Accuforce Pro V2 settings - Oscillations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Michael Jeffries, Aug 10, 2018.

1. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Worst scenario is you add the game effects that you enjoy.
    Also don't forget to adjust the Fbb multiplier in the setup menu. I find most of the cars I drive I set to 1.3-1.8.
    Looking forward to giving Mike setup a shot. I upgraded my graphics card the other day to an nvidia foundation 1080 gfx, which required a new graphics driver... which balked and complained about the version of Windows I was at... so I had to upgrade that... which killed my usb Wi-Fi card,
    So I'm waiting on the new one... no racing or new vr glasses till than

2. Doronbh

Doronbh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sucks...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doronbh

Doronbh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I usually find this method of driving faster too...

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Just a heads up. I use the default car ffb multiplier for all cars except the open wheel cars including the radical. Those are all too light to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doronbh

Doronbh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Using your suggested in game settings, mainly the Slip, I have lowered it to the point of no mid turn oscillation.. awesome tip.
    However, I now lost some feeling of mid turn under steer due to the wheel maintaining the same weight throughout the corner.
    Any word on that?

6. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Had a chance to play with the settings more today. Here's my latest. i think this is the best i've found so far. Accuforce V2.

SC4 Settings:
    Wheel Mode: Default
    Game FFB: 95%
    Game FFB Smoothing: 21.18%
    Accuforce Friction: 0.39%

My in-game profile and settings are attached. I've edited the slip and curb vibrations to be correct now (default was not working correctly). Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

7. Doronbh

Doronbh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mike,

Great to have you tinkering with the settings too...

I will give it a go soonest.

Where do I place the file attached?

Thanks.

8. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    documents/mygames/simbin/raceroomracingexperience/userdata/controlset

When you load the game, you'll see the profile listed. You can select it there.

9. Doronbh

Doronbh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this!

10. Doronbh

Doronbh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Mike, no other effects in SC4?

11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I don't, but you can add some slip and curb if you like. I fixed the slip frequency so its correct now.

12. TDIdriving

TDIdriving Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    so my thoughts about this oscillations and wobbling if you drive round the corner and on straights...my setup ist nearly default...try to set only the slip effect to zero. Thats it for me. Now it feels great as long time before some updates...to have a better feel in the accuforce i gave some strengt to the overall wheel effect (for me 60% instead of default 50%)

so very easy and now its ok.
    Keep on racing and have fun
    Greats Tobi

13. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Accuforce V1 owner here who spent hours trying to dial out that oscillation in corners, I found it is the default Accuforce profile used by the game, if you delete or rename it out of the list of profiles it will allow you to set the Accuforce as a custom profile like OSW users do, I then tweaked it in the game FFB and use 20% slip to get a slight rumble for tyre scrub, I didn't use SC4 to sort it as you are trying to dial out an issue with the profile which cannot be done by the in game FFB alone and using SC4 you are masking it.

I set my SC4 to base setting, default profile, 100% FFB, 900 degrees of rotation etc etc, no added effects and close SC4, then set up the wheel as a custom wheel and turn off kerbs, collisions and impact, I use 20% gear shift as I like that feeling, no dampening needed, no low force boost, just set vertical, lateral and the others as you like, I'll post a pic up of my settings when I get a chance but you don't need to use SC4 to make this sim feel good, that should just be used to hone the good base FFB settings.

Still tinkering with steering rack but usually between 30-50% but most of it is set and forget and I use the in car FFB multiplier to enhance or decrease my base FFB settings globally per car, you can also edit the controller.rcs to remove the stationary FFB friction which results in a heavy wheel when you are trying to get back on track at low speed, turn it to zero

14. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if we’re talking about the same oscillation but if you use 100% steering rack force the scrub feedback is a gentle rumble. If you use 0% rack force it becomes this uncontrollable oscillation or wobble. Been like that for a while. Not sure why.

15. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    We have similar settings looking back at yours Mike but with using the default Accuforce profile it didn't matter what I changed in the game FFB it felt terrible, the only difference I feel now between 0% rack and 100% is that it's slightly lighter on 100% and a bit heavier on 0%, not a great difference, that is the one setting I'm sort of still playing with but even at both with 20% on the slip effects I get a nice subtle rumble to indicate scrub, honestly try it without using the inbuilt game profile.

Actually I wouldn't have called it an oscillation more of a violent bounce before I used a custom profile, impossible to dial it out.

16. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    So that was an interesting experiment. I tried creating a profile with a keyboard instead of the default Accuforce profile by renaming the AF profile to something else. Then did some testing. If I left the steering sensitivity at 50%, I didn't like the feel. Felt very non-linear....light at first and then very strong. However, if I changed the steering sensitivity to 100%, it felt very good and the large oscillations or kick back you get is not there anymore. I think i'm losing a bit of detail, but its very good.

So, that made me compare the RCS file differences in the controller to see what settings are different:

FFB steer vibe freq= 0.0 instead of 1.0 in AF profile
    FFB steer vibe zero magnitude=0.07 instead of 0.0 in AF profile
    FFB Steer force average weight = 0.8 instead of 1.0 in the AF profile
    FFB steer force grip weight = 0.35 instead of 1.0 in the AF profile

What's really interesting here is it looks like the average weight and force output weight are the key differences.

Force average weight - How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01-1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will add latency

Steer Force Grip Weight - Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended 0.4-0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.

17. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Correct, we found the same values after we did a Winmerge with the AF profile and a custom profile, as you found with the SS at 50% it felt wrong, I ended up on 75% myself but may try 100%, totally got rid of those large kicks for me also, something I just could not dial out, I tend to tweak in game settings without SC4 running to get a good base setting, anything you do in SC4 after is just tweaking the base settings and adding extra goodies.

I initially got the kick back dialled out with SC4 but it felt numb and makes me wonder how many people are doing the same to mask the fundamental issue with the game AF profile as I see a lot of people adding dampening which I did but with this setting you do not need any at all.

I tend not to run SC4 though and just use the base settings, the game FFB does a good enough job but I am still tweaking but 90% there now with a few hours of using custom where as with the AF profile I spent days and still got nowhere.

Glad it worked for you, would be interested to see what in game FFB you ended up with.

18. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Since my original post, i've changed my FFB settings to as follows:

SC4:
    Default power level
    Game FFB: 95%
    Game FFB Smoothing: 45%
    Friction: 5%
    Fluid Dampening: 5%
    Everything else off

In Game:
    force feedback intensity 100%
    Dampener 1%

Steering force intensity 50%
    force feedback min force 0%
    understeer 40%
    vertical load 70%
    lateral force 70%
    steering rack 100%

Returning back to the steering force grip weight, I noticed that one of the youtubers I follow and the profile most often used for OSW users is also at 0.35 instead of 1.0. Take a look here: . His file is available for download too. I'm still playing around with this, but i think this may be the way to go.

19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    In the RR controller profile change this line
    ffb slip freq multiplier="0.1" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
    to this
    ffb slip freq multiplier="1.0" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev

The slip is a lot faster without the canal boat turning oscilation, it is much better but got to say going from a G25 which i thought relayed the slip really well to a Fana V2 which wasnt quite as nice, to the Accu V1 which i think is worse again, feels too soft, too much of a soft rubber curve not enough hard sharp your on the jagged edge, its set to sine in the rcs file but can be changed to triangle, square and saw tooth but all of them feel like its being very heavily dampened, thats if the changes actually had an effect and not just placebo.

20. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Where are you guys at with these settings now ? I have wasted so many hours trying to dial in my AF original version that I eventually gave up because the FFB just felt like crap. Going back over a year, nearly 2 years ago I had brilliant FFB from my AF wheel and I never understood what went wrong or what they changed but it now makes sense that it was probably when they added that profile for the AccuForce wheel which by the sound of what you guys are saying, has some errors or miscalculation of values in the .rcs file.

So if anyone has a good recent .rcs file and the settings they now use please share them as I would love to get back into RaceRoom again and burn some rubber on my fave tracks not available anywhere else. Cheers