FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Nice!
    Three things I see and would comment.

1. Minimum Force should be at 20% on your wheel. 30 is a bit high
    2. Steering rack is 0 or 100 are my findings. Some love it, others don't but between that it's real muddy
    3. Collision Effect at 200 is real impressive. If you collide with a car it will take your hands off^^ I have it at 10 or 20, don't really know.

So thats only my opinion. the rest seems good. Feel free to check my findings. Could be, that you are more happy or not :)

2. marcos1988

marcos1988 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've altered the settings for minimum force to 20%, can you explain why 30% is high on my wheel? Steering rack feels better with 100% thanks for the tip ;-)

I always thought that Collision at 200% was a standard value, changed that to 20%, seems fair enough :)

I'll alter the original post with the new values! Thanks again

3. marcos1988

marcos1988 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And previous post editing seems not possible so I'm not altering the initial post...

4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    The Min Force setting says that the game boost every low FFB effect to minimum 30 percent of the highest value.
    So driving on a track every little bump gives you minimum 30 percent effects. This is way too much. So you can't seperate between light forces or harder forces. 20 is high enough. Some other wheels could handle 1 % setting so you have way finer feedback. This is a thing you could try. With setting at 30 you always feel a hard wheel. With 20 it's a bit lesser. Other says, Logitech can handle 6-7 Percent. So you can try this out, whats your taste.

5. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Can anybody recommend settings for my Fanatec CSW v2.5? I see a lot of clipping. How can I reduce it a bit?

6. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Force Feedback Intensity: 100%
    Smoothing: 0%
    Force Feedback Spring: 0%
    Force Feedback Damper: 0%

Steering Force Intensity: 50%
    Force Feedback Minimum Force: 0%
    Understeer: 50%
    Vertical Load: 50%
    Lateral Force: 50%
    Steering Rack: 0%

Slip Effect: 0%
    Engine Vibrations: 0%
    Kerb Vibrations: 20%
    Shift Effect: 30%
    Collision Effect: 50%

This is what I use, the physics developer @Alex Hodgkinson recommended these settings and I really like them :D The effects are up to preference mainly.

This is for a CSW V2.5, it works for other wheels too, but you'll have to adjust the overall strength. The best way to do this is by leaving force feedback intensity at 100% and changing steering force intensity, understeer, vertical load and lateral force together. All on 100% for a G29 for example. the minimum force also requires some tweaking per wheel, often higher on worse wheels.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  7. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. Will test these settings.. :D

8. ChristianKA

ChristianKA New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thomas,

I tried your settings with my v2.5.
    I tested it with e30 and Camaro gt3 but I can't feel much. Steering is very easy and I can't feel any understeer. Is there a value missing?

Thank you

Christian

9. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Make sure your fanatec wheel settings are default and the car specific ffb multiplier is on default (car setup > steering settings)

If that still doesn’t work for you you can up the car specific multiplier to increase ffb strength. Or your ffb preference is just very different :D In which case I’m afraid you’ll have to find your own ideal settings.

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    While at it, @Thomas Jansen, regarding steering animation, what does 'match setup' do, and how does it differ from custom? I'm guessing the former is automatic per car (but animation didn't seem to follow what I see on screen).

11. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Really fast drivers tend to use weaker ffb to be faster. Makes it easier to counter steer if needed

12. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    yeah match setup is supposed to match the in-game wheel rotation to your real life wheel and automatically adjusts for whatever steering rotation you have set for a specific car. Unfortunately it doesn't always work, likely because drivers override the steering rotation that r3e sets or something like that. If the match setup option doesn't work you should just always use the same rotation in your driver and in-game (540 is a good base) and use the custom option on that same rotation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I don't consider myself as a "really fast driver" but a strong FFB helps a lot for counter steer, as the FFB does almost all the job by itself. :)
    But a good FFB setup is required, the default one was just horrible to me, it was sending lot of forces even when nothing relevant was happening to the car.

14. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhh.... shut up you fast fuck your always 0.5s - 1.0s faster than everone else on track ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  15. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    But on some competitions I'm still one second slower than the leader, so maybe I'm a fast driver but not a really fast one. :p :D

16. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, with lighter ffb you can feel everything better and react quicker.
    The same applies to the real car.You can feel everything better, through your fingertips.
    Squeezing hard the wheel is wrong.

17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    on any paddle shift cars , especially those that dont have a full wheel i set to 540 as this is the point basically where i can go no further without my wrist breaking , and letting go of the wheel isnt something its designed for at high speeds

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I still haven't worked out the meaning of those downward spikes in the FFB meter. Any suggestions? (It might be Raceroom's dismay at my poor driving...)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I don't see what you're talking about. o_O

Strong/light is very subjective. Maybe what I call "strong" is what you call "light". :)

By "strong FFB" I don't mean the wheel is hard to turn in normal conditions, but that the maximum FFB I can feel (when car is under heavy forces) uses almost all the wheel strength. Light forces on the car -> light FFB, heavy forces -> strong FFB.
    Like it I feel the details, if I make FFB lighter I just miss data on car behavior. :)

20. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I'm just curious why these "spikes" drop below the minimum FFB so sharply. :confused: I'd like to know what they are. :)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.