Released August 15th Update - FIA WTCR by OSCARO

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 15, 2018.

1. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    I could not see it.:(

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    You are lucky then, I haven't even received a reply yet.:(

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i don't know tbh. I didn't say it's wrong how it is now, just an observation. But with almost every racecar backfiring nowadays (except audi r18 tdi) it seems odd that the TCR don't .. can the turbo be the reason?

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well have spent a few hours with a few different models and first observations. Racing in these is brutal, talk about push and shove but they seem to be able to take it, managed to save certain, over-steer from helpful nudges on several occasions, only had one experience that seemed strange, door to door on turn one at the Red Bull Ring and a tap from my left sent me spinning out. Other than that have to doff ones hat, all feel and handle differently, all are a dream to drive (with a tweak here and there) and early signs is BOP's pretty damn good, relying on mistakes to make up places. Sheer joy to be in the middle of a pack, whether at the front or back, close exciting duels, this has just got to be the best way ever to do a bit of cardio, dial up the FFB and lift those arms one, two, th................
    For just over 2 squid each car, has to be a bargain, 7 very individual cars (well 5) not got to the Peugeot or Honda yet, still have that to look forward to. Do not pass these by because of the FWD, these have given me a couple of the best tin top races I can remember and they've not been out 24hrs yet.
    Oh what joy, have tested a couple at Brands, perfect, designed for them (could be a tad longer though) ;) and a couple at Chang, goto test track, perfect track for the WTCR, great selection of turns and straights, most underrated and under used track, makes for great races.o_O Also had a couple races at Saltzberg, chicanes caused issues for several drivers, one of them eventually took me out by hitting one of those 40 tonne oil drums, right in front of me. :eek: Had a couple at the Red Bull, also delivering the most brilliant racing.
    Early days but nothing negative to report up to now, well other than the usual release day clamour at the shop slow down of everything but rarely lasts long.
    Top marks guys (S3) look good, sound good, drive good and race perfectly, loving the launch control, well when I remember to let go. :rolleyes: Nearly forgot, had a quick race round Macau, again, like these cars were designed for the place, such good racing.
    Brilliant job S3, well worth waiting for and well worth the £15 or so it cost, in fact I topped up my Vrp yesterday, £13.99 for 2000 and I think I paid 1495 Vrp for the pack, bargain, less than £2 a motor, you'd be mad not to grab it and get racing, MAD I tell you, MAD, MAD, MAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

• Like Like x 6
  5. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Because I hit my wrist last week I can't really drive them on 100% but I gave them a short spin today, and damn they are so good! I made lot's of mistakes because of my limited turning ability actually, but through this I really noticed that those cars are "alive" it's awesome.

Sector3 guys you really should put one of them into the starter pack. They are perfect for beginners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I test-drove two of the new cars in the shop, since I am still undecided whether I really want to get this pack.

I recently complained about the magical non-spinning of WTCC cars, and that they drive like on rails, cannot be made spinning even intentionally.

Well, the two new WTCR cars I tried, the VW and the Alfa Romeo - I made them spinning. Easily. When hopping over the little hills in the Raceroom house track, they spun quite easily. And in general they are more alive, more agile. I compared them directly to driving the same track with the Honda and the Lada from the WTCC 2016 pack. The new cars are MUCH more alive, for my taste, and their sound suites also are offering more detail.

I bomped a bit into the walls, to see how the cars wopuld behave, again the result was far more believable than with the earlier WTCC packs. The cars had a tendency to remain stable, but werre more vivid, more alive in the reaction, took some more effort to indeed keep them under control. This is much better a represenation of how I would imagine that FWD feels when pushed to limits.

Seen that way these cars are indeed an improvement. WTCC never was my thing, but if I have to choose amongst the WTC packs there are, the new WTCR would be the one I would go with. The handling in general is more complex, more believable, more like so that I could imagine that yes, this is how it would be to drive these cars. That feeling I never had in the WTCC 2013-16 cars, they were too much "on rails". I will test drive one or two more cars of the pack to see if the more believable illusion (because that is what a sim in the end is) that the tests today provided me with, will hold itself together.

First impression is better than I expected, the direction it all points at so far, is promising.

And just for the record: yes I know what FWD means and that they behave differently and should by tendency be more difficult to spin. More difficult - but not impossible.

7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Any change this getting looked at ?
    The advanced statistics for all the WTCR cars are still at 0.

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I tried 2 more of the WTCR cars now, 4 of the 7 tested now. Actually I am positively surprised when I directly compare them to the WTCC 2016 cars. These new ones again got the new Hodgkinson physics, and they are more agile, alive, less race-on-rails and yes, they spin - whereas in WTCC 2016 it was almost impossible to even intentionally spin.

The cars are definitely the best in Raceroom's whole FWD lineup, which now covers 5 WTCx seasons. When going over bumps, certain curbs, little hills, I lost control several times. I like how these new cars are more demanding to stay in control of them in such circumstances. At the same time the pack has these cars with destinctive differences in driving feeling, sounds, driving characteristics. They again as a group set themselves apart from the other RR car sets, which almost all are RWD and a few 4WD.

Pleasant surprise, I did not expect this. I bought in. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Lets be real, the '16 cars probably make at least twice the downforce.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No, I think it was more some magnetic rail technology like for the Transrapid. :D

Thje WTCR cars in the Swedish rumble pits - thats a nice combo now. Tiny little bastards that bite and go wild. LOL

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Can we please appreciate the downshift from the VW Golf TCR here?

ignore my exquisite lawnmowing technique in this video

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. LockNah

LockNah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So it has been over two days since support said a fix had been applied for my missing skins and I still have not got them. Sent another message about it last night with no reply, which makes two without reply now. :(

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Same. Maybe the support guys are on holiday.:p

14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 Studios - The masters of sound :cool: … I don't know any other racing sim, which offers such realistic engine and drive train noises like you can hear in R3E.

PS: Nice driving style :D

15. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0

16. SimRacer

SimRacer Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon when will RaceRoom have hand animations for shifting at the wheel please ?

17. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Not in this engine, I doubt it. But in Unreal, anything's possible.
    When it is, I don't know :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. SimRacer

SimRacer Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for your answer ;)
    Strongly the Unreal engine !!! Haha

19. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    @w.velgersdijk:

???

… please also the H-pattern shifting animation.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    And the occasional nose-picking

• Funny Funny x 1