Problem Massive FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kL1ck, May 14, 2018.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I was referring to whether there's info regarding the differences between the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version. :)

2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Well, noticed that some of us getting that kind of stutter like I did (that only happened with the 64bit executable) seemed to be running MSI Afterburner. So I tried playing single player without it...and sure enough, no stutter manifested in well over an hour of single player racing. So it seems there's some kind of issue that manifests itself only when running 64bit version of the game with Afterburner...

I guess I'll just go to 32bits for now, since I would hate to give up using Afterburner.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    There's a post going round that its the "power" monitoring of MSI AB thats causing the stutter !
    Im not playing Sims till my Base returns but have just unenabled power in AB options anyway .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I read that as well. Will try this today when it will not be to hot. We have a very warm period here in the Netherlands atm. 30degrees celius and up.. so perhaps I leave it for what it is today.

See underneath,

• Like Like x 1
  5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Can you clarify exactly what's disabled with regards to power, in the graph you mean? If so, I've never displayed/monitored Power stats in the graph, but did have the issues before. If you mean elsewhere, pls advise where and how to disable it.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    The post above yours is what i have read and acted upon ;)

7. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I have this same problem. Not running MSI Afterburner here, still on Windows 7 with automatic updates disabled and no difference between 32 or 64 bit.

Driving solo hotlaps is fine, but racing agaisnt AI eventually turns into a slideshow. Not immediatly, it starts with a few drops here and there, but it gets worse and worse the longer the race goes on. Only started having this problem some time this year, but no other game as shown any drops, only RRE.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    That's some new insight, as most of us who've experienced it had MSI AB running when it happened. Any of you who've experienced it noticed the shortest time before it happened? Or did it take you several laps before getting the slideshow?

9. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    For me it is after an x amount of laps. Last time it was after 20min of racing I think. Practice, qualifying and race. First session went ok, second session of P,Q,R it went wrong at The qualifying laps. First a few FPS drops and a couple of laps further it felt down to a slide show. I cancled the race and closed R3E.
    This has begun after the latest update.

I have almost everything on High/ultra and turned on the ASW so I have a steady frame rate of 45 in the rift.

10. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Take a look at this the vid underneath. This is after 10min of racing (Practice) Strange thing is that the FPS counter, on the bottom right, still shows 45 FPS.. Ingame it is more of a slight show. It will only resolve itself by restart the game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Driving with VR: Use only the FPS counter impemented to the oculus software (if using oculus)
    Best is to install "Oculus Tray Tool"
    I think, other FPS tools could behave strange because your picture is on the rift.

12. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but that is not the gamebraker. If I do not load a FPS counter it also occurs.

13. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    But the program runs in the background?

14. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    no it does not. I kill the most processes when I do not need it. An old habit from the time I was an IT guy. lol

EDIT: But I killed Afterburner and I must say, since then I did not see major FPS drops. Just did a 2x 10 min session and 10 laps race , Practice, Qualify, Race. No major FPS drops thus far. Perhaps it is AfterBurner After all. Could be luck, could be because it mostly starts after a 2nd session and not in the first one. Need to examine further.

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    What software was displaying the FPS stats at the bottom-right corner?

16. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Could everyone that has this problem with reported fps being normal but the game being a slideshow report their wheel, pedals etc they use? It may be related to this

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Mine’s in my sig. Thanks

18. Olijke Poffer

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Mine is my sig as well :D but I’m using a Thrustmaster T150 atm with the T3PA and TH8A pedals and Shifter.

19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Could you please provide game logs of a session in which this happened, plus the controller profile you used?
    Logs are stored in ...Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log
    Controller profiles are stored in ...Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Oh and does FFB cut out or stop entirely when the issue starts happening?

• Like Like x 1
  20. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    T300
    T3PA
    TH8A

Again, no MSI Afterburner running here.

Also, I notice that if I press ESC when the slideshow starts and immediatly resume the session everything is back to normal speed... for awhile.