Fanatec ClubSport V2 Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sean Lander, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Well since no one seems interested in this wheel being supported in R3E I've tried to get things to a point where the wheel is working well in this game and you can actually feel whats going on with your car.

I have the ClubSport Wheel V2 Base with the BMW Rim on it. So pretty heavy.
    Basically I fired up Assetto Corsa and did laps with the BMW GTR 2 Car.
    The first thing that hits you is how easy it is to drive compared with R3E.
    The reason I reckon is because you can feel when you are on the edge of grip.
    So after doing many laps I sought to duplicate this feel in R3E.

Here's what I've come up. It isn't perfect but it's a lot better than what I had before and now I can feel the grip levels changing. It helped me go almost 2 seconds faster around Nurburgring. (I used this track because of it's demanding corners which are very hard on tyres)

The other thing to help is to fix up the sound. First make sure your tyre noise is much louder than default.
    Second turn off reverb (why this is set to 100% is beyond me) Play with other settings with the mind to getting audio feedback on what is happening with the car.

Make sure your wheel is set to 540º Rotation (Control Panel 900º) and the rest standard.
    The other thing that really helps me a lot is reducing the throttle sensitivity to 20%
    It is just far too easy IMHO to wheel spin the car coming out of tight corners.
    (and don't get me started on the curbs!)

I turn the shift effect off because it is far too brutal even at 1% and I use Fanaleds which does a much better job.

[​IMG]

So there you have it. Hopefully this helps some of you out with this great wheel.
    I'm still tweaking it but I feel this is a great launching pad.
    Hopefully Sector 3 will come up with support for this wheel soon.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully s3 will add full v2 support soon,it is a very popular wheel to those that can get their hands on one.

Before august would be nice I'm due to get mine around then. ;)

3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Carefull, until we have a full support for the wheel, the steering lock should be set manually in each car setup.
    If you stay "by default" you'll have a steering lock value at 13, witch doesn't fit at all with a 540° wheel range.

For a better experience you'll need to change your SEN setting on the wheel in regards of the car you're going to drive, and set the steering locks that correspond.
    For example: ADAC car use a 540/24 wheel range/steering lock ratio, but older car may use a 720 Wheel range (DTM92, etc) here you'll need a 30 steering lock, and of course set the SEN value on 720, you can have 900/30 for other cars...
    Protos are more on something like 400/18, DTM's run better with 450/20 (not sure for steering lock value), etc ..

Thanks to the conception af Fanatec wheel, it's easy to change SEN on the Fly to adapt it, and you'll have to set steering lock only once for each car. I Myself use multiple settings on my 5 allowed profiles on the wheel: one for 540°, on for 720°, one 900° and one 450° (the fifth is for SEN OFF for other game like AC)

When full support for the wheel will come, we will be able to use SEN OFF and use the automatic wheel range of the game. I hope it will come as soon as possible, it as been already too long.

BTW: for better settings: on the wheel:
    FOR=100
    SPR=OFF/0
    DPR=OFF/0
    DRI=OFF/0
    FF=100

I myself set the in game force feedback intensity to 60, witch gave me a much greater experience (should avoid clipping ..)

• Like Like x 1
  4. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I downloaded the new firmware and deleted my profile in game and created a new one. Now some cars feel washed out in the front. Has anyone else experienced this and how can it be fix?

5. Sean Lander

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    When I say default I mean wheel settings set to.
    FOR=100
    SPR=100
    DPR=100
    DRI=OFF/0
    FF=100
    and yes as stated I was running the GTR2 at 540°

6. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You should try with DRP and SPR to 0/OFF
    You'll have a much better feeling ;)
    DPR/SPR to 100 gave a very heavy wheel, not fun @ all

And don't hesitate to lower the force feedback strength, in game settings to avoid clipping (even if we don't have a FFB jauge to see it). With less FFB strength the wheel gave greater feeling.

I have someting similar to AC with this settings ;)

7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Just for info ...... DRI = 3 is the neutral setting without artificially added dampening. On the CSW v2 the so called drift-mode works differently compared to the CSW v1. After this was officially stated by Fanatec CEO Thomas Jackermeier, i have set my drift mode to 3 for all sims i own.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You right, but this is not dampening, it's more about adding some resistance in the wheel rotation (dampening is related to the center position of the wheel), to not have something that give the impression of turning a not connected wheel, without any friction at all.

I tried to set some DRI, but I find it somehow disturbing as it gave less feeling of having a wheel connected to a car.
    The only game I use it at this time is Dirt:Rallye with only DRI=1, not more.

But as any of this settings it's all a matter of preference and habits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sean Lander

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Strange even with Spring and Damper set to 100 on the wheel it is anything but heavy. If anything it still feels a little bit too light for me.
    Definitely don't like using drift at all. One thing I am considering is lowering the shock value. Haven't noticed any clipping in Force Feedback but will have a look at that too.

10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0

I only have the Fanatec CSR Wheel but you are right this is the setting for the best feeling after the big ffb update last year. After this update I only had a heavy center spring effect even with dampening off in the Fanatec tool. I never took a closer look to the DPR and SPR settings before because booth where set to 0 by default and the user manual said theese settings take only effect when using the wheel with consoles.

Now i use DPR off, SPR off, DRI 3 - 4 and i get nearly the same great feeling for the cars in all sims i drive. :)

11. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Agree. I use almost the same settings for all sims.

12. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Just a heads up we have implemented V2 support with latest SDK and it's currently in testing phase. It will be included with the next patch.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    fantastic news;)thank you

14. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    :blush:
    At least! Can't wait!

Thanks for the input ;)

15. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Great news. Can't wait. :cool:

I assume that the issue with constantly appearing "Device missing" message is also solved then?
    [​IMG]
    I have just connected the CSW v2 and the Clubsport Pedals via USB.

16. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Okay, did some test here.
    Seems that the last update changed things here.
    Dpr and spr don't give anymore the heavy wheel as before.
    I didn't notice major difference between off and 100 on both settings

17. Sean Lander

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    No the difference is subtle. I find its better with both set to 100. Having DRI set to anything other than off makes it feel like a controller to me.

18. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    The last update changed things A LOT. So much so, that it's almost undriveable for me. Before the last update, it was fantastic using the illustrious Empty Box's settings. Now it's much less responsive and sloppy. What happened S3S?
    Update: I decided to start from scratch and delete my wheel profile, restarted and reinserted my previous ffb settings I liked from before. Not perfect but much better. Now if we can get the "device missing" bidness sorted...:confused:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  19. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    After this update and support for Fanatec wheel, I noticed that my V2 base is slightly more responsive. Had to turn down FOR to 80 and DRI to 5. I will still test some more later but was wondering if you guys still feel that the same settings apply?

Not sure at the moment if steering lock need to be manually set per car or not.

20. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I am loving the new default settings for the V2, pure gold!

(I am using DRI, SPR & DPR on OFF)