Released 11th July 2018 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 11, 2018.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But before the patch I had to adjust the tire squeal noise with "Abriebgeräusche", which made sense. I had it very low, around 25. After the patch it was very loud again but the slider was still at 25. I put it up and down and no changes. Then I tried the other slider I never used before (it was at 70) and suddenly the tire noise went down.
    So something isn't correct here.
    All cars all tracks

2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    So far, the content that I have tested since this patch is: Twin ring Motegi, Formula Jr, GTR1 Nissan, Koenigsegg and the Ford.
    My TLDR opinion: great physics update, great track, great performance!

On Twin Ring Motegi: The performance is incredible. I have not found a performance issue in VR yet and the track feels amazing. I've gone up to a 20 car grid in GTR1 and didn't really notice a performance decrease with the AI.

On Formula Jr: The new car handling makes me feel a lot more confident, but I know that I can also extract a lot more from it.. I'm not the quickest with it but it's really good. Shifting feels a lot more stable, braking feels a bit harder to get right, but in a good way.

On the GTR1 class: The cars finally feel more stable. I have a little on-throttle oversteer here and there especially in hard accelerating zones, but it's manageable now. It for sure didn't feel like they were before! Handling is so much better!

This has been an amazing patch so far!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, the German descriptions aren't quite right.
    "Abrieblautstärke" (scrub volume) and "Bremslautstärke" (skid volume) are both tyre noise/squeal related settings. "Bremsgeräusche Volume" (break squeal volume) is the one responsible for the brake noise/hiss/squeal.
    But as I said I just now tried them each individually in the public build and they all worked the way they should. @Thomas Jansen confirmed it.
    Maybe you need to reset your sound settings? (Deleting audio_options.xml from documents folder)

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Quick question, weren't the gtr2 phisics going to be updated too?

5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not now. They're being worked on, but it'll take some more time to get them finished and BOP'ed.
    GTR1, Zonda and FR Junior should be able to keep you busy until then. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I love GTR1 but, but, but... we really really want GTR2 :(

Motegi is one of my favorites, asked before many times :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played RR for a few months now, but trying the game today I was met with the worse performance I've ever experienced on this sim. Things like using the "back view" button or even certain corners would trigger huge slowdowns that made the game look like a slideshow for 2 or 3 seconds. It was unplayable :(

It should be said that my PC is kinda of a potato at this point and it'll be replaced later this year, but said potato managed 280 hours of Raceroom without any sort of issue before, and none of my other games/sims have shown any kind of reduced performance. Lowering the graphics settings dint help much, and after reducing the AI cars to a meager field of 10 the problem was still happening, although it was less severe.

Like I said, I haven't played RR in quite some time, so I'm not saying that this issue was caused by this update...

On a more positive note, I did some laps with a few GT1 cars around Laguna Seca for awhile, in solo practice (no issues like this), and this is the first time I've actually had fun driving these cars in Raceroom so it seems like a very good work on the physics update :)

8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Chasing the GT1s around Motegi I noticed that the AI cars were in a pleasantly bad mood looking to start rumbles. Before and behind me, packs of 3, 4, 5 AI GT1sflocked together and nicely took blows and dished out. I mean no collisions, but a real fighting for positions, and plenty of action. I wonder whether this is due to AI tuning in general, or whether the AI and this GT1 class reborn are simply a match of rude brutes deserving each other? :) Don't touch it, I like what I see there! It finally makesd sense to drive these cars. Since years I had them at the bottom of the list. Now: real good fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SimRacer

SimRacer Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Motegi is amazing :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I've just tested the Formula RaceRoom Junior and I like its new physics better, but isn't the FFB very light? With the Nissan GT1 the default 2.2 multiplier feels just fine, but I already increased the value to 5.0 for the FRRJ and it still feels way too light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I am so impressed about this patch!
    Massive improvement!
    Everything I tried so has been changed in better way!
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    It seems to be very sensitive to different FFB settings, for me it was strong enough on default, luckily the FFB multiplier can fix that for everyone individually :D

13. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    :) love the thought of the update but...

:(:(:( I have been having terrible trouble getting the game to start

I've got stuck on the "Starting..." box half a dozen times.

I've managed to make it into the game twice...

First time all the screens / menus were very slow to load then it crashed.

Second time I got to the point of loading a race but it never made it... endless load screen of death. :(

Right now I'm stuck on the "Starting..." box again - been here for about 6-7 mins.

I have verified all my files in Steam and rebooted a couple of times - anyone else having this problem after the update? I can see the guys above in this post haven't been. Anyone else?

help...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  14. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just tried again... all good now.
    I have no idea what the problem was...
    :cool:

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I might. Yesterday Microsoft started rolling out their monthly updates plus a cumulative patch. I was also having trouble during our final tests but realised that my OS was busy downloading and installing those in the background. So I let it finish those updates first and afterwards performance was ok.
    So everybody else experiencing weird performance drops, maybe check if Windows is updating itself.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    This morning updated my R3E library with the missing content :p. The GTR1 updated to current standard of physics... The Saleen which I always loved but hated to race with is a blast to race with. And that GT-R... What a beast! :cool::D

Twin Motegi is also a blast. Fun track, and for beginners I think it’s a superb track to discover racing lines. Easy to “read” track.

And the whole other big list of improvements... It looks so quiet lately, but now we know you worked your asses off. Great job! :cool:

And now I hope someday in the future GT2 will get the same revamp. So my all time favorite BMW M3 GT2 get current physics. Always those whishes you keep having... :p:D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I imagine these kind of cars are light steering, though I haven’t really payed attention to the FFB when I gave them a spin over Motegi. Will take it to the test later today and pay attention to the FFB.

The GT-R on the other hand is a real hand full when it comes to FFB :cool:. You really feel it’s weight. Love it!

18. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Great work on the new sounds for bottoming out. Before this I hardly noticed the car scratching over the road surface, but now I can hear it very clear. Even from the outside. :) Great immersion factor for me!

And this very closely matches what I heard when I was in Oschersleben for GT Masters this year. The BMW M6 were all bottoming out very hard and loud when passing through the chicane before the backstraight. You could even see their bodywork deforming. I was lucky to even capture this in pictures. Here you can see a gap between the hood and the bumper/lights from deformation:

[​IMG]

And on this picture, that was taken only seconds later, the gap is gone, proving that the first picture does not simply show some permanent damage:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    FFB largely depends on vehicle weight, so it's no surprise it is somewhat softer/lighter in this tincan. ;) But this has been noticed during testing as well and afaIk the devs are already considering options how to aid that. (One possible sollution would be to allow a FFB multi >5, but we'll have to wait and see what comes out of it.)
    Out of interest, what's your general FFB strength setting, do you have that on 100%?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Do you mind sharing your graphical settings? I have a similar system but struggle to keep a constant framerate in VR.