Any DD/Servo wheels out there on R3E (AF, OSW, Bodner)??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by switchface, Nov 18, 2015.

1. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    @Georg Ortner, thanks I've watched all of Gamer Muscle's videos, but in my experience, OSW/MMOS settings tend to be very different than Accuforce/SimCommander settings.

With that being said, would you mind sharing your motion settings for your seat? I've got everything turned down quite a bit on my Stage 4+, but I wouldn't mind comparing to someone like yours given your knowledge.

2. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm interested in accuforce users thoughts on foundation mode. I'm going DD very soon and the idea of raw telemetry sent straight to the wheel really intrigues me. Seems this is the way it should always be done.

3. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I posted something in the SimXperience Owner's Forum about the recent ISRTV review on the Accuforce v2, as John said that due to Sector3 working with SimXperience the Foundation mode was ideal. Berney confirmed that this was said 'backwards' - Foundation mode is great for games with horrible FF, as it takes the data and interprets it itself. Because S3 and SimXperience worked together on the FF, then normal mode is ideal and should be preferred.

• Like Like x 1
  4. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm still confused a bit as he says in the review that he loves Raceroom in foundation mode. So does he have his settings backward or is he saying it backwards?

5. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    A few people seemed to think John simply said it backwards, as his line of reasoning is correct if he reversed the modes he referred to (i.e. he was backwards). However, according to Berney, he said some people (specifically mentioned Sean Cole and iRacing) actually preferred Foundation mode, which he thought was odd as its only intended for games with poor FF. Berney said he would definitely go with GameFF.

6. John Brandow

John Brandow Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much. I need to update my rig first then I think I am set on getting the accuforce.

7. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    can someone help me please.
    just curious, do you guys know what to change in FFB settings when feels dead or no force/ resistance at low speed/ turning gear 1 and just slow moving vehicle, as if no FFB is on...but at higher speeds, turns, rumbles and kerbs all feels great really. (am on OSW)
    I have steering rack intensity at 100.

my settings OSW (SimQuip.net) MiGE 130ST-M10010 + IONI Pro HC

here are the RCS file details for my controller setup:
    MMos ForceFeedback 2014.jpg
    R3E (1).jpg
    R3E (2).jpg
    R3E (3).jpg
    R3E (4).jpg
    R3E (5).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. andrescastaned

andrescastaned New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you using the simucube firmware?
    If so... that behavior happens also in other games. I have read that there is a kind of bug. Question: with those settings do you feel the road texture in the straights?

9. DubChain

DubChain Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody use SimuCube firmware? I think it broke RR. I can't even feel engine vibes anymore. I'm using 0.8.3

10. andrescastaned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was using the new firmware (all versions) but I had the same problem and decided to go back to MMOS. It worked in all other sims but with Raceroom it's completely numb.

11. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Anyone got the ’road texture’ working in R3E? I have been driving F1 2017 and there I really do feel the texture of the road, but not in Raceroom. I am disappointed. :(

I have heard iRacing have great DD support and sadly I think I am forced to leave Raceroom for iRacing if there is no solution for this.

12. andrescastaned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Vantskruv.
    Same issue here with my OSW. In hopping the November update of the game fixes it.

13. bluey2444

bluey2444 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have an update on this? I've only used simucube and the FFB from RR isn't great.

14. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    What is the best choice?
    Sim-plicity SW7C+, 7Nm with 8million encoder or SW10C 10Nm with 20 000cpr?

15. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    While getting closer to the switch to OSW, repeating questions that were asked before (without conclusive answers so far), is there a way to get decent FFB in RaceRoom ?
    Asking this because I already contacted some friends and found out they did not drive in R3E any more, because they can't get their OSW sets to work properly, while they feel they have excellent results in other sims... ?
    Even the guy from whom I ordered my new steering wheel seems to have the same experience...

16. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

the question is, what do you want to feel?

17. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Well, one of the guys lost most of the feedback in R3E since last May (so he said).
    I certainly don't want that.
    Atm, my FFB settings for the Fanatec V2 are pretty good.
    I hope the OSW will be even better, but the more I read, the more I see issues with R3E, hence my interest.

18. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    the problem is that you always, after an update:mad:, you have to look back for the sweetspot, beyond that I do not really have a problem, make sure the FFB is not too high that is all;)

19. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    So, point is to keep notes of the settings, because they get reset after each update, or is it that the FFB settings need other values after updates ?

20. bluey2444

bluey2444 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Based on my experience the FFB with R3E is rubbish with the OSW. Upgrading to the OSW has been worth it as iRacing and rf2 are fantastic. Hopefully one day Granite and Sector3 can get together and sort this out.

• Informative Informative x 1