rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I've heard someone with Vive complaining. I am on CV1, rF2 and R3E are my primary sims, I switch between them. I don't notice scaling differences or issues. Did you by any chance adjust scaling in R3E?
    I see you mentioned driver model, that I can't comment on, I don't pay much attention to driver model, all I need is steering wheel and virtual hands, they seem fine.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Don't remember, but think I have the default scale in R3E.
    Yeah, the driver model includes the hands, they are really tiny in rFactor 2 on my end. But more distracting is the small cars..
    I have the CV1 as well.

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    One more thing, you did recenter upon entering the car, right? Depending on how SVR room/seated pos is set up, you might end up very far from steering wheel.

Interesting problem, hope you figure it out. VR support in rF2 is quite basic atm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No, it's not a recenter issue either.
    And the track fov seems right, It's just the scale of some of the car models.

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I might be wrong here, but doesn't rFactor 2's 'default' FOV setting differ from car to car? Because if I remember correctly, I had to explicitly set a concrete value to stop the game changing my field of view all the time. But I don't have VR, so I don't really know how this "scaling" works.:)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks, can't harm to try. :)

8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Sadly it didn't help changing the FOV, tried to set it both on 1 and 100, but no difference..
    But it's really weird how some car models feels good, and others too small! And the worst part is, that it is the cars I have bought that feels totally off..
    Exept Kartsim, the karts feels good.

9. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    August roadmap update is here! Two weeks since Simracing Expo will start but I have to say I'm eager to see what they have for us! Somehow I started to care more about S397 and Rf2 if I compare them with ISI when Rf2 was in a, relatively, stale position.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    You can subscribe to Watkins Glen International on Steam now.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Ok... so a McLaren suite coming as free content, ls Nordschleife... with Sudschleife being mentioned as a possibility (I wouldn't say no to it) and new shaders, materials plus some technical mumbo-jumbo wavey-handy stuff are incoming.
    Can we have this stuff like NOW, pretty please?! xD

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    The McLaren trio is up! You can subscribe to it on Steam!

14. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    September roadmap update here.

Off-topic: For the fans of X series (have to say I'm one of them), X4 Foundations is available for preorder on Steam.

15. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    On topic: :D
    I really love what they are doing lately. Some friends re-installed rF2 after a year or longer and they are astonished seeing the changes that have been done up to now.
    Just wish the new UI would come soon...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, like the official GT3 cars much. Looks good, good feedback. Unfortunately no rumble support for the CSP V3.
    Nevertheless driving in the evening in Sebring is breathtaking.

But to be honest, i drove RRR with the BMW M6 GT3 as well to test my new rim and from the driving side, RRR is realy unbeaten until now. Unfortunately offline Racing in a GT3 is meanwhile a no-go in RRR.

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    rF2 is quietly turning into something at last, have really been enjoying it lately, not a Sebring fan but have to admire the finished article, best version I've driven by far. Just wish there were more hours in the day, far too many quality Sims about to get the most out of them. As I've mentioned before, you need to dedicate so much on one to get the finer points mastered that you fall behind on another, things are moving so fast (I'm old, it's fast I tell you) that neglect one for a couple months and it's a totally different beast next time you fire it up. What I can say with confidence is the majority seem to be moving in the right direction, which is only good for all of us.
    Had an horrendous start with ACC but after a couple updates and a dose of Pixie dust, it now (for me) has joined the gaggle of quality Sims that I'm happy to allow populate my HDD, now to slow the spinning of the planet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    October roadmap update here. Botniaring is up on Steam workshop.

19. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Botniaring looks and feels great ! :)
    I had the FR version before, but this is a lot better. And I still get a very high FPS count racing with a pack of 20 Clio's :cool:
    Good work ... again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bernie

Bernie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Love Sebring, and the mods....got over 1000 Hours