GT4 in the future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NO2_regiert_die_Welt, Jul 22, 2018.

1. NO2_regiert_die_Welt

NO2_regiert_die_Welt New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    since we got the Cayman GT4 I was wondering if we will get someday more GT4 cars. Maybe after WTCR cars? :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The Cayman GT4 is not actually a GT4 spec car. While it may have the name GT4, it's a single make cup car.

However they are working on a KTM X-Bow GT4 car and have said they want to get more GT4 cars before they release it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Old story, for my part pls yes! And these are my top GT4 cars:

• Like Like x 4
  4. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I was at limerock racetrack this weekend, fun time. Imsa Weather tech series/ continental tire sportscar series.
    The gs class is similar to gt4 class, they have a great assortment of cars
    Mercedes amg
    Porsche Cayman gt4
    Mclaren gt4
    Mustang gt4
    BMW m4 gt4
    Audi rs3 gt4
    Awesome race to watch, very competitive, came down to pit strategy for the winning Mercedes amg over the Porsche Cayman gt4. I would really enjoy a series of cars along this line. Lots of bumper to bumper racing

• Like Like x 2
  5. NO2_regiert_die_Welt

NO2_regiert_die_Welt New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It may is a single make cup car but it is racing in the GT4 series so something like that would be nice and the KTM X-Bow GT4 is getting worked on since 1998 so I wonder when we will get that thing ;)

But its nice to see some more people are interested in that.

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yes it does, but it's not really the one we have in the game.
    The "Cayman GT4 Clubsport" we have in the game doesn't race in the GT4 series. The one that races in the GT4 series is the "Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR". It is the Cayman GT4 Clubsport with a GT4 homologation-package provided by Manthey Racing.
    Here's a document which shows the different/changed components in the GT4 package: https://www.manthey-racing.de/KTLG_2016_11_MR_SOND_981GT4CSMR_Broschuere-Porsche-GT4Clubsport-MR.pdf Focus on point 2 and 3 in this document.

Generally spoken (not adressed to you):
    Most people assume that it races the GT4 because it has the GT4 in the name. The car is called Cayman GT4 and it nothing to do with being homologated for the FIA GT4 class. Same with the Porsche 911 GT3 and Porsche 911 GT2 (RS). It's just their names. So please don't confuse it with a racing class :)

Sector3 would have to present us a quite different Cayman from the existing one for the GT4 class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Also FYI they were thinking about making the "german nationals" cars gt4 spec cars. I'm 100% down for that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In case of the Cayman GT4, the car it self isn't that much different to the Cup-Car we have at the moment. In fact, to buy the homologation-package from Mantey you would need to have the cayman clubsport before. Some parts are simply getting exchanged as there are some more safety-regulations. In addition a few more parts for Suspension and a new rear-wing... Funny thing - the wing from the car we have in game looks a bit like the one from the GT4 MR - same with the steering-wheel.

9. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    https://european.gt4series.com/gb_en/cars

10. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    And the new alpine A110 Gt4 for french gt4 serie and belgium gt4 serie rf1_img_news_07873.jpg PCB_2018_Accueil_000000000015.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's the exact same car I was talking about.

Yes, that's what I tried to say. The GT4 CS we have in the game is not allowed to race in the GT4 series. It simply needs the MR kit that changes 13 parts of the car to homologate it for the GT4 class. https://www.manthey-racing.de/KTLG_2016_11_MR_SOND_981GT4CSMR_Broschuere-Porsche-GT4Clubsport-MR.pdf
    I don't know why this has to be discussed :D It's simply two different cars in the end. (The CS MR being 100kg lighter than the normal CS)

12. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
  13. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I think GT3s are sleep inducing, so I can't imagine racing these.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    For everybody who wonder about the Cayman GT4 CS and the GT4 Class.

Actually there are also Porsche 911 GT3 and GT3 Cup, which are homologated for the GT4 Class, although they are named GT3 and GT3 Cup.

• Like Like x 1
  15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    How so ? I'm not a big fan of them- like the GT1 much more now, but sleep inducing ?