App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    In the MSI files in the temp folder, as described (post #1918). The files contained only the quoted text, not more. It maybe also was in the error message windows last night, and I just had missed the last sentence mentioning error 1612, the first part in that error was identical to those MSI files in the temp folder.

Crewchief meanwhile proved that it indeed works normally again, in AC three hours ago.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Just an update, it's not CC.
    For some reason Windows resets the volume of selected apps without any apparent cause.
    Now I just have to figure out why, and how to stop it.....
    Friggin' Windows. :mad:

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Dein Post zum Zweiten... :)

Heck, now I remember what you mean. XPAntiSpy. Yes, that was a great tool, best of its kind. I also used it in W7, worked like a charm. The author wanted to transport it to W10, but it seesm the thing fell into sleep mode, I just can assume that he found Micorosft messing such tasks up to an degree that he just could not catch upü with them anymore, even when he would be running. And think of it, Microsoft has no interest in XP AntiSpy working. If they would get away with it they would ban all user settings from Windows alltogether. They made it clear that they do not accept anymore the truth in the statement "my system is MY system, not Microsoft's".

XPAntiSpy in principal was a GUI for a lot of small registry tunings and settings that else would have been needed to be entered manually. I have only praise for that little cutie.It worked great both in XP and W7, apparently also Vista and W2K.

https://xp-antispy.org/en/

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. spektrograf

spektrograf Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski Just a note of thanks for the ongoing development of Crew Chief! I've been really enjoying it with R3E! Donation sent! :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Anyone knows this issue? sometimes in AMS CC lose the background sounds, i have to shut it down and start again to get it right. Happened after the last update.
    Maybe The Iron Wolf?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    You mean pitlane sounds, right?
    Are you using nAudio? I don't think we changed anything around audio playback recently.

Edit: Next time you lose bg sound, please send us your console output. Please use pastebin or something

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  7. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Could you please add a name for a friend?
    Andrei
    Listen to the recording for how it's spelled.

8. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone.

I've been using crew chief since the early days and never had a problem... till now.

Last night I launched the app and a window poped up with something about being unable to acces user data or something like that, at the moment I didn't realize it was about crew chief but when the it finally ran all my settings were gone, just as if I had installed for the first time. That's not a big deal, except that I lost the output selectors and I can't remember how to have them back, they were very useful and I feel lost now. Does anyone know how to have that version of the app? Jim?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

9. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, for installations we rely on a bunch of technologies that we don't control. And, those technologies are not perfect and sometimes corrupt settings. What I personally do I backup C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd folder. This won't help you restore previous settings, but will help restoring them next time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Hi all

For the last few days - about 3-4 races - CrewChief hasn't been 'printing' out my lap times at the end of my session.

Anyone know why that might be? I find it really useful.

thanks

11. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I'll check in the next couple of days to see if anything is broken.
    BTW, would it be useful to also print sector times for each lap in a summary, and print if it was valid lap or not? Or that would be too much noise?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I keep getting a incorrect fuel report. Just recently, it reports I won’t make it to the end and will have to add X amount to finish. I of course finish with 3+ minutes of fuel left on a 1:40 lap track. This hasn’t happen to me before until the last week. Now it’s every time. Any thoughts?

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    that calculation is allowing for a 'reserve', but being 3 minutes over is a bit too much. I'll tweak the calculation for the next release so the fuel status report (how much you'll need to make it to the end / whether you can make it to the end on your currentl fuel) doesn't include this reserve. I'll keep the reserve in the 'fuel to the end' calculation so you'll still be given fuel + reserve when you refuel. It should help with this

[edit] are you using litres or gallons for your fuel unit?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Man, I appreciate your dedication! I need to donate again, seriously. I load up crew chief every time I start a sim. Hoping The new assetto corsa will allow you to make CC compatable.

NathanW

15. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0

I can't reproduce the problem (did 2 qualis and 2 races against AI), and we didn't change much around "session lap times:" printout recently, so I am not sure what is the problem. The only thing I can think of, check if printout is enabled in settings:
    upload_2018-9-8_13-2-4.png
    Are you running latest version?

16. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for quick response!
    As a data nerd I'd love to have it all !! :D

Oh and... yes I'm running latest version and yes I have lap times enabled...

Thanks for trying to replicate it. I know it's odd.

I've been finding it a bit hit and miss lately. I mentioned I'm a data need - here's some stats.

Since release of WTCR I have completed 23 races. On 7 occasions lap times have not been generated at the end of the session, but the first four were 'one-offs'. My post was triggered by having 3 sessions in a row with no lap times.

Thanks for taking a look. Really appreciate it.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  17. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Further update. Just did another race and no lap times.:(
    I did a restart at one point (forgot to turn on my wheel). I have no idea whether that would affect it or not?
    I have attached console text if that helps.
    As always, very much appreciate everything! :D

Attached Files:

18. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Well, so laps are printed only when CC detected session as Finished. I looked at the log, and during first race there were 9 laps completed, but then CC went immediately to Green phase again of the new Race, without previous race "Finished". There might be a bug where we don't finish R3E race session in some situation, but I am not seeing it here. How did you start the second race?

Also note, if you restart Chief, all lap stats are lost. But I don't think this is the case here, it simply seems that for some reason CC can't detect race as being over.

19. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    That's odd.

Here's what happened - I set up the race as normal, went in and just as the race was starting (lights not even out yet) I realised my wheel was not turned on at the power outlet, so I hit restart which delayed things just long enough for the wheel to initialise.

I then did a full ten lap race, for which I have a results file showing all 10 laps were completed (and I also have a full replay file). [NB this was technically the 'second' race]

I ended the session as normal by clicking continue as it takes you through the results screens and then ended the session as normal.

My gut feel is there is a bug (or at least a fussiness about how you exit the session??), although I agree I haven't provided the evidence for it as yet. Over the next few days I'll keep a very careful note of every step I take and see if I can spot what makes it work and what makes it not work.

Thanks again for your help. I'll post again if I find any consistent predictors of 'printing' vs 'not printing' the lap times.

20. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    You could also capture a repro trace, that way we could see what exactly is going on. Is it 2 race event?
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces