Any DD/Servo wheels out there on R3E (AF, OSW, Bodner)??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by switchface, Nov 18, 2015.

1. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I have the accuforce wheel. For me some class cars ar great others not so.

2. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    I also have an Accuforce and Sector3 reportedly were sent an Accuforce by Simxperience. Yet still the FFB is a mixed bag but overall is only just ok when it could be so much better. In fact going back over a year ago it actually was quite good but somehow amongst the updates it got botched. This suggests those updates were not properly tested with the AF wheel (if at all) and this is most likely what happened too with the OSW.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    AF here as well. The default profile for AF was wrong for curb and slip behavior in my opinion but I can change that in the controller file.

Overall other seems do DD wheels much better though. I would love to see a better response. Seems like adding 2% friction helps but it’s still not great

• Like Like x 1
  4. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Yes
    The problem is in the reading of the data up and down Example: you drive over a curb you have to feel the rubbing in your steering wheel, yes! at the DD wheels the encoder reads a left and right movement so he sends a signal to the game so that he can steer left and right, which is not the intention of course. the higher the FFB for this the worse the experience and so I can continue for hours. But about everything there is a logic I drive for almost 2 years now with an OSW and have only had a problem twice with RR it took me a few hours to understand where the problem was

5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, but the "yes" leaves me a bit unsure:
    - keep notes of the settings, because they get reset after each update, (using the same values as before) or
    - FFB settings need other values after each update (as in different values than the ones used before the update) ?
    ;)

6. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

sometimes you can use the settings from before, but the FFB does not have to be changed much, the problem (which I do not have) is that you always have to look for the correct settings or sweet spot

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. bluey2444

bluey2444 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can you share your settings?
    As I've tried everything and RR FFB is bad with simucube. Sure you can feel all the bumps and ripple strips but you don't know what the car is doing. The FFB just feels like you're winding up a spring.

8. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

I can certainly do, but then you will have to be patient, I have broken my heel and ankle and I am already stuck in a wheelchair for 3 months, I hope to be back in my rig in the month of August. I think there will be a lot of updates since I've been out for 3 months ;);)

9. bluey2444

bluey2444 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No worries, sounds like a motorbike injury. I broke my Talus bone. Took a long time to heal.

10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Oops, not so good... beterschap dan maar ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    yes the doctor spoke for 1 year, so I said no way :confused::confused::confused::p:p:p
    Thx Buddy ;) ...... zal ik zeker doen lol :):):)

• Like Like x 1
  12. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    to come back to this here an example of me set-up for the BMW 235i racing car set-up default the rest of the settings in game are the most natural feelings

Keep in mind that it is different for every car, I will come back later for this 20180808001526_1.jpg 20180808001539_1.jpg 20180808001543_1.jpg 20180808001615_1.jpg 20180808001618_1.jpg Mmos seting.PNG , when I am completely recovered from my foot fracture

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Wow... I hope that is only the FFB multiplier that has to be changed ?

14. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

as I said, there are things that are different per car, but I'll come back to that later;)
    Try to feel this first, and then you will quickly understand how the rest works:)

15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Will do. Still waiting for my SSRG wheel (I had to have a rim that was not in stock).

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Doronbh

Doronbh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Any chance of getting Accuforce settings for both game and SC4? I am struggling and having zero fun at moment.

Thanks

17. G.Deurwaerder

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    If I remember correctly, the Sector3 boys have an Accuforce, maybe they can help

18. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I am also looking for one dd wheel... but where do I start?

1 for me the ffb does not have to be so heavy, well all very precise road feeling is important for me
    2. At this time accuforce v2 with the summer18 code sounds good. But is this product good? Between osw??
    3. Does anyone a link.. for a good packaging plug and play system. Or what of quick release I must buy for a Osw wheel to buy fanatec custum wheels in the shop. I like the wheels of fanatec no doubt!
    4 what is the different between accuforce v1 and v2..???

I come from g27 and I want something for the future, I am also thinking for fanatec 2.5 base with wheel...pendals the whole pack. But i can do just as well with that monney to dd wheel bullet proof.

Grtzz muzikant

19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @muzikant
    why don't you wait for december when Fanatec's Podium Series come out (two DD Wheels)

You can get an OSW Simucube package at www.simracingbay.com where you can also choose a Fanatec adapter. But you still need a fanatec conversion kit like the one from www.simracingmachines.com (either the wheelside conversion https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/fanatec-conversion or the base side conversion kit https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/custom-made-fanatec-conversion-kit )

The upcoming DD Wheels from Fanatec will also be compatible with custom wheels (there will be an official adapter).

I too have to make a decision what DD wheel I will get. I'm between OSW or Fanatec Podium DD1 ... the (big) OSW is almost 500€ more expensive for me (the small OSW only costs 80€ less) than the DD1. But custom wheels are also like two times as expensive as Fanatec wheels. So with an OSW setup (which is not just "plug'n'play like the DD1 will be) I would spend much more money (as I plan to use custom wheels). We have to wait for december when the first serious reviews of the DD1 and DD2 base from Fanatec come in. Then I can make a final decision.

If YOU can't wait so long you probably should go for the OSW Simucube

20. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Interesting sbtm.. thanks for the help!
    December is a long time to go.... maybe they have no stock anymore at that time. I think a lot people go for the fanatec..dd
    And I must wait for juni 2019...when it is sold out! ?? That is my opinium. And how good in years quality is there servo motor from fanatec?
    Questions...vs questions