OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know if any of the options in the Nvidia Control Panel should be changed?

2. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I leave them at default beside the power usage, I have set it to performance.
    But feel free to test different settings. You can see for yourself if it give you better result or not.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I just have texture set to High quality and MFAA On ! As well as preferred Max performance ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Do you use FXAA as well?

5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    No , that fully blurrs the image and more so in R3E than others imo .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    You can do that, but I’d recommend putting the global steamvr supersampling at 180% and launching directly to vr instead. (No difference other than being able to switch between vr and 2D quickly) You can dig back in this thread to find a long post that I made about my VR settings in raceroom, all focused on performance.

7. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Just took a look but I already have this monitoring off. I only monitoring the FPS so the stuttering in R3E are not caused by MSI Afterburner. At least in my case. Even if I turn off AB I see this stuttering after a few laps...

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Is that only when playing in VR or when playing on monitor, too?

Any other apps running in background? If yes, close everything which isn‘t really needed for playing raceroom and try again.

10. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I have an almost empty win10 installation. Nothing in the background beside the needed things.
    It is in VR indeed. Will test some more tomorrow

11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  12. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    kinda embarrassed here. I went to the first post in this thread and tried to set up my new samsung hmd odyssey as per suggested.
    first catch after digging into the steam folder for the rre64 program, right click on it.... I look into the properties and there is no Set Launch Options... Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

13. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    You find the Launch Options in Steam. There go to you Game-Library, search for Raceroom an right-click on the Properties there.
    But with the latest Update, there is no need to set launch options for VR in Raceroom. It is now added as option to steam, so you can directly start is from Steam in VR-Mode.

14. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    hmmm. ok. I have some hardware issues to do. I have only 1 hdmi and my monitor is on it right now. Steam vr does not see my hw yet. Thanks very much for the info, helped to clarify somethings here on my end.

15. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, but do you have Display-port or DVI as an alternative on your Graphicscard? If yes, you can mount your monitor on that and use HDMI for the Headset...

16. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, I do have a 1080 card I bought but never hooked up. I was curious if it would work on the older 980 board. I have a couple projects in front of this to do. Than I'll get back to it, I was hoping it would be plug and play, even if only at low rez...

17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    What ........!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I think I have both on the card, not sure about the monitor, it an older flat screen tv. I know it has HDMI. I'll check it out later when I get back tonite.

Thanks for the help

19. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    :)
    As you get.older and the memory becomes less than what it was, you will understand. One of those new nvidia gtx1080 graphics cards I bought it a awhile back, never installed it.
    Might add one of the curved flat things too:):p

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Medi

Medi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I had a weird bug. The placements and respective time intervals of the other drivers at the top of the bar were white and really good to see in VR. Has anyone ever had that? And how can I do it again? :(

• Like Like x 1