GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    You mean Ian Bell? :D

2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    That is a bit too drastic conclusion. They will not just burn money, they wouldn't have entered this project without some path for content as competition would always been likely. There are other series...

3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That is my big hope :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As for the first part, those are the big unknowns so far, and why I said as an investor you'd want (and would) know such details before the public does. And the drifting part... I mean you can catch slides in those titles for all I know. But I always understood it that the devs mold the engine and what they get out of it to meet their needs, so if they want to do a game about racing cars, drifting isn't really a big part of that because those cars are built to go around a corner the quickest way, which isn't sideways (in circuit racing).

Sure, I wouldn't mind some news about GTR3 either, but they've always said that will come once there's enough to justify sharing it. AfaIk they aimed at having a first (internal) playable in the second half of 2017 and releasing something in 2018. Now the year is still young, so there might be some surprise eventually.
    Just because they announced sth doesn't really mean much tho. I think it is more about the execution, and just because it's Kunos making those anouncements, that's not a guarantee for anything. That's why I don't quite understand the underlying tone of "now that Kunos announced that they want to do this and that, what can Simbin (or any other dev) counter with to top that". Like I said, there's enough possible variety, even if from a technical (feature) viewpoint the two titles would turn out to be on par.

I also don't quite get the fuzz about the Blancpain license being secured by Kunos now. Have they mentioned that it's an exclusive deal? (I really don't know, all I read was ACC will be "the official BP game", but that doesn't mean anything in terms of licensing cars and tracks.)
    And even if that'd be the case, all of a sudden people seem convinced that a standalone title needs a flagship series, but at the same time they say that Assetto was a successful game, and that didn't really have any drawing card series, just like many other successful racing titles, including the most successful one.

@sbtm no comment. ^^

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I've heard people who seem to know a thing or two about iRacing say that iR is keeping their Blancpain licensing and still going to run blancpain series. Who really knows though?

Personally, while I like GT3's, Blancpain doesnt have all that many tracks I love... and 1 class of car isnt usually my cup of tea.

WEC would be a far more massive boon if someone could secure its licensing.

Sportscars and prototypes. Except, you know, 'real' sportscars... not these 'gentlemen driver' sportscars meant to be driven by an old rich guy just because he can. *shots fired* Time for me to head for the hills again :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, no Nordschleife, what kind of a racing sim is that s'posed to be, eh? ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    There's an ITW of Kunos on RD.net about ACC and they talked about the licensing deal.
    At first it was going to be a traditional licence deal from Kunos, but it evolved in a more partnership way. Allowing Kunos to have access to the teams and their datas.

Not saying if it's a exclusive deal (Don't think so, otherwise I think they would have already mention it), but they said they have the full series for 2018 (sprint and endurance series, all tracks, all cars) for 2018 and will have it for 2019 season too.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Based on the information we have at the moment, it is a bit to early for this discussions.

GTR3 has a planed release for 2018, ACC will start early access in Summer 2018 - Full release unknown. GTR3 will be a cross-plattform-title, ACC only PC - Steam with a little chance on a Console-Port in future (depends on the ongoing development I guess).
    GTR3's Content is unknown yet - ACC will be centered around Blancpain and at the moment it doesn't look that it will be more than that.

According to the visuals - we haven't seen anything from GTR3 yet. The first Previews from ACC shows nice car-details on one side, but very few things about the surrounding as in most pics it is very dark and shows the (pretty good looking) Lightning- and Rain-Effects...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That's the big difference, Kunos at least announced something. Simbin only stated their intent of making a game named GTR3 using UE4 engine - how long ago? 2 years? Nothing has been heard or seen ever since that first announcement. Neither does that raise interest from my side nor certainly any trust.
    All new cars in Raceroom have the Blancpain number plates and windowbanners removed and replaced by Raceroom. Just counting 1 + 1 together here.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Don't know (Irony ?). Presentation looks amazing, but any presentation does nowadays (the victory of form over substance to make money and even more money with tons of eye candy) GTR3 now needs to come up with something more than ever.
    And still loving RRE I'm surely not alone waiting for an all-in-one Simpack in the tradition of GTR...in competition with stuff like PC2...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I agree with @Don Rudi because the main reason: no communication whatsoever. Who knows it does include Blancpain since Kunos already announced it will not run the full field. And I would doubt they hold an exclusive license for Blancpain.

But if GTR3 would be soley based on WEC and ELMS you won’t hear me complain. But ‘till now we still don’t know anything. Hopefully it will not end into “could’ve been” vaporware.

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    the Blancpain liveries in raceroom now have a raceroom windshield banner instead of the blancpain banner.. and the number plate too. So if that's not a hint for an exclusive blancpain license for kunos....

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I didn’t noticed that. Hmm, that’s then 1-0 for Kunos I guess :openmouth:. That makes me even more curious which way GTR3 is heading and if it’s not becoming vaporware, again :confused:.

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    ssshhhh.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
  16. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the windshield, it looks more like the Ferrari or the Acura.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Is that the rear wing?

[​IMG]

If so, what other more cars have the rear wing like that?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Acura imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings: