Show your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I forgot to mention... I did bent two brackets just a little in order to get wanted angle.
    As for the pedals, I think I would be happy with the HE Ultimates but who knows? By the way, what made you switch from ultimates to hpp's?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Hey Nathan, could you give us some impressions where the differences between the 3 pedals are?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    The HE pros were fine, the brake was a step up from the Fanatec’s I had. I tried these for a short time on a motion rig. But both the ultimates and the pros had too little brake travel for me which made modulation and trail braking difficult. For the ultimates I literally took off my shoes after 10 minutes of use because the travel was so short and intense - in order to feel the small amounts of travel I needed to be in my socks. Keep in mind I was wearing my actual driving shoes. On the ultimates we switched out to the weakest dampers which are still very strong and re-did dxview and I was surprised to see just how few steps there were relative to the clutch/accelerator pedal (literally less than half, close to 1/3). In general I just felt like the brake did not feel like any car/race-car I’ve been in - the Pros felt like a kart to me (I’ve done shifter karts, formula dodge and ended in a 996 cup car for a short time in real life). Regardless, small travel, lots of pressure and then lock. The ultimates are better in my opinion because of the damper making it feel less like a load cell behind synthetic dampers and more like a hydraulic system. The ultimates were certainly a big jump up from the fanatec v3’s I had but they weren’t right for me.

My last two “complaints” are minor, the weight of the units is silly. The clutch pedal is not special and doesn’t feel like a clutch. Overall the units are pretty, and you can see a lot of care goes into producing them. I think they are great units. I like the company as well.

I set out to find a hydraulic brake and came upon sim garage who had a review on both the HE’s and the HPPs. After reading a couple reviews and watching Berry’s 40 minute review - I went blind and purchased them as I knew no one with them (no where to try them out). Berry preferred the hpp’s, but said it came down to preference. I think that’s very fair. The clutch is simply better, that’s hard to debate. The guy who let me try his ultimates is big into open wheel/formula sim racing and he likes his HE’s,

But in my opinion the HPPs
    - design is better and much lighter weight
    - very very easy to adjust and not time consuming
    - brake feel is most similar to race cars I’ve been in and love the initial movement and then bite (like in a real car where the piston moves reasonably easy until the pad hits the rotor). This can be removed but I prefer it. Does require adding a small deadzone via dxview.
    - pedal travel
    - easy to mount, due to weight only two bolts to hold down each pedal, makes moving/sliding them easy and mounting options are simple.
    - low noise
    - lots of springs options (low medium strong and two secondary springs for the clutch plate).
    - great response from owner (always responded within 48 hours and gave me good technical info and PDFs etc so I could prepare my rig before they arrived. I’ve heard some complain about his response time. I literally emailed him 6-8 times and I don’t recall a single time he didn’t respond by the following day. So I’m not denying others experience, can only say mine was easy before,during and after buying.
    - heel toe’ing is a actual joy

Cons
    - the foot rest is stupid small and I immediately ditched it and added my own 40/20 profiles for proper width/depth
    - cost, it’s inline with direct competitors but still it’s expensive.
    - wish there was 3 brake damper options not two
    - lead time for getting unit, I waited 2 months but was told this up front.

D654A324-C24D-446D-B8AC-93BF08AD51F7.jpeg
    These are mine before installing and adding a 3rd soft brake damper. I’m silly and take pictures of stuff before install.

NathanW

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  4. f1simgames

f1simgames Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    German Power GT3 Collection....

Inventory Germany.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    The BMW rim collection......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
  6. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Nathan for your answer, that was a great read. :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    My youngest son's setup, with my T300.

[​IMG]

But what will I use in the closet then??.. . ;)

Edit:
    Just figured out how to connect both the Fanatec CSL E LC Pedals and a TH8A shifter to the Drive Hub! :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing info!

According to your experience with the Ultimates, It has been brought to my attention that Ultimates are exactly what I would like. Super stiff and exaggerated heavy units. Personal preference of course and whether the pedals feel like a real racing car or not, it doesn't matter to me. I just love the feeling of stiff and heavy racing items for some reason. Anything that feels light and easy is not my cup of tea.

Once again, great info and thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Interesting read. I think it does come to personal preference. I remember Barry saying the HE ULT clutch was the best he ever felt in sim race pedals. Did you find the HPP clutch better, or did I misread ?

I decided to buy a set of Ultimates. I don't care them being heavy (even heavier than the Pro's). I don't plan to carry them around a lot... :D
    I have used my HE Pro's for about 18 months now and I am very happy with the throttle and brake pedal. The clutch works fine too, but does not feel like I would like it to. I got to try the Ultimate clutch at a friends rig and I must say I agree with Barry here. I love they way it works and feels, a step up compared to the Pro's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Damn, when my HE Pros were delivered I thought that's my last set of pedals I'll ever need and now I'm tempted to buy the HE Ultimates after reading the last posts... :rolleyes: :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    We shared the same thoughts ... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. f1simgames

f1simgames Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    As my Audi R8 LMS carbon wheel will be ready soon,i work on Audi R8 LMS dashboard for SimHUB.
    Dashboard details :
    -Resolution 1024X600 (Will release to other resolutions too)
    -5 data screens (Idle , Main , Tires , Fuel , Opponents & Map)
    -2 Pop-Up screens for ABS and TC maps when value change
    -Pit Stop blink screen when car is in pitlane.
    -This version don't have rpm leds.Can use to lcd screens with external rpm leds.I will release version with leds soon.

Download link : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-f1sg-audi-r8-lms-dashboard.22712/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. lucazpf

lucazpf Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    My new setup: RSEAT S1, with Simoni Racing seat.

Customized with monitor stand and PC mount[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

I have just finished my new little setup, very happy :)

IMG_20180904_205528.jpg IMG_20180904_205545.jpg IMG_20180904_205815.jpg IMG_20180904_210119.jpg
    IMG_20180904_212038.jpg IMG_20180904_212610.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  15. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Good job, very crisp and clean :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
  17. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much :) that was the goal, still a little bit of cable management to do, but for now I just want to drive :D

ASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ , awesome Monitor for simracing 100hz, UWQHD (3440x1440), curved 35'' :)
    I have that one wallmounted with an AmazonBasics Arm, so I can change position in every way and have no rumble from the wheel on the Monitor.

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    thanks.. the 35" look really small. I thought it was a 31" or so ^^ I planned a 34" but I don't want WQHD. Full HD is enough for its purpose. I have an eye on the LG 34UC89G-B, 144Hz G-sync, 21:9, curved.. and below the 600€ mark...

• Like Like x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I have that Lg screen is a gsync one, very happy with it

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Upgraded from a DFGT that had for a decade, love the TS-PC Racer!

• Like Like x 2