Known Issue Current Major Issues in RaceRoom

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    me too :D

2. berti1

berti1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After Update will not start. If the racing wheel is connected to the game freezes. If you are not connected you can also drop the crash error !!

Attached Files:

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem in a online dedicated server standing start non multiclass WTCC race at Zandvoort. Could not shift past 1st for about 10 seconds. Due to this half the field was wrecked at the start.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Can you guys confirm whether you are still experiencing the blank white menu issue after getting this latest hotfix patch?

The potential fix is something we haven't been able to confirm because we haven't been able to reproduce the issue ourselves so I would appreciate some updates from you gents.

Thanks.

5. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No. But I have a blank black screen if you are intersted.

6. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    No, still got a black loading screen then, klick on it i got animated menu background and no buttons to klick but menu still work invinsible. I am preparing a video showing what I see starting up one practice session then trying to quit.
    ( I have to force close it )

And I might add I did remove program totaly even user data everything and reinstalled it again so it is not configured at all no difference, so problem can't be in saved user data setup.. :/

;)

7. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0

OK here is a video of game loading , this is what I see. bare with it it is alot of black but it's coming.. look to the end and you see what happend there ;) Realy hope this can shead somlight for you guys to solve this ;)

Now I am of to the bar and get me a beer or more... have a great evening/night!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Sonny Kanchin

Sonny Kanchin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    +1 I have the exact same issue as in the video above.

Hope this helps even more:

I am running Surround 5760 x 1080 - , change resolution to single monitor 1080p but no avail.

My OS is Windows 10 , 64 bit - latest preview build 10130.

Nvidia GTX 780 in SLi , Driver version: latest WHQL 353.84

None of the potential ALT+TAB, task manager etc workaround work. Just that black screen and then the white splash screen and nothing else.

If I ALT TAB out of it (Only works in Windowed mode, which I managed to activate by editing the graphics .xml file in Docs) nothing happens still.

Initially I thought this is just a windows 10 issue.. but looks like there is something else going on. The Nvidia driver? the Web interface? what else ! aaaah , and its the long weekend here in Australia. great.

btw, in Windows 10 you don't even get any any crash dump error , or exception errors or any kind .

------------------------

The task manager shows rre.exe process using no CPU, but only memory seems to be used.

The other processes active are the web browser 32 bit ones (actually two of these show up )

EDIT _ attached my entire LOG folder. Hope it helps. Happy to help.

Regards
    Sonny

Attached Files:

• Log.zip
      File size:
      130.6 KB
      Views:
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting this issue too. Cannot get into the game right now.

Edit: In now.

10. Mikael Hermansson

Mikael Hermansson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Did things work fine for you in Windows 10 before the patch? Same Windows 10 build and everything?

11. Sonny Kanchin

Sonny Kanchin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately when I upgraded from Windows 8.1 x 64, I did not re-install the game and play it till the patch :(

btw do you see anything in my logs that might be causing it?

I play a lot of other games too.. like iRacing, PCars, Rfactor2 and they have no problems

edit: btw I am also RRE beta member - have the WIP game in my steam library, but its not installed, should I try download that and see? not sure if it works so haven't tried that.

12. PANOSDIMP

PANOSDIMP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have exact the same problem and the only solution was to start the game with logitech profiler but then another old problem poped up my steering wheel stops at 180 degrees and the game is unplayble.

13. Darren OBrien

Darren OBrien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a issue just now of Going from Quali to Race..
    On the Grid ready to go, couldnt select any gear ?

14. Sonny Kanchin

Sonny Kanchin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    update:

I just updated my Windows 10 build to version 10135 and copied all the same steam files/settings over but this time I launched the game in Full screen and it is working !

- the steam launch parameter is still using -cefNoGPU though, dont want to change it to nothing and test for fear of having to reboot again if it doesn't work lol

finally !

15. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    which wheel you use?

16. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I lost all my stats in my profile. Them start all over in the begining. Basic statistics 3 laps. User profile show that i have played 1 hour. Steam show that i have played 29 hours.

17. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Same here, game says couple hours steam says 322hours... :/ all stats are gone ?!?

18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I've read a Post from Sonat here, that they have to remove the Stats due to some performance-issues on Server-Side... They know about it and will bring them back as soon the issues are solved. The new Stat-Data will be added to the older one...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kevin Rötting

Kevin Rötting Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I have a problem regularly in standing start (multiplayer) I can't start after the green light in the 1st gear. Then If i go shift to the 2nd gear my car suddenly it goes forward. If this happens, it ruined my race every time. Very frustrating. @Jona777 have also this problem sometimes.

Wednesday and Saturday i have inportant races. Touringcar Masters and TCOne Series WTCC. I'm afraid for this problem

20. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have had this only in the r32 (have you tryed turing off auto clutch just for the start [f5])