated. I know lots of people will jump at me and start saying that it's a business and they need to make money but the way some things are worded are totally misleading.

E.g. the situation I'm in now is - I bought the Premium pack and when some new GT3 cars came out I bought the GT3 pack, which was good because it gave me a discount. Now, I can't buy either of them any more and I'm not getting any further discounts on literally anything. Even the darn skins are full price. Due to that I'm not buying any more VRP points and not planning on doing it either, especially with AC Competizione coming out relatively soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    the question here is: what made you think that it would be that way??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Or during Easter Sale, or Summer Sale, or Black Friday Sale, or Christmas Sale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Does this mean we should all refrain from buying new content until a sale? o_O

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    It's your own choice

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    A pinchpurse like yourself? Definitely. :p

Don't know how you read that out of - or into - my mere stating that there are occasions where additional discounts are offered. I agree with @sbtm , it's up to everyone's discretion to decide if they want or need a given item immediately or if they can restrain themselves for a few weeks and then buy during one of the sales. Both fine by me. ;)

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    but defnitely not what I'm doing. I need these puppies 1 millisecond after the release!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. T@X

T@X Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Exactly ,It's called customer fidelity, let them know you appreciate the business. Not giving them suff for free of course, but a sign of appreciation in a form of a discount for people who gave you their money and endorsement buying ALL YOUR DAMN STUFF(premium and packs). Who is defending this practice is simply missing common sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What practice? Having special sales?

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    no, he's asking for some kind of loyalty discount, which I understand.

If I remember correctly Sector3 thought of a method to get something like this rolling. But never heard of it again and what they decide to do on this.

I personally would like to have a "flatrate" :-D maybe choose a category of which you want to have new items automatically added for a fixed yearly price (or sth like that). Categories like "only cars", "only tracks", "all content", "only touringcars", "only european tracks"... etc

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But a flatrate would only work if there was a predefined amount of new content released each year. Otherwise it would be a two-way gamble in which either side could lose, depending on how much content actually gets released.

I mean we've talked about this many times and I still don't see how they should/could have a reasonable loyalty system. What most people seem to have in mind is a permanent added discount linked to your user account once you've spent x vRP. But which other business does that for end customers?

17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    iracing does :D

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    ...and take that money back from you with their subscription fees. ;)
    (Probably even manifold, also depending on how much content they release each year.)

19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Tell me this though , why is all content on Steam for R3E $161.91 ? yet that is only for some of the content but if i go to the Raceroom store all content is about $88 but yet i just went through my purchases that i bought through the Raceroom store it add up to $128.82 , as i have bought in dribs and drabs , but still have more that needs to be purchased if i want to have it all !

But after adding this up it has made me reconsider purchasing anymore content as this has now become my most expensive game yet and i feel a little remorse knowing i've spent this much on a game that has less playtime than some games that only cost me $30 for all content !

This would be why i would like R3E prices adjusted on how much you've spent ! Maybe get to a point and then content gets cheaper for those people who have spent a certain amount already !

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The biggest issue with the store for me is that with the premium pack with it always getting larger yet staying the same price is a real kicker in the teeth for people that had bought it, but at the same time the same thing happens with most games on steam, with the game getting cheaper as it goes along.
    The second issue I have is the fact that each of the packs has a different discount amount, I think it would be better just to have a flat 25% or 50% on the pack values rather than 73% here and 67% here.