Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. sbarro3

sbarro3 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    You have to try it multiple times. For me it took 5 or 6 attempts until ACC had saved my settings for the wheel.
    But, like FormelLMS, I'm not very excited about ACC yet.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks I'll give it another 5 to 6 shots!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 here. i had to run hardware recongition three times until the game finally remembered it.

Some bugs in there, backview not working for me, for example. Thrustmaster 300 and 500 are strongly suspected by Kunos to not work as wanted.

You expect such things from an early Early Access release.Mind you, we are at least 6 months away from true game release. No expectations you have must already be met by them right now.

I played the same car on the same track in AC again yesterday, and immediately noticed that the FFB was more agile, but also the whole car felt much lighter. The FFB in ACC is - well, it gives me a heavy feeling, the steering is not as alive, but the general tension in the wheel feels more believable to me. There is several hundred kilograms of mass at the other end of the steering system, I "can feel it". In a way it feels a bit more like Raceroom's cars. But more subtlety. Need more experimenting with "FFB gain" in the menu. If you think your steering feels too muffled, lower that value first to something between 60 and 80. Note their is a FFB-meter in the new gear-revs-app, together with the new pedal input markers settings.

I like the new FFB, its very different to AC, but gives me a better illusion of a real car, with physical mass.

4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Yea like the GT3 is a big truck now with no self aligning torque at all... Great fun... -.-

Chris Zöchling on ACC: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/309482853

"ADAC-GT-MASTERS - BMW M6 GT3 - Pro racer in Blancpain Endurance | Lamborghini Super trofeo | race coach & instructor. PORSCHE Super Cup & Carrera Cup"

5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ Hm, I wonder whether really everybody not really knowing the sim and how it works must do a review. For example somewhere at the end he complains about "the incredible power on the steering". That is because he left the FFB gain in the options at too high default setting, probably everybody, no matter his wheel, must tune it down, I currently experiment with values between 60 and 70 - by factors it is set to 100! He indicated that he did not fully knew that he was driving an aggressive setup, while there are three default setups on offer: aggressive, safe, wet. My favourite however was him complaining that every sim has tyre sounds, and that in reality you do not hear that as a driver, and that every sim is so terribly wrong in letting oyu hear your tyres. It seems he completely missed that such effects MUST be overdone in a sim, because they provide some compensation for the plenty of lacking feedback you would get in reality, via your inner ear, your lower bottom, and so forth - but that you completely miss in a sim, necessarily. He could as well complain about the red arrow (indicating close other cars) being unrealistic. It is, yes, and yet it compensates for so much feedback the real driver gets, peripheral eye sight and such, but that the player gets not - which makes such unrealstic tiny features helpful in making the sim experience in an unrealistic fashion more realistic (if that formulation makes sense :) ).

I think this puts the validity of his remarks into relation a bit. A good sim driver not necessarily is a good reality driver, and a good pro driver in RL must not necessarily be a competent sim user.

Why streaming your very first lap, your very first contact with a new sim? That is like a newbie not knpwing sim, car and track at all, but immedioately jumpi8ng into multiplayer instead of familiarising himself first with options, setup, then learn the track, and whem he has memorised it - THEN going into multiplayer.

( Every sim should have an internal log in a blackbox running, blocking access to multiplayer on a given track as long as on that track in question player has not logged at least lets say 10 laps in single player without leaving the space between the two white lines left and right. 20 laps might be even better. You do not learn a track in multiplayer, but you learn it all alone in SP - and then go multiplayer once you have learned it. )

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not watched the fully video but are you sure he meant "the incredible power on the steering" or "the incredible power understeering"? In the snippet I saw, he meant the later... And that he not fully knows that he was on an aggressive setup makes me wonder as he loaded it in the third lap he was driving, as a user told him to do so.

7. tw1st

tw1st Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know if there will be some smaller updates between the roadmap-Patches? Or there will be only monthly updates?

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    He replied to an user it seems, apparently who told him that what he just said before was due to the setup he had. And the other thing, I understood him saying "steering". My impression definately was he spoke about the wheel (its feedback). And that is not unexpected. If you do not lower FFB gain, the steering wheel IS very heavy indeed. There is much more general tension in it than in AC. That however knows variation, since users might have their wheels on the hardware level setup differently. Somebody might use the same wheel like me, and uses the same FFB gain and same sim - and still it feels differently for him: different on-wheel options dialed in.

Heck it was the first time he fired up the sim - why is this even worth a stream? You cannot know all needed background details already from first second on.

Anyhow, this is all a bit "from small things to smaller things".

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I only had a quick play tonight and used time from around 7am to 9am and I was pretty disappointed with the gfx. Had all settings on epic but it was all blurry. It is only ea though so I am sure they will be able to improve it.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    :D Just got a 218 MB hotfix.

11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Set Motion Blurr off. ;) :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    There's a 200MB patch today.
    Edit: Notes:
    0.1.1 Hotfix

- fixed AI remaining without fuel
    - fixed crash caused by faulty recognition of T500 Gear Shifter
    - fixed time loop after midnight
    - added starter and ignition command on Controller Page
    - fixed car lights not working when opponents visibility video option is used
    - fixed backfires and other particles visible on hidden cars when opponents visibility video option is used
    - fixed misleading option values with AA and visible opponents
    - fixed marshal spline detection
    - expanded camera FOV and frame rate limits
    - visual and LOD tweaks to the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
    - disabled saving the discord username for in build configuration
    - slightly increased the retry-interval after a disconnect from the servers
    - added proximityIndicatorsVisible setting to hud.json
    - fixed music looping in some conditions
    - tweaked volume for reverb zones

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    At least he's more informative and way less irritating than Nicki Thiim.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I will check, but I am pretty sure I already had it off.

15. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think he's joking. Turning it off had no effect on my blurry graphics.

16. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Do more people have problems that they can't get a mirror in the game.
    Even i can't find a short cut for look back
    And at bumper view the shortcuts of the mirrors don't work
    Furthermore, I am quite charmed though
    :)

17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Just use reshade and all you need is to activate is adaptivesharpening..

18. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Disable TAA and FXAA and use (mild) SSAA instead via the resolution scale setting.

@NL-Jos For me virtual mirror is enabled automatically in a race with AI opponents.

19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If in replay, you can enter Ferrari and Audi cockpits. The Ferrari has a camera for rear view and a screen in cockpit, the Audi has a centre mirror (currently the driver statistics app is placed right above it...)

The big artificial mirror window seems to get automatically toggled. I have a mirror in races against AI cars only, not in hotlapping and hotstint and practice mode (and why should I have it when there are no other cars...). I wonder about the full-screen look back option, too. The button "look to mirror" in menues doe snothign when i map it to my hardware. Maybe they excluded it becasue in reality drivers would find it impossible to move their heads even 60° to the side - safety belts, and helmet and all that preventing greater freedom of movement. I think this is no good idea, condering that this is a sim with already limited perception on screens. Like they include tyre squealing to give feedback on that the cars does while the driver in reality would find it impossible to hear it, they should allow options that might increase situational awareness in this limited environment that a PC is.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  20. tw1st

tw1st Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    One quick question: Is the Nurburgring GP Track laser scanned?